If Ups cuts 4 year progression for ft rcpd how would you vote?

WTFm8

They want them?

I mean we can't find anyone to be a RPCD (dumbest acronym ever) here why would they want 22.4?

This. Last few drivers here have been street hires (me included). Only 2 (1 recent qualified and 1 in 30 day) started as AM sort. PT people see the dispatch load and treatment and don't want to drive becauae of it.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Just curious if any one knows how many people are still in there 4 year progression as a rcpd? Maybe 30k or more?

What if, and I mean a big what if; ups said all current ft rcpd in progression is now top rate.. do you think with that change this current contract would pass??

You do realize that under this proposal, drivers currently in progression would be the first group in decades to get a better deal than the drivers who just made it through progression. They've been extending the progression each contract since I started, this is the first time they haven't extended it. On top of that the pay rates at each step in progression are a lot better than under the last contract. How much more do you think you deserve?

Oceanview

You do realize that under this proposal, drivers currently in progression would be the first group in decades to get a better deal than the drivers who just made it through progression. They've been extending the progression each contract since I started, this is the first time they haven't extended it. On top of that the pay rates at each step in progression are a lot better than under the last contract. How much more do you think you deserve?

I don’t care about progression(that much)I was just asking a what if.. and you must be blind because progression is the same % as it was for the last contract it just looks higher but in reality $20 from $41 dollars is still a little less than 50% of top rate and the pay rates are not better they are the same due to inflation.. I’ve only been a teamsters a year and feel like I kno more than you. Progression used to be 30 days then 60 then 1 year then 2 years then 3 years now 4..

I think any teamsters should be upset this was allowed to happen. But who cares cuz you all got yours right?? You all are sell outs even the ones on here spewing the vote no’s they are sell outs too.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I don’t care about progression(that much)I was just asking a what if.. and you must be blind because progression is the same % as it was for the last contract it just looks higher but in reality $20 from $41 dollars is still a little less than 50% of top rate and the pay rates are not better they are the same due to inflation.. I’ve only been a teamsters a year and feel like I kno more than you. Progression used to be 30 days then 60 then 1 year then 2 years then 3 years now 4..

I think any teamsters should be upset this was allowed to happen. But who cares cuz you all got yours right?? You all are sell outs even the ones on here spewing the vote no’s they are sell outs too.

You're new, so I'll take it easy on you. In the future, don't try to school your betters unless the facts are actually on your side. Think before you post.

I was comparing progression under the old contract vs the new proposal. If you eliminate progression without some sort of compensation for drivers hired within the last decade, the newest crop of drivers would be in a position to earn 50k -100k more during their career than drivers hired under a 2 year or higher progression. As is, if you compare a new driver under the new proposal vs a driver who made it through the full progression under the old contract, the new drivers will be ahead 20k -35k, adjusted for inflation.

First year progression under the old contract vs the new proposal $18.75/$21.00 (not 20) - $2.25 more.

Second: 19.50/23.00 - $3.50 more.

Third: 21/24 - $3 more

Fourth: 25/28.75 - 3.75 more

The $41 top rate won't happen for 5 years, so there's that.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Just curious if any one knows how many people are still in there 4 year progression as a rcpd? Maybe 30k or more?

What if, and I mean a big what if; ups said all current ft rcpd in progression is now top rate.. do you think with that change this current contract would pass??

So you think that over 10% of all union UPS employees are drivers in progression? Sounds a bit high to me. If your numbers were anywhere close to realistic, ending progression would cost between $1-3 Billion over the contract. If there was that much money in play, they would not even be considering giving 30,000 employees all of it.