I went out with over 300 stops.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
I had surprisingly heavy day Fri but I got it done. My On Road asked me if I need help. I told him if you see me in a fight with a bear. Help the dang bear.

dudebro

We got a mass text at 1800 asking if we wanted to help the hub next to us when we were done. I still had 70 stops left at that point. We were sending our own drivers to help each other to keep us near 12 hours and they asked us to help another hub....seriously?!

That's so we can do whatever to run that hub and not pay grievances. "We offered the bargaining unit work to all Teamsters within a reasonable distance". No one expected a driver to actually take it.

excuse me
xUNd9KyYGAILrRYAvu.gif

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Still have my Helper, his seat spring broke yesterday from so much use. I'll have him for at least another week. Yesterday was very heavy, my area was cut down even more than before Christmas, we still have split cars in. I got to go old school yesterday. My charging system was acting up and we were out of cars. Supervisor and mechanic both told me to not shut it off. I even put a bungee cord on my bulkhead door to keep it open. Just like the old days....

Dough99

View attachment 229595
Actually a lot of crazy heavy routes today.. I mean 300 on a full route, not a condensed peak route. I was lubed up for the ensuing misery. Yeah I needed help but friend it. I survived and now it's time to have a great weekend.

It takes a crazy sob to do this job. Every driver here is badass in my book. Especially the old timers that have the game down to a tee. It cracks me up seeing the survival that is ups.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Thank you, and well said. 300 stops?? Pounded you because they know you are soft and will get it done. Just another guy enabling management to do what they do.
If you just did perhaps 2 simple things right such as parking your truck properly and taking designated walk paths you'd trim off 100 stops EASILY.
You forgot ,,” taking lunch “

Heavy Package

Also had near 300 stops Friday. 14 late next day airs. 3 late savers. 4 missed businesses. All drivers in my loop had to break to go meet up at a shuttle point. I laughed out loud hysterically as I delivered my last next day air at 7:30 pm. Management really messed up today.

WTF happened across the country? We didn't leave until almost 10am, entire fleet of trucks used, nothing to spare. People having almost 100 stops left at 7pm, and a 10-hr dispatch by myself only to have to go help someone. Air service, etc just as people have said - completely out the window. At least I had enough gas, but the needle was bouncing around like an Asian ping pong match.