I can’t stand you UPS guys

Blackadder 2

Had a customer go off on me yesterday for a late package. It was for a rather large apartment complex, the address was correct but there was no unit number. So I sheeted it APT on Monday. Delivered it yesterday and since it was signature required I had to meet the customer. The first thing this dude says when he answers the door, “This was supposed to be here yesterday!”

“Sorry sir, I didn’t have a unit number to deliver it to.”

He then insisted I should’ve tried harder to reach him. I asked him if I should’ve knocked on every door in the complex and his reply, “if that’s what it takes yes!”

“Okay, have a nice day sir!”

He couldn’t leave it at that, before slamming his door his exact words.. “I guess this is what I should expect from idiots who get paid minimum wage to carry boxes around. God, I CANT STAND YOU UPS GUYS!” I literally LOL’d as he slammed his door, which probably :censored2: him off more.

This made me wonder, when a package is going to an apartment and there’s no unit number on the shipping label is that on our end or did the customer forget to enter their apt # when they ordered it? I always thought it was a somewhat common mistake people made while shopping online. Does anyone know if this is ever a UPS friend-up?

If they only knew what we really make, that would really piss them off.

El Correcto

god is dead
upload_2019-1-16_20-0-45.gif

Before work.

upload_2019-1-16_20-1-0.gif

After work

bumped

This made me wonder, when a package is going to an apartment and there’s no unit number on the shipping label is that on our end or did the customer forget to enter their apt # when they ordered it? I always thought it was a somewhat common mistake people made while shopping online. Does anyone know if this is ever a UPS friend-up?

Now a days when people order something online it is automatically downloaded to the order form. Its not like years ago where you would call on the phone and people would have to take down the information. If the customer doesn't have an apt. number listed it's because the customer didn't enter it in when they ordered it.

Ecw21411

Pouring down rain all day drive up to this guys house and drop one package off at his front door, ring, knock and leave. He comes out of the garage and waves. There were maybe five or six boxes left there by Fedex completely drenched and ruined. He chased me down waited until I got out of the truck and ran after me cursing me out. He got right in my face and I thought we were going to fight. I told him to get back in his car and go look at the fedex logo on the labels, then he yelled at me for not ringing the bell. I said then how did you know to come out? You have one of those fancy camera door bells it definitely took a picture of me. He told me to :censored2: off and left. I don’t know why they think they can get away with that a driver can make someone’s life a living hell if they truly gave a crap.
I’ve had a few talk :censored2: and they’ve learned the hard way and they don’t talk :censored2: anymore either.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Imagine what he would have to say if he knew how much we really made and how little we cared about him. I finally had the balls to say to some :censored2: last summer who was :censored2: his Omaha steaks got delivered at 7:30PM on a hot 95 degree day “yes sir my whole day actually revolves around you, every person gets their own UPS guy and their own UPS truck, next time pay for next day air.”
@CoolStoryBro

rod

Retired 22 years
So what does an address correction cost now days? Where is a resident know-it-all when you need one.

So to answer my own question (because this dump is so helpful) according to the UPS website it cost $14.50 for an address correction. Thank you @rod

Db2400

Had a customer go off on me yesterday for a late package. It was for a rather large apartment complex, the address was correct but there was no unit number. So I sheeted it APT on Monday. Delivered it yesterday and since it was signature required I had to meet the customer. The first thing this dude says when he answers the door, “This was supposed to be here yesterday!”

“Sorry sir, I didn’t have a unit number to deliver it to.”

He then insisted I should’ve tried harder to reach him. I asked him if I should’ve knocked on every door in the complex and his reply, “if that’s what it takes yes!”

“Okay, have a nice day sir!”

He couldn’t leave it at that, before slamming his door his exact words.. “I guess this is what I should expect from idiots who get paid minimum wage to carry boxes around. God, I CANT STAND YOU UPS GUYS!” I literally LOL’d as he slammed his door, which probably :censored2: him off more.

He is an adult. If you don't know how to address a package then you should go back to elementary school.

Db2400

He is an adult. If you don't know how to address a package then you should go back to elementary school.
Just like when you pick up a call tag package. Customers ask "do I need to tape up the box" smh; no you're an adult just let everything spill out. Ridiculous

sikidiki

One night i mis delivered and it was during peak, so i went back at 10 pm and when the guy answered the door he said, "its a little late to be bothering me." Sorry about that, i mis delivered a package and came to get it back. "Well shes the next house over and im gonna let your company know you're bothering me this late:" So i said sorry and delivered the package. Well the next few days guess who got a package delivered to them? Mr dont bother me has a long drive way with a dog thats a pain in the ass running in front of me the whole way, so every single time since then ive left it at his mailbox and sheeted it as deliver other, mailbox dog. Never piss off the ups guy.