Hypocrites Abound in Riots of 2020 vs Capitol Assault 2021

Indecisi0n

Better late than never:

During a press conference this Tuesday, Acting U.S. Attorney Micheal Sherwin said that the "scope and scale" of the current and upcoming investigations into the violent storming of the U.S. Capitol by Trump supporters is unprecedented "not only in FBI history but probably DOJ history." "As we sit here now literally days after this event happened, we have already opened more than 170 subject files, meaning these individuals have been identified as potential persons that committed crimes on the Capitol grounds inside and outside," he said, adding that the number of cases is likely to grow "by the hundreds" in the coming weeks.

Let the "healing " begin.
Go after the main people and being super harsh to set the example and move on. Don’t let it drag in for years and cost us millions of dollars.
Spend the rest of the time and money on figuring out how this happened and how to prevent it in the future. Learn from the past people.

PT Car Washer

Go after the main people and being super harsh to set the example and move on. Don’t let it drag in for years and cost us millions of dollars.
Spend the rest of the time and money on figuring out how this happened and how to prevent it in the future. Learn from the past people.
This country has spent trillions of Dollars and years fighting foreign wars protecting our Democracy. What is a few million Dollars? I agree justice needs to be judged with mercy.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Seriously. I never once heard a Democratic leader claim that it was acceptable to riot and loot.
These people are as complicit for the 2020 Summer of Riots as Trump was for the Capitol Assault.
Not saying Trump is not complicit to some extent but if he is, these Democrat leaders are complicit in "The Summer Of Love".

1610518829923.png

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Democrats incited that riot.
Common sense would dictate that you don’t undermine our constitution overriding state legislatures to rewrite election laws to favor your party.

You’re blaming the man who defended his wife for starting the fight imo.
Complicit in the Capitol Assault

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Eliminate the weak spots in the laws.
Bring lawsuits against the States Judicial systems.

One can't just give up on our Constitution!

In what jurisdiction would one sue a judicial system. That would be like the President impeaching himself. Laws that make it more difficult for judges to dismiss cases without going through evidentiary processes could do something. Removing rogue/lazy judges through the proper checks and balances would help.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I still think that the storming of the Capitol was planned and carried out by Left operatives.
Think about it, Capitol Police were informed that a major size crowd was coming yet did not ask for additional help.
In fact they turned it down.
Left wing sites had posted instructions for their memberships to go to this march dressed as MAGA fans.
The videos show mostly young white males are the main group that causes most of the damages for others to gain access.
Few of the young white males are seen within the building, where did they go ?
Who was the woman wearing the pink knit hat that also broke windows ? ( pink knit hats are not typical MAGA headwear )

Babagounj

Strength through joy
In what jurisdiction would one sue a judicial system. That would be like the President impeaching himself. Laws that make it more difficult for judges to dismiss cases without going through evidentiary processes could do something. Removing rogue/lazy judges through the proper checks and balances would help.
Term limits for all.
No more lifetime appointments for judges.
In Massachusetts all LEOs and non-SJC judges are required to retire.
Those SJC judges all turn into nut jobs before they are medically retired.
One female SJC judge dressed like a old beggar woman that walked to work each day.
While living nearby in an exclusive high rise complex, her place looked like how she dressed.

vantexan

I still think that the storming of the Capitol was planned and carried out by Left operatives.
Think about it, Capitol Police were informed that a major size crowd was coming yet did not ask for additional help.
In fact they turned it down.
Left wing sites had posted instructions for their memberships to go to this march dressed as MAGA fans.
The videos show mostly young white males are the main group that causes most of the damages for others to gain access.
Few of the young white males are seen within the building, where did they go ?
Who was the woman wearing the pink knit hat that also broke windows ? ( pink knit hats are not typical MAGA headwear )
On top of that the ones breaking windows for access had the iron bars necessary to do so. Appear to be professional instigators. What better way to discredit Trump than to take advantage of a large gathering of Trump supporters? That being said there were definitely Trump supporters who went into the Capitol Building. That woman who got killed was clearly one.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Good point ... I guess was thinking more like 'Judicial review of other Judges'.
That would not be in the form of a lawsuit.

Georgia has removed several judges in the last 10 years or so ... some for their rulings.

Box Ox

On top of that the ones breaking windows for access had the iron bars necessary to do so. Appear to be professional instigators.
Think there might have been any MAGA police, first responders, military or former military in the Trumpee mob that could've had some skills in that area?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Democrats incited that riot.
Common sense would dictate that you don’t undermine our constitution overriding state legislatures to rewrite election laws to favor your party.

You’re blaming the man who defended his wife for starting the fight imo.

I've thought some more about this issue. The electors clause puts the power to determine how elections are run with the States' House of Representatives. But legislatures have the prerogative of establishing agencies that can make their own administrative rules within the context of the statutes that establish the agencies.

Sounds to me like they have to determine whether any of the election offices acted outside of their authority established by statute, if not, then they need to tighten things up, and create some better oversight.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Good point ... I guess was thinking more like 'Judicial review of other Judges'.
That would not be in the form of a lawsuit.

Georgia has removed several judges in the last 10 years or so ... some for their rulings.

So they check themselves? I would think the executive or legislature, (or both?) would have the power to remove judges.

vantexan

Think there might have been any MAGA police, first responders, military or former military in the Trumpee mob that could've had some skills in that area?
Considering that most of the crowd didn't attempt to invade the Capitol Building the focus should be on who the invaders were. If found to be part of Antifa then the public has the right to know. If found to be Republican extremists then we should know that too. Until then neither you or I can assume anything legitimately.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Considering that most of the crowd didn't attempt to invade the Capitol Building the focus should be on who the invaders were. If found to be part of Antifa then the public has the right to know. If found to be Republican extremists then we should know that too. Until then neither you or I can assume anything legitimately.
I've heard I think three times today that the FBI has determined that number to be 160.

Can't give you a source ... just listening as I played guitar.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

It's fun to speculate and all, but I completely agree.