If you’re paying anyone less than 15 an hour

Justaloader

Holy Crap, that's a lot of $$$ just for insurance... How messed up are you?

I haven't seen a real doctor for years... just a DOT card & eyeglasses every 2 years

Lol actually my family is in perfect health. Insurance here is expensive (I pay just shy of 500 every two weeks for coverage for my daughter and myself...and that's the "bronze" plan my company offers, which is the cheapest one. My wife pays just shy of 400 for coverage for her and my newborn son).

Zowert

Not always about the hourly wage. As mentioned before the benefits are sweet. The pension UPS offers (for FT) is better than any government pension, unless you include politicians. Congressmen and Senators at the state and federal level have it pretty good.

Anyway, the majority of your peers will have nothing but social security to fall back on when they’re too old to work. Some may have a 401k to draw from but when that dries up their lifestyle is going to change dramatically.

Not always about the hourly wage. As mentioned before the benefits are sweet. The pension UPS offers (for FT) is better than any government pension, unless you include politicians. Congressmen and Senators at the state and federal level have it pretty good.

Anyway, the majority of your peers will have nothing but social security to fall back on when they’re too old to work. Some may have a 401k to draw from but when that dries up their lifestyle is going to change dramatically.
Then you wouldn't mind taking a wage cut?

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
That’s what the plus sign was for ;)

I am curious though do you know how much H&W is? Was trying to compare our compensation to local lineman union.

This is from one of the ups rising updates for the 2018 contract.

*The average UPS contribution for Part-Time Health & Welfare and Pension is $22.80 per hour. Full family
medical coverage and a defined benefit pension is unheard of in Part-Time employment.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
Lol actually my family is in perfect health. Insurance here is expensive (I pay just shy of 500 every two weeks for coverage for my daughter and myself...and that's the "bronze" plan my company offers, which is the cheapest one. My wife pays just shy of 400 for coverage for her and my newborn son).

To cover my family at my day job would cost 900 month for a plan with a 2000 deductible per person before the plan pays for anything besides wellness visits and 30 dollar office copay.

Justaloader

To cover my family at my day job would cost 900 month for a plan with a 2000 deductible per person before the plan pays for anything besides wellness visits and 30 dollar office copay.

I hear that. My deductible is 2500 (family), and even then only 80 percent of bills are covered. Once I hit 5 grand (again, family), then all bills are covered.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
expect horrible quality and turnover. It’s 2020.

When you pay your employees less than 15, you are not paying them a living wage.

Treat people with some respect and maybe you’ll get some in return
tenor-1.gif

This is from one of the ups rising updates for the 2018 contract.

*The average UPS contribution for Part-Time Health & Welfare and Pension is $22.80 per hour. Full family
medical coverage and a defined benefit pension is unheard of in Part-Time employment.
Using PT labor in a Union represented company is unheard of.