I took the tour. Called HR to set up interview. They did not answer or call back.

Box Ox

I am naturally fast. I just need to work on my endurance.

Think preloaders tend to see small women and think "Oh great, another one who's gonna need a spot in small sort". Or, "Can't wait to have to help her pull anything over 50 pounds". If you're 110-20 pounds (or have b*tch legs like @D. Randall Blythe), you're just not gonna have an easy time keeping up with really heavy/heavy-weight flows. It's not a knock against small people at all. It's just a physical reality. I'd rather be small and pretty than an ugly box ox, myself.

Think preloaders tend to see small women and think "Oh great, another one who's gonna need a spot in small sort". Or, "Can't wait to have to help her pull anything over 50 pounds". If you're 110-20 pounds (or have b*tch legs like @D. Randall Blythe), you're just not gonna have an easy time keeping up with really heavy/heavy-weight flows. It's not a knock against small people at all. It's just a physical reality. I'd rather be small and pretty than an ugly box ox, myself.
Hah. I am actually sturdy. You should see my legs. They are built like tree trunks. I've never been described as small or petite. Not overweight just not tiny. I am not worried about the physical aspect too much. Just fitting in and wanting to gain respect or something.

Box Ox

Hah. I am actually sturdy. You should see my legs. They are built like tree trunks. I've never been described as small or petite. Not overweight just not tiny. I am not worried about the physical aspect too much. Just fitting in and wanting to gain respect or something.

Sounds good to me. @D. Randall Blythe tried to make it but his legs weren't nearly as strong as yours.

If they never call you back, go out and have a few drinks to celebrate your good fortune. It's not worth the money inside.

I really hope they call me back. I am doing this for my future such as benefits and such. I'll wait a day or so more before calling back. It is worth it to have this job. Even if I am worked like cattle for several months then I think it will be worth it.

Peppermint Patty

Cardboard Pusher
You will get worked worse than cattle for many years for way less pay then you can imagine. Think it over before you get to excited about this place. The juice is never worth the squeeze with HR.

You will get worked worse than cattle for many years for way less pay then you can imagine. Think it over before you get to excited about this place. The juice is never worth the squeeze with HR.

I am not using this job as a stepping stone to further myself in UPS. I am using this as a stepping stone to further myself in other areas in my life. UPS is just supplementary support. I feel like most people are telling me not to work for UPS. If I get hired and end up not doing well then I'll quit or just get fired.

RuthlessSupSlayer

I want to get straight to the point. My name is self-explanatory. The supervisor giving the tour was giving small, "casual" hints noting the condition of the job. They basically told me that this job most likely isn't for me, in a very nice way. It didn't phase me. I called HR to set up interview. They did not respond. I left message with my info. They did not call back. Tell me this is normal. This position is for package handler.***

Let me get straight to the point...you didnt get the job

By the way i thought you were a pimp just saying

Last edited:

Box Ox

I am not using this job as a stepping stone to further myself in UPS. I am using this as a stepping stone to further myself in other areas in my life. UPS is just supplementary support. I feel like most people are telling me not to work for UPS. If I get hired and end up not doing well then I'll quit or just get fired.

Best thing you can do is start in preload or local sort and eventually become a weekday AM or PM part time air driver. Pulls you out of your inside sort and is the easiest UPS work you can do short of feeder driving.

AM gives you more hours but has a little more stress involved trying to make NDA delivery commits. PM, at least for me, was just drop boxes, PM pickups, UPS Store sweeps and the occasional run to a hub or airport to drop everything off. Do one of those while keeping your primary gig and you'll be set into old age if the current business model holds.

Best thing you can do is start in preload or local sort and eventually become a weekday AM or PM part time air

AM gives you more hours but has a little more stress involved trying to make NDA delivery commits.

Planning on AM. I don't want to get easy work just because they think that is what I am able to handle. I am fine doing what I am assigned. They shouldn't put my being a woman into consideration.

RuthlessSupSlayer

Ok. Well I will wait and see if that's the case. You seem confident in your answer lol. Oh, and thanks for telling me about what you thought of my name, because I care.

I could be wrong but i think thats how you have to look at it because if they call you then its a positive if they dont then oh well put in anothrr application Friday!!

I at least feel better since i expressed my thoughts on your name!!

I could be wrong but i think thats how you have to look at it because if they call you then its a positive if they dont then oh well put in anothrr application Friday!!

I at least feel better since i expressed my thoughts on your name!!

Lol. Yeah. I didn't realize all the interpretations of Ladypusher. From drug dealers to pimps. I just meant a lady that pushes. As in pushes boxes in work and pushes babies out in life. I don't think i got the job. :)

Box Ox

Planning on AM. I don't want to get easy work just because they think that is what I am able to handle. I am fine doing what I am assigned. They shouldn't put my being a woman into consideration.

Good! You'll only be able to get it when you've gained the seniority to win a bid for it anyway.

Don't worry about when you'll receive a call. We're all just numbers. When the meat machine pulls yours, you'll get one. If your online application hasn't been closed out from the Company's end, I can't imagine them not calling you up for Peak at some point.

Good! You'll only be able to get it when you've gained the seniority to win a bid for it anyway.

Don't worry about when you'll receive a call. We're all just numbers. When the meat machine pulls yours, you'll get one. If your online application hasn't been closed out from the Company's end, I can't imagine them not calling you up for Peak at some point.
Ok. Thanks. That's reassuring. I will wait until they call me. Until then I guess I can look at other supplementary jobs

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
images-21.jpg
It's normal, and how exactly is your name self explanatory?
Pimp you fool. His ho's must be on workman's comp or something?

Over disciplined0123

I want to get straight to the point. My name is self-explanatory. The supervisor giving the tour was giving small, "casual" hints noting the condition of the job. They basically told me that this job most likely isn't for me, in a very nice way. It didn't phase me. I called HR to set up interview. They did not respond. I left message with my info. They did not call back. Tell me this is normal. This position is for package handler.***
Job isn’t for you