I Love My Job

ManInBrown

All caveats aside, you know it’s a pretty good J.O.B when you get over $40 an hour and full benefits (probably the best full family healthcare plan I’ve ever seen). Yes, the work sucks sometimes and we work really REALLY hard. Especially during peak, we work to the bone. We work until our fingers are numb and achy in the morning. Yes it is challenging. In the end, we are paid a lot of money to deliver BOXES to someone’s door step!
You love package? Wait till you get to feeder’s.

Brohn Bron

Don’t be weak minded enough to focus on your own compensation while the Union helps the Company push a sellout contract through.

Future UPSers will say this was the year when UPS was making big profits, the economy was booming and UPSers still pushed through a contract that began the mass selling out of UPSers for years to come.

It is not a matter of weak mindedness. You’re talking about something entirely different. You could start an entire thread (and there are already many) on what you are talking about. I AM talking about what a world we live in where we make an awesome hourly rate + benefits + pension + OT that equates to an adeaquete livable wage merely to deliver boxes. Some of you haven’t been in the job market for quite some time. It is a harsh and ruthless landscape out there that has no shortage of hard work but aweful pay rates. Many people who have completed programs at universities and masters programs don’t even come close to the many benefits awarded to UPS drivers for sucking it up and back to work every single day.

Box Ox

It is not a matter of weak mindedness. You’re talking about something entirely different. You could start an entire thread (and there are already many) on what you are talking about. I AM talking about what a world we live in where we make an awesome hourly rate + benefits + pension + OT that equates to an adeaquete livable wage merely to deliver boxes. Some of you haven’t been in the job market for quite some time. It is a harsh and ruthless landscape out there that has no shortage of hard work but aweful pay rates. Many people who have completed programs at universities and masters programs don’t even come close to the many benefits awarded to UPS drivers for sucking it up and back to work every single day.

You’re just another guy trying to sell the proposed Contract.

I know because you’re talking up current driver pay and benefits while saying nothing about the proposed Contract. We already know what everybody makes here.

Nobody would make a post just to state the obvious. Or suggest current pay is overly generous for the sacrifices made to mind, body and family.

Brohn Bron

You’re just another guy trying to sell the proposed Contract.

I know because you’re talking up current driver pay and benefits while saying nothing about the proposed Contract. We already know what everybody makes here.

Nobody would make a post just to state the obvious. Or suggest current pay is overly generous for the sacrifices made to mind, body and family.

Lol I’m not trying to sell you anything, my friend! I just felt compelled to look at the glass is half full perspective in my thread post. I’m certainly concerned with the proposed contract negotiations like everyone else. We all should be!

Box Ox

Lol I’m not trying to sell you anything, my friend! I just felt compelled to look at the glass is half full perspective in my thread post. I’m certainly concerned with the proposed contract negotiations like everyone else. We all should be!

Uh huh. Sure thing.

MrBates

All caveats aside, you know it’s a pretty good J.O.B when you get over $40 an hour and full benefits (probably the best full family healthcare plan I’ve ever seen). Yes, the work sucks sometimes and we work really REALLY hard. Especially during peak, we work to the bone. We work until our fingers are numb and achy in the morning. Yes it is challenging. In the end, we are paid a lot of money to deliver BOXES to someone’s door step!

I wouldnt say I love my job but I dont hate my job. I like my job because of the degree of autonomy involved. Yes we do get yearly safety rides but the rest of the year its just fill up the package car, hand me the keys and leave me alone.

Not a job for everyone though. You definitely have to be a special type of person to be a long term UPS driver. Some of these kids complain about too many hours, but I think it goes with the territory. Its what we signed up for and what we do.

The only employees who have a right to complain are the older seasoned drivers, just because I think they've paid their dues and they should get reduced hours if requested.

Indecisi0n

First infraction issued