I got a lot of questions!

Indecisi0n

Say they tested someone and a FALSE positive came up. UPS fires this person and then the e,employee gets a lawyer, sues for wrongful termination, they come back months later with full back pay and UPS has to pay there lawyers too lawyer and UPS probably ends up paying a "non-disclosed" amount as well. So lets say 1% of drug tests come back as false positives. With UPS's massive work force, that is millions of dollars down the drain trying to fire people for false positives. That is why there are multiple pages in the teamster contract about drug testing. If they could drug test on a whim, it would be used to harass everyone constantly. Same reasoning behind no lie detector tests. False positives happen
I once had a false positive test result.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
They don't test because:
A It costs money
and
B The law doesn't require it.
We get tested in feeders only because the law requires it, if it didn't then we wouldn't be tested either.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Say they tested someone and a FALSE positive came up. UPS fires this person and then the e,employee gets a lawyer, sues for wrongful termination, they come back months later with full back pay and UPS has to pay there lawyers too lawyer and UPS probably ends up paying a "non-disclosed" amount as well. So lets say 1% of drug tests come back as false positives. With UPS's massive work force, that is millions of dollars down the drain trying to fire people for false positives. That is why there are multiple pages in the teamster contract about drug testing. If they could drug test on a whim, it would be used to harass everyone constantly. Same reasoning behind no lie detector tests. False positives happen
No reason to fear if you're clean. I seriously doubt all that language is to protect the company from paying out

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Any positive tests would have to be supported by a second test in order to rule out any false positives.

watdaflock?

tenor.gif

Bad Gas!

I always heard you would be tested if you had a bad accident..Luckily, I never pooped in my pants. I used to smoke weed a few times a year on weekends when I met up with old H S friends.. I would count down the 30 days of being clean after..To me, weed is safer than alcohol..The government pot you have these days is so strong that you only need 1 or 2 puffs and your good..Can't have smoke outs like the old days..

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I always heard you would be tested if you had a bad accident..Luckily, I never pooped in my pants. I used to smoke weed a few times a year on weekends when I met up with old H S friends.. I would count down the 30 days of being clean after..To me, weed is safer than alcohol..The government pot you have these days is so strong that you only need 1 or 2 puffs and your good..Can't have smoke outs like the old days..

You may be tested if you had a bad accident if there is reasonable suspicion that a test may be warranted.

I was involved in a Tier III and was not tested.

PT Car Washer

I think the contract states if there is a serious injury or death you will be drug tested. Had a driver involved in a head on collision and the first place he went was to the hospital to have blood drawn.

rod

Retired 22 years
Always was the same 2 feeder guys "randomly selected" out of the 5 feeder routes they ran out of the center at one time. Apparently management knew these 2 would be clean. Probably saved them a bunch of time and paperwork.