IBTs Economic Proposals Leaked!

It just seems pointless for them to join a pension like the western that starts you out at a $0 benefit and only increases over time as your hourly contributions accumulate.

It would be like starting over from scratch
Sure, just like anything, you start at $0. But you still have what you earned elsewhere. What pension starts you above $0? Maybe ups pays a fee for older participants. To eliminate the 5 year vesting.

brown_trousers

Sure, just like anything, you start at $0. But you still have what you earned elsewhere. What pension starts you above $0? Maybe ups pays a fee for older participants. To eliminate the 5 year vesting.
But if everyone stopped contributing to the central states plan, and moved their contributions to a different plan. The central states plan would collapse even faster and be worth nothing. Then you would be starting over your retirement with nothing

brown_trousers

I heard some plans calculate benefits based on how many years you have work at UPS, vs calculating that benefit on how much money you have contributed into the plan like the west does

But if everyone stopped contributing to the central states plan, and moved their contributions to a different plan. The central states plan would collapse even faster and be worth nothing. Then you would be starting over your retirement with nothing
Ups is no longer contributing to the plan anyway.

Shift

My point is, ups is paying $31+ an hour to part timers. But they only see $12 an hour, so they quit for a $15 an hour job.
They only pay $10 starting at my hub so they probably pay out $23hr- $25 for a pt employee on average with benefits, pension and insurance so. All while another employee doing literally the same work or less is making $29.60 adding pension, benefits and insurance there making $42 hr

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
They only pay $10 starting at my hub so they probably pay out $23hr- $25 for a pt employee on average with benefits, pension and insurance so. All while another employee doing literally the same work or less is making $29.60 adding pension, benefits and insurance there making $42 hr
I recommend going full time

brown_trousers

I believe the current contract shows part times wages topping out the same as full time driver wages

Shift

I believe the current contract shows part times wages topping out the same as full time driver wages
Part timers don' have a true top out wage because all we get is GWI. Full time gets GWINN plus a 4yr progression to top pay. I wouldn't have any complaints if they would start pt at the same starting rate as a ft and in 4 years bumped them up to the $29.60 ft inside top pay or what ever top pay may be at the giving time.

PT Car Washer

Part timers don' have a true top out wage because all we get is GWI. Full time gets GWINN plus a 4yr progression to top pay. I wouldn't have any complaints if they would start pt at the same starting rate as a ft and in 4 years bumped them up to the $29.60 ft inside top pay or what ever top pay may be at the giving time.
There is a top PT pay rate and it is $35.65/hr for sort qualified and $34.60/hr for unskilled jobs.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
$20 would be a heck of pt "top rate"

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Been trying that for years lol packages in our building have been taking people left and right for a few years now but not everyone wants to go that route. I personally would rather feeders or 22.3
Lol so would 90% of the guys who have put their time in as drivers and they deserve those jobs first.