hypothetical

BigBrown1234

Say you been with company for 1.5 years you make 10.50. Let's just say the starting pay goes up to 13 so this person would get 2.50 raise but we don't settle the contract for best case scenario we settle in jan. 2019 . You really think ups will pay all that retro pay to the thousands of employees. Plus everyone else and all our overtime. I'm a little worried that maybe no retro check for anyone and maybe we all work exactly 1 year no contract all on same pay scale and new contract starts in aug1st 2019

Oh Hell No!!

cachmeifucan

Well alot of guys with 5 years and less should be wondering. Because new hires are getting 10.10 plus 100 a week and probably more that is dollars a hour at at 25 hours a week

Well alot of guys with 5 years and less should be wondering. Because new hires are getting 10.10 plus 100 a week and probably more that is dollars a hour at at 25 hours a week
The contract says all wages are a minimum. I would think the new hire bonus plus hourly rate would create a new minimum for everyone.

Tony Q

I guess you weren’t here last contract when the company paid all of that from August to April?
As it keeps going on and off the table its always a possibly that it could be lost, but I don't see that passing. I know in Local 89 they lost a thousand dollar bonus on their contracts being voted down, until the contract was finally imposed on them. Another thing to look at is what the membership will be in local 89 once a contract is ratified. Local 89 elected officials have zero reason for this contract to ever pass because they will lose a large amount of members upon ratification. This means less dues and less Business agents fighting for the members. Look for this down the road to come into play. The bottom line is know matter how you might not agree with the Teamsters Right to Work is a far worse option.

BigBrown1234

As it keeps going on and off the table its always a possibly that it could be lost, but I don't see that passing. I know in Local 89 they lost a thousand dollar bonus on their contracts being voted down, until the contract was finally imposed on them. Another thing to look at is what the membership will be in local 89 once a contract is ratified. Local 89 elected officials have zero reason for this contract to ever pass because they will lose a large amount of members upon ratification. This means less dues and less Business agents fighting for the members. Look for this down the road to come into play. The bottom line is know matter how you might not agree with the Teamsters Right to Work is a far worse option.

The full time BA position is 100% wate of Union dues. Members/stewards then straight to attorney. No more FT elected positions, elected officials should be currently employed in the trades they represent

Tony Q

The full time BA position is 100% wate of Union dues. Members/stewards then straight to attorney. No more FT elected positions, elected officials should be currently employed in the trades they represent
The only response I can give to this kind of reasoning is that you will never understand, so I won't even bother. All the best to you.

john chesney

Say you been with company for 1.5 years you make 10.50. Let's just say the starting pay goes up to 13 so this person would get 2.50 raise but we don't settle the contract for best case scenario we settle in jan. 2019 . You really think ups will pay all that retro pay to the thousands of employees. Plus everyone else and all our overtime. I'm a little worried that maybe no retro check for anyone and maybe we all work exactly 1 year no contract all on same pay scale and new contract starts in aug1st 2019
All I know is by the end of the contract you should be almost at minimum wage