I totally would not cross a picket line.

542thruNthru

llmZp6fCVb4ju.gif

I could use a few months off anyway body is beat to hell. Got a good chunk saved I’ll be fine, so it’s a negative for me.
A lot of people want to walk just because they don't like this place. If you gonna walk it's gotta be for a good reason and many of the junior employees may not have a job to come back to.

Smashmouth

I wonder how many would?

It's different times my friend

We had four guys in ‘97 cross. That was the day they were excommunicated from any type of social functions involving coworkers. Mostly we had supervisors attempting to work, but somehow 5th wheel pins got pulled on trailers and supervisors pulled out and dropped trailers on the ground because the legs were up. A coke delivery guy was offered to buy all his cokes for the picket line, but he turned us down and decided to cross, somehow his Freightliner hand cart went sideways with about 30 cases of soda on it....but yes differnt times now....the millenials dont seem too loyal to much of anything, would be interesting to see what would happen.

We had four guys in ‘97 cross. That was the day they were excommunicated from any type of social functions involving coworkers. Mostly we had supervisors attempting to work, but somehow 5th wheel pins got pulled on trailers and supervisors pulled out and dropped trailers on the ground because the legs were up. A coke delivery guy was offered to buy all his cokes for the picket line, but he turned us down and decided to cross, somehow his Freightliner hand cart went sideways with about 30 cases of soda on it....but yes differnt times now....the millenials dont seem too loyal to much of anything, would be interesting to see what would happen.
Nobody crossed here but we did have a lot of other support from other Teamsters.

Smashmouth

Well, I’m in Florida, not exactly a hotbed for union activity, especially back then.(it has gotten better) We did have a bunch of retirees that had moved down from up north that supported us, fed us, walked the line with us. They ended up shuttering our building, removing all the signs, the gas pumps, and for two weeks after the stike ended, we were running out of another center 40 miles away.

Well, I’m in Florida, not exactly a hotbed for union activity, especially back then.(it has gotten better) We did have a bunch of retirees that had moved down from up north that supported us, fed us, walked the line with us. They ended up shuttering our building, removing all the signs, the gas pumps, and for two weeks after the stike ended, we were running out of another center 40 miles away.
Damn

Smashmouth

I still remember the first day...we all walked out, the preloaders walked off the job and our center manager came outside with a video camera and was filming us as he walked up to the group. He says “ If you all dont come back inside RIGHT NOW youre all FIRED!”.....there was a moment of complete silence, and then everyone in unison...BAHAHAHAHAHA!....It was on!!

JustDeliverIt

I never would. A lot of drivers in my building I don't think would, even the young ones. Everyone gets treated like crap so there is really no incentive to cross unless your living way beyond your means and can't live without the paycheck.