I Remember.....

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I stopped going to the follow up meetings years ago because they are the biggest joke.

When I first started, they brought in a huge spread because you were guaranteed to be there for 2, 21/2 hours. Now they don't even order a couple of pizzas because you're only in there for 15 minutes and they don't even talk about anything other than their score.
Fred’s too cheap to buy a couple of pizzas. In his mind that would bankrupt the company.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
What's a "follow-up" meeting?
Oh yeah, that's the thing our manager called a "waste of time"!

He's probably right. Often, no one says anything about the SFA issues. Crickets. But they'll pee and moan until the very end about all sorts of non-SFA crap. For example, a manager scores poorly on [whatever] question every year. It's brought up at the followup meeting and no one says anything. Six months later Jim complains about an SFA issue and says, "You'd think he'd stop doing [whatever] considering how bad we score him for it on the SFA."

How is he supposed to know that [whatever] is perceived poorly when no one ever brings it up during the followup? The "action" part of the SFA is only as good as the "feedback" that precedes it.

Oldfart

He's probably right. Often, no one says anything about the SFA issues. Crickets. But they'll pee and moan until the very end about all sorts of non-SFA crap. For example, a manager scores poorly on [whatever] question every year. It's brought up at the followup meeting and no one says anything. Six months later Jim complains about an SFA issue and says, "You'd think he'd stop doing [whatever] considering how bad we score him for it on the SFA."

How is he supposed to know that [whatever] is perceived poorly when no one ever brings it up during the followup? The "action" part of the SFA is only as good as the "feedback" that precedes it.
Have you been living in fantasyland long?

SFA became obsolete YEARS ago. You get 30 min to discuss about 4 questions IF you even have a feedback session. Most of the concerns you have with a manager are not even of his doing. They don't manage anymore. They are administrators running reports all day. The managers are just doing what they are told from above and most are so burnt out they have lost the desire to try to make a difference because in most cases, they can't. You claim to know more than most on here but this post shows you really don't have a clue. It was best that you did leave the company. You can do less harm that way.

MAKAVELI

Because it's supposed to be Anonymous, numnuts.:happy2:

Cactus

Clueless comment there. I see you're still an undeniable corporate apologist.

Pathetic.

When was the last time couriers were given the chance to voice their concerns during an SFA meeting? It's all designed so they can't.

vantexan

Clueless comment there. I see you're still an undeniable corporate apologist.

Pathetic.

When was the last time couriers were given the chance to voice their concerns during an SFA meeting? It's all designed so they can't.
A mgr I worked for in Florida had hypertension and blew up constantly over nothing. Our SFA meetings would have him glaring at us when we came to a question he did poorly on. It was as if he was daring us to speak up and no one would.

Oldfart

I had a manger get a score in the low 40's 1 time. HR and the SM had to sit in on the feedback meeting. When the question came up about "Proud to work at Fedex" it got a pretty low score. The SM handed everyone in the meeting a pen and some paper and said he wanted a resignation letter from everyone who said they weren't proud to work for the company. HR dude didn't know what to say, so he said nothing. Of course nobody resigned but it was rather funny watching the SM wig out.

Cactus

Have you seen what some post on the 'FedEx Employees' Facebook page? It's amazing some of them don't get fired.
All depends if social media is the Memphis “flavor of the week.” One week it’s van scans, the next week it’s backing accidents, etc.

bacha29

Guys look at it this way. That SM's management style, philosophy and performance is a commodity with a certain value that he can market to the company or other companies for the purpose of personal economic gain and career advancement . What they want from you is your personal endorsement of that commodity. Therefore, your endorsement of that commodity has value and you should be compensated accordingly. The problem is and in keeping with the nature of that company as a whole they want it for free, something for nothing. So the next time around don't forget to bring up the issue of uncompensated product endorsement as a condition of employment. While you may as a condition of employment be required to promote the brand as a whole does that include the personal careers of managers?

Oldfart

Guys look at it this way. That SM's management style, philosophy and performance is a commodity with a certain value that he can market to the company or other companies for the purpose of personal economic gain and career advancement . What they want from you is your personal endorsement of that commodity. Therefore, your endorsement of that commodity has value and you should be compensated accordingly. The problem is and in keeping with the nature of that company as a whole they want it for free, something for nothing. So the next time around don't forget to bring up the issue of uncompensated product endorsement as a condition of employment. While you may as a condition of employment be required to promote the brand as a whole does that include the personal careers of managers?
How bout we NOT look at it that way and just look at it as a job instead of a complicated situation like you suggest.

bacha29

How bout we NOT look at it that way and just look at it as a job instead of a complicated situation like you suggest.
Oh, I get it. I made some less than glorifying comments about that company and it's management and we know how sensitive you are when it comes to such comments. Well then, there's only one thing left to do...... get over it.

Oldfart

Oh, I get it. I made some less than glorifying comments about that company and it's management and we know how sensitive you are when it comes to such comments. Well then, there's only one thing left to do...... get over it.
Nope. You took a.simple explanation and tried to complicate it with your USUAL rhetoric. Kind of like when you lied about your great business dealings with Amazin stock.

bacha29

Nope. You took a.simple explanation and tried to complicate it with your USUAL rhetoric. Kind of like when you lied about your great business dealings with Amazin stock.
I have never once owned a share of "Amazin" stock. In fact I can't find it listed anywhere on any exchange. It is it an OTC stock?