I totally would not cross a picket line.

542thruNthru

It's some of the 20-25year guys that worry me. Kids, mortgage, child support, kids college and all that other over spending because they feel secure because of seniority.

All I keep hearing from them is "I" can't afford to strike. How "we" need to take the contract because we are still getting raises.

Mooseknuckle

I still remember the first day...we all walked out, the preloaders walked off the job and our center manager came outside with a video camera and was filming us as he walked up to the group. He says “ If you all dont come back inside RIGHT NOW youre all FIRED!”.....there was a moment of complete silence, and then everyone in unison...BAHAHAHAHAHA!....It was on!!
Any of them actually get fired?

Smashmouth

Any of them actually get fired?

No, none of us got fired, it was just a show to try to scare us to go back to work. The Coke guy whos handcart full of sodas got tipped over by on of our picketers when he crossed the picket line..well, he happened to do it while the local news was filming a story. So he came close to losing his job. BA made him publicly apologize and was none too happy the had it on film.

Smashmouth

They are willing to get a lower top rate quicker than waiting a little longer to get a higher top rate.

Yep, I've seen millenials walk right off the preload and quit just because. If they have to go work at MCDs instead they will, they just dont seem to value a job as importantly. Its no big deal to them.

Tony Q

I wonder how many would?

It's different times my friend
I would bet a lot of people would cross right away. Others would cross in two days and by the first week you would understand how weak the membership is. After this happens the we are done.

I remember that we had very few who crossed in 1997. I don’t see that happening now a days.

I would bet a lot of people would cross right away. Others would cross in two days and by the first week you would understand how weak the membership is. After this happens the we are done.

I remember that we had very few who crossed in 1997. I don’t see that happening now a days.
We had none in 97.
Can't guarantee what would happen today.