I Remember.....

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
...when there used to be life here on the purple side of the Brown Cafe - not intelligent necessarily - but life nevertheless!

What happened? Did everybody go somewhere and not tell me? Did oldfart post nude pictures of himself and get us shut down? Something I said? What happened? It’s like the Twilight Zone. :mellow:

Star B

White Lightening
it's SFA week, everyone's too busy eating food in their breakroom annually and getting their "voluntary" survey scheduled.

dezguy

Frankly, got bored of seeing every thread devolve into stupidity or politics.

Honestly, when was the last time we had a thread stay on topic past the first page before the usual suspects ruined it?

It will be fine

Honestly, when was the last time we had a thread stay on topic past the first page before the usual suspects ruined it?
There probably aren't really any topics that need more than a page of comments, the job is just not that complicated.

dezguy

There probably aren't really any topics that need more than a page of comments, the job is just not that complicated.
There could be more to this section than just "the job".

I used to frequent here for the "shop talk". Now that those types of threads have been replaced with left vs right or "you're miserable", I don't really see the point.

I come back with hopes it'll go back to the way it was but I have my doubts.

Sign___Here

it's SFA week, everyone's too busy eating food in their breakroom annually and getting their "voluntary" survey scheduled.
No food here! Its A joke everyone scoring this manager bad. He needs to go absolutely an idiot. Where do they find these people? lol What at joke of a manger.

vantexan

Well it's the first page and we're already talking about food and the SFA. So what are the topics worthy of staying on topic for? Pay, pension, seniority, benefits, Peak, management, co-workers, vehicles, SFA, competition, routes, others? Last two years were huge in politics, but you're right, should keep it to the Current Events forum. A pet peeve of mine is some come on here sincerely looking for info and are treated like idiots. And it's the mission of at least one poster to disrupt any thread that's critical of the company. Don't know if anyone has joined the Facebook FedEx group but it's all sweetness and light over there. If that's what anyone is looking for there you go. I lasted about two days.

It will be fine

Well it's the first page and we're already talking about food and the SFA. So what are the topics worthy of staying on topic for? Pay, pension, seniority, benefits, Peak, management, co-workers, vehicles, SFA, competition, routes, others? Last two years were huge in politics, but you're right, should keep it to the Current Events forum. A pet peeve of mine is some come on here sincerely looking for info and are treated like idiots. And it's the mission of at least one poster to disrupt any thread that's critical of the company. Don't know if anyone has joined the Facebook FedEx group but it's all sweetness and light over there. If that's what anyone is looking for there you go. I lasted about two days.
Probably hard to be critical of the company with your name and photo displayed on Facebook.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
No food here! Its A joke everyone scoring this manager bad. He needs to go absolutely an idiot. Where do they find these people? lol What at joke of a manger.
A long time ago, a manager with a history of bad SFA scores was out of a job and I think they had one more chance to redeem themselves before they were shown to the door. Nowadays they keep these idiots.

My ex-manager would never post his score since he was in the losers club and was rumored to have an average of 46.

But getting back on track, there's been waaaaaay too much political discussion on here and i refuse to participate with that. I think that stuff needs to go to current events and keep this forum strictly for FedEx discussions.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You can simply say, No. I’m not doing it.
And I did, my last 2 years there.

The meetings to discuss the SFA's really turned into a big joke. The managers would just talk about their selected topics and couriers couldn't get a word in edgewise. In the early 1990's the SFA meetings were at least 90 minutes long if not 2 hours. Over the last 10 years or so, barely a half an hour.

dezguy

And I did, my last 2 years there.

The meetings to discuss the SFA's really turned into a big joke. The managers would just talk about their selected topics and couriers couldn't get a word in edgewise. In the early 1990's the SFA meetings were at least 90 minutes long if not 2 hours. Over the last 10 years or so, barely a half an hour.
I stopped going to the follow up meetings years ago because they are the biggest joke.

When I first started, they brought in a huge spread because you were guaranteed to be there for 2, 21/2 hours. Now they don't even order a couple of pizzas because you're only in there for 15 minutes and they don't even talk about anything other than their score.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I stopped going to the follow up meetings years ago because they are the biggest joke.

When I first started, they brought in a huge spread because you were guaranteed to be there for 2, 21/2 hours. Now they don't even order a couple of pizzas because you're only in there for 15 minutes and they don't even talk about anything other than their score.
We didn’t even have follow up meetings last year.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

OK, Stupid, who did YOU vote for?
JK

I remember having Alzheimers, but nothing after that.:confused2: (on topic!)