I can’t stand you UPS guys

Zowert

That doesn't mean anything. Tons of rich guys live in apartments. Guys without families. Look at NYC..they all do

This isn’t NYC, it’s a dumpy apartment complex in Northern Cali. I see eviction notices posted on doors in this place every other week.

Saltybrownie

I had a customer once that put a completely wrong street name down from his actual address so I “no such street” it and he said why I didn’t try to go look for the correct street name.. the only part or the street that was right was the word mountain and in a ski resort town that narrows it down to about 100 streets.

34yearpackagehumper

Had a customer go off on me yesterday for a late package. It was for a rather large apartment complex, the address was correct but there was no unit number. So I sheeted it APT on Monday. Delivered it yesterday and since it was signature required I had to meet the customer. The first thing this dude says when he answers the door, “This was supposed to be here yesterday!”

“Sorry sir, I didn’t have a unit number to deliver it to.”

He then insisted I should’ve tried harder to reach him. I asked him if I should’ve knocked on every door in the complex and his reply, “if that’s what it takes yes!”

“Okay, have a nice day sir!”

He couldn’t leave it at that, before slamming his door his exact words.. “I guess this is what I should expect from idiots who get paid minimum wage to carry boxes around. God, I CANT STAND YOU UPS GUYS!” I literally LOL’d as he slammed his door, which probably :censored2: him off more.

This made me wonder, when a package is going to an apartment and there’s no unit number on the shipping label is that on our end or did the customer forget to enter their apt # when they ordered it? I always thought it was a somewhat common mistake people made while shopping online. Does anyone know if this is ever a UPS friend-up?

34yearpackagehumper

Had a customer go off on me yesterday for a late package. It was for a rather large apartment complex, the address was correct but there was no unit number. So I sheeted it APT on Monday. Delivered it yesterday and since it was signature required I had to meet the customer. The first thing this dude says when he answers the door, “This was supposed to be here yesterday!”

“Sorry sir, I didn’t have a unit number to deliver it to.”

He then insisted I should’ve tried harder to reach him. I asked him if I should’ve knocked on every door in the complex and his reply, “if that’s what it takes yes!”

“Okay, have a nice day sir!”

He couldn’t leave it at that, before slamming his door his exact words.. “I guess this is what I should expect from idiots who get paid minimum wage to carry boxes around. God, I CANT STAND YOU UPS GUYS!” I literally LOL’d as he slammed his door, which probably :censored2: him off more.

This made me wonder, when a package is going to an apartment and there’s no unit number on the shipping label is that on our end or did the customer forget to enter their apt # when they ordered it? I always thought it was a somewhat common mistake people made while shopping online. Does anyone know if this is ever a UPS friend-up?

BlackCat

Guy sounds like a tool. If there isn’t an apartment listing where I can look for a resident of the same name as the consignee then it’s sheeted as need apt. The only way that this could be a ups error is if the pal label didn’t recognize the apartment that is listed. Even then an experienced driver will check the shipping label to be sure.
You are not supposed to be delivering off the pal label anyways.