I can’t stand you UPS guys

Rack em

Made the Podium
One night i mis delivered and it was during peak, so i went back at 10 pm and when the guy answered the door he said, "its a little late to be bothering me." Sorry about that, i mis delivered a package and came to get it back. "Well shes the next house over and im gonna let your company know you're bothering me this late:" So i said sorry and delivered the package. Well the next few days guess who got a package delivered to them? Mr dont bother me has a long drive way with a dog thats a pain in the ass running in front of me the whole way, so every single time since then ive left it at his mailbox and sheeted it as deliver other, mailbox dog. Never piss off the ups guy.
Anytime I know someone has a dog who runs near the package car, I deliver it to the gate. I refuse to drive around dogs that I can't even see and chance that I don't run one over.

F

Frankie's Friend

How does it cost them? Are they charged for each attempt? Sorry I’m kind of stupid, help me understand.

Shipper pays a flat fee regardless of how many attempts it takes but do get charged extra if an address correction is needed.

uneducated in the ways of something does not equal stupid my brother. do not short change yourself but yes, my address corrections depending on the type get billed to the shippers acct. like $8 was the last figure i heard a few years ago

We were told that air service was $10/pkg from the get go.
Ground was less...I believe $5/pkg.

Back when I was part time they told us that address corrections cost the shipper 10$. And that was a long time ago.

All air service pkgs including 2nd day was double the ground rate charge.

Is it like a disturbance in the force?

Kinda like diarrhea rumbling.

:censored2: that :censored2:. I try to leave that :censored2: behind if i can. Otherwise i prerecord it and stop complete on my way in so they dont call in crying to get me to re-attempt.

What do you do when your gps goes off? Or the customer calls in because on computer he can see you driving around with it in your truck after you already emptied out your deliveries and "misloaded on wrong shelf" no longer applies?

Haha, guess what! I have two packages from Amazon for him today. I have three access points to choose from, I am so tempted to do it. But if I do he’s gonna call 1800 pick ups and complain. This dude seems like the type that will go out of his way to make other people’s lives just as miserable as his.

Anyway, I could DR it at his front door. But if he’s not home then I’m picking the AP furthest away. I hope he gets stuck behind a UPS truck blocking a street on his way there tomorrow.

Ever think about reporting him to your management so they can contact him letting him know that if he harasses the ups driver again they will put him on will call?
None of this is the driver's fault.

Last edited by a moderator:

hegro

One night i mis delivered and it was during peak, so i went back at 10 pm and when the guy answered the door he said, "its a little late to be bothering me." Sorry about that, i mis delivered a package and came to get it back. "Well shes the next house over and im gonna let your company know you're bothering me this late:" So i said sorry and delivered the package. Well the next few days guess who got a package delivered to them? Mr dont bother me has a long drive way with a dog thats a pain in the ass running in front of me the whole way, so every single time since then ive left it at his mailbox and sheeted it as deliver other, mailbox dog. Never piss off the ups guy.

As long as it isn't a surepost package that :censored2: gets sheeted NR1 (dog).

rod

Retired 22 years
Whoa!!!! You better stand by a lightning rod buddy !! You calling John Wayne a looooser ????

I stopped at his birthplace and museum in Winterset Iowa a couple years ago while out road tripping on my motorcycle. They wanted 30 bucks just for admission. No way Jose

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I stopped at his birthplace and museum in Winterset Iowa a couple years ago while out road tripping on my motorcycle. They wanted 30 bucks just for admission. No way Jose
I’d pay that for the Clint Eastwood museum !! Maybe the Wayne As well

The Driver

I drive.
Pouring down rain all day drive up to this guys house and drop one package off at his front door, ring, knock and leave. He comes out of the garage and waves. There were maybe five or six boxes left there by Fedex completely drenched and ruined. He chased me down waited until I got out of the truck and ran after me cursing me out. He got right in my face and I thought we were going to fight. I told him to get back in his car and go look at the fedex logo on the labels, then he yelled at me for not ringing the bell. I said then how did you know to come out? You have one of those fancy camera door bells it definitely took a picture of me. He told me to :censored2: off and left. I don’t know why they think they can get away with that a driver can make someone’s life a living hell if they truly gave a crap.

I had a guy almost fight me one time, too. Seriously thought he was gonna throw down. I just backed up while asking him how I could help him.

He claimed the package was late, I looked at the label and explained 2nd Day Air has no time commit and finally got him to calm down. I kinda wish he would've punched me a couple times. Could've sued him real good and got some time off!

RolloTony Brown Town

Had a customer go off on me yesterday for a late package. It was for a rather large apartment complex, the address was correct but there was no unit number. So I sheeted it APT on Monday. Delivered it yesterday and since it was signature required I had to meet the customer. The first thing this dude says when he answers the door, “This was supposed to be here yesterday!”

“Sorry sir, I didn’t have a unit number to deliver it to.”

He then insisted I should’ve tried harder to reach him. I asked him if I should’ve knocked on every door in the complex and his reply, “if that’s what it takes yes!”

“Okay, have a nice day sir!”

He couldn’t leave it at that, before slamming his door his exact words.. “I guess this is what I should expect from idiots who get paid minimum wage to carry boxes around. God, I CANT STAND YOU UPS GUYS!” I literally LOL’d as he slammed his door, which probably :censored2: him off more.

This made me wonder, when a package is going to an apartment and there’s no unit number on the shipping label is that on our end or did the customer forget to enter their apt # when they ordered it? I always thought it was a somewhat common mistake people made while shopping online. Does anyone know if this is ever a UPS friend-up?

Guy sounds like a tool. If there isn’t an apartment listing where I can look for a resident of the same name as the consignee then it’s sheeted as need apt. The only way that this could be a ups error is if the pal label didn’t recognize the apartment that is listed. Even then an experienced driver will check the shipping label to be sure.