If supervisor tells you to work though break (10min) do you have too?

Coldfeer234

part time loader here and we have supervisors who want to make you run through break when it's heavy. i told him I was going ot take my break and he threatened me with the "not following supervisor orders" or the "sabotage" line.

do I have to work through break or is that optional?

PT Car Washer

part time loader here and we have supervisors who want to make you run through break when it's heavy. i told him I was going ot take my break and he threatened me with the "not following supervisor orders" or the "sabotage" line.

do I have to work through break or is that optional?
First you must work as directed. Second thing you do is either talk to your steward or BA and let them settle it. If your building has a contract negotiated PT break then you are entitled to one regardless of how backed up your belt is.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
You have to work through break but they still have to give you a break. Typically when the other employees get back they will give you a break

Ya Dad

Gimme me more characters so that I finish this se
That's funny, we just had to work through break today. The way it works at our hub is, Part-Timers are entitled to a 10 minute break. It's kind of a grey area on whether or not they can make you work through break (depends on what steward you talk to), but they HAVE to give you a 10 minute break.

Follow PT Car Washer's advice, because no matter what UPS you work at, ALWAYS work as directed.
Do as you are told, grieve later.

browntroll

when i started everybody took a break between 2nd and 3rd hour but then they decided to switch to a replacement
system, so one person took a break while others kept working. now everyone takes their break at the end of the shift.
no matter you should be guaranteed a break, now if they tell you to work while you are on break then do so since your are
still on the clock/company time, but ask if you can restart your break after.