IBTs Economic Proposals Leaked!

F

Frankie's Friend

Amazon is most of the heavy bulky bs I deliver anymore. Not like it's all letters.
Dog food, etc. Yeah, that's about 10-20% of what the Amazon volume is in my route.

It's easier to remember the heavy junk vs the bags. Most of my route is residential. I see very little heavy Amazon volume.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dog food, etc. Yeah, that's about 10-20% of what the Amazon volume is in my route.

It's easier to remember the heavy junk vs the bags. Most of my route is residential. I see very little heavy Amazon volume.
Swimming pools, trampolines, air conditioners....oh my.

BigBrown1234

Part Timers should make more than full timers.

We should start at $25 an hour and have a four year progression topping out at a dollar an hour more than package. (Including bennies)

Inside work is a lot harder than package and definitely ten times harder than feeder and a million times harder than clerk and a trillion times harder than car- wash.

I have verified this opinion by asking everybody I work with in those positions if for similar full time pay $36 an hour would they rather unload/load trucks for 10 hours.

I have not met one person that disagrees with me that unloading/loading trucks is the hardest/worst job. And nobody wants to do these type of inside jobs ever again lol

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

We should start at $25 an hour and have a four year progression topping out at a dollar an hour more than package. (Including bennies)

Inside work is a lot harder than package and definitely ten times harder than feeder and a million times harder than clerk and a trillion times harder than car- wash.

I have verified this opinion by asking everybody I work with in those positions if for similar full time pay $36 an hour would they rather unload/load trucks for 10 hours.

I have not met one person that disagrees with me that unloading/loading trucks is the hardest/worst job. And nobody wants to do these type of inside jobs ever again lol

You start at the bottom, you do the :censored2:tier work, you get the :censored2:tier pay.
In 30 years, you get the best pay and the easier work.
The formula's pretty FN simple.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

I give you this, at least you are thinking big. I have worked in every area that you listed and will let you on a little secret; the work environment will never change no matter what job you are doing at UPS.

Disagree about the hardest job, just try the preload. Anybody who has been working that shift for over 5 years are basically sleep deprived zombies.

You are right about nobody wanting to start employment with the current pay structure, why would anybody want to do a physically demanding part time job with a full time commitment. HR is basically dragging the bottom of the barrel for any new hire to cover the turnover. Guess the old adage of "you get what you paid for" applies.

People needn't worry about replacement workers if a strike does occur. Currently they are besides themselves just to cover the manning in all operations, the economy is just too good for anybody to take a risk of crossing a picket line and all that it would apply. The ones who might could cause major liability to the companies' assets and property.

Anybody who participated in the "97" one will tell you that it will be a total shut-down. There will be no movement of packages domestically and internationally. The pilots were walking our picket line last time, this time it would be every major union with us with a bone to pick.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Been trying that for years lol packages in our building have been taking people left and right for a few years now but not everyone wants to go that route. I personally would rather feeders or 22.3
Just go full time. To think you’ll walk into either option is limited thinking.

F

Frankie's Friend

Bump the starting rate to $15/hr with a top out of $20/hr.
Great advice from a parasite that never worked up thru the part time progression himself.
20180429_095044.jpg

Maybe some part timer will have a one sided talk with you on your last work day and give you a attitude adjustment in the parking lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Great advice from a parasite that never worked up thru the part time progression himself.

One thing I've always noticed, is off the street hires into pkg or feeders

have an attitude, or feelings of equality, with management. Like they're friends.

Earning your way (through the ranks) gives you a different perspective.

You see what the company is really capable of, and develop a thick skin.

Q: Do you know the difference between a brown nose and a kiss arse ?

A: Depth perception....

-Bug-

F

Frankie's Friend

One thing I've always noticed, is off the street hires into pkg or feeders

have an attitude, or feelings of equality, with management. Like their friends.

Earning your way (through the ranks) gives you a different perspective.

You see what the company is really capable of, and develop a thick skin.

Q: Do you know the difference between a brown nose and a kiss arse ?

A: Depth perception....

-Bug-
Pain is a great rehabilitation tool. For some it's a wake up call.
He talks tough on the internet. In real life? Not so much...
He's a loud mouth hasbeen.
Too had he didn't work in a hub.
Some one would have adjusted his cocky attitude a long time ago.