I went out with over 300 stops.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Guy on the route next to me in my loop went out with 722 packages. And they ain't envelopes. The massive irreg pile looked like an episode of Storage Wars. Here's what management looked like:

businessman-has-problem-delivery-storage-pensive-standing-near-huge-pile-cardboard-boxes-thinking-how-to-deliver-64901395.jpg
Did he pull a TP60 around all day?

FromOffTheStreets

Last 2 years I had a 280-320 stop route. Only about 40 businesses on it.

It was a nightmare until I got a trailer to pull out with about 1/3 of my stops on it. Drop it & deliver, then refill. It wasn't too bad when I had a good helper.

This year was nice with the extra routes in. Had about 190 with a couple hours of rurals.

35years

Gravy route
They sent a newbie out with over 350 stops.
He had 50 done by 7:30 p.m.
Some guys learn quicker than others.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Actually a lot of crazy heavy routes today.. I mean 300 on a full route, not a condensed peak route. I was lubed up for the ensuing misery. Yeah I needed help but friend it. I survived and now it's time to have a great weekend.

It takes a crazy sob to do this job. Every driver here is badass in my book. Especially the old timers that have the game down to a tee. It cracks me up seeing the survival that is ups.
Put on what you want, doesn't mean it all gets done.

Maplewood

You could have put in for an 8 hour day. You should at least opt in if its you 3rd 9.5 this week. Triple time if you are already on the list. You will learn one day. NEVER get 300 done, not even 200. You do not want to become the "goto guy." The only reward from UPS is even more work the next day.

AZUPSCHUCK

I had 250 stops with business and apartments. When I got back at 930 there were only 5 other trucks in our pen. Guys were still out there with 70+ stops left!