I Love My Job

Zowert

Many people who have completed programs at universities and masters programs don’t even come close to the many benefits awarded to UPS drivers for sucking it up and back to work every single day.

This.. In 3 years I’ll be making more than the majority of my friends who graduated from decent universities. One friend from high school got a Masters from UCLA. He’s in supply chain management, salary at $65,000/year with a 401k his employer matches $ for $. He has to buy his own health insurance though. Has $50k of student loan debt too..

trickpony1

One friend from high school got a Masters from UCLA. He’s in supply chain management, salary at $65,000/year with a 401k his employer matches $ for $. He has to buy his own health insurance though. Has $50k of student loan debt too..

Your friend will be able to walk and tie his shoelaces when he retires.
How many UPS employees can say that?

over9five

Staff member
It's my first year in feeder and I'm looking forward to seeing what my first peak season in feeder is like.
Maximum hours. Learn how to keep track of your hours yourself. Thanksgiving will probably be your last reset of the year, so learn how to roll your hours.

Brohn Bron

Your friend will be able to walk and tie his shoelaces when he retires.
How many UPS employees can say that?

His friend maybe will have a variety of other health issues that are associated with a sedintary lifestyle. What ifs all around. Just because you work at UPS doesn’t mean you won’t be able to walk when you’re older.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
All caveats aside, you know it’s a pretty good J.O.B when you get over $40 an hour and full benefits (probably the best full family healthcare plan I’ve ever seen). Yes, the work sucks sometimes and we work really REALLY hard. Especially during peak, we work to the bone. We work until our fingers are numb and achy in the morning. Yes it is challenging. In the end, we are paid a lot of money to deliver BOXES to someone’s door step!
Wut? Peak is long but the helper does most of the lifting. Easy money.

Driver7906

Maximum hours. Learn how to keep track of your hours yourself. Thanksgiving will probably be your last reset of the year, so learn how to roll your hours.

That all goes without saying. What I'm really looking forward to is not feeling physically beaten down at the end of the month.