Illegal Anti-Union Meetings

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I actually like my job. I don't like the way FedEx regards me (disposable at any time) or pays me. Federal Express was a great place to work..FedEx is not. If Smith had stayed true to the original premise (and promise)of Federal Express, there wouldn't be any issues with a union right now. Unfortunately, Fred took the low road and has continued to seek lower roads with each passing year.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Even the early days of FredEx weren't so bad, it's just gone downhill since the BrownOut. It was nice to get some feedback that involved how WELL you're doing. Now when a manager tells you thank you for doing such a great job and for dealing with all of their hemmin-an-hawin', you wait for the other shoe to drop...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I guess then you would have to put most of us in check as well! (Whatever that means) Totally fustrated with MrFedEx - he has always posted negative things about FedEx. There has never once been a post from him stating he's ok with his job! He should try looking at FedEx from the outside in. He must say negatives things about his own shadow - please get real. Sooooo unhappy, get another job in this economy!!!!!

Just put on a happy face and take it in the rear? No, thank you. The more I read your posts I wonder if you and FedEx4Life are related. You certainly possess the same awesome powers of reasoning and logic.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, FedEx doesn't have the best interests of it's people in mind? And that perhaps some of those people don't like that and would like to see some changes? What if FedEx suddenly canned your husband without cause...would that make you feel differently? What if they put so much pressure on him to perform that he had a nervous breakdown and had to downgrade to courier? It's happened. In general, managers don't last that long at FedEx. And please don't attack me for mentioning your VIP manager "husband". After all, that is your only legitimate connection to FedEx because you are not an employee and would never understand the perspective of an hourly. Your warped views come from him, not from your own experiences at FedEx..because you have none.

I always have difficulty believing that some people can be so utterly clueless and then argue themselves into a corner with circular logic or outright fabrications (lies). No matter what Smith and FedEx do, you'll defend those actions. No thinking it through, no consideration of ulterior motives or political or financial gain at the expense of the average hourly employee. Yet you do it over and over again...simply amazing.

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
"significant job loss could occur in Colorado"
How is that threatening jobs?If Fedex were to go union,how could they afford to pay everyone $30 an hour?They would most definitely have to lay off.Its not a threat,its a fact of life.I can tell you're not the brightest.

Once the law was changed, the evil teamsters would still have to mount a campaign for a union. Which is non-trivial even under the NLRA. Then, if a union were in fact certified, which is not guaranteed, a contract would have to be negotiated. FedEx would have to be the stupidest company in the world to negotiate a contract that would not allow them to stay in business. A union can ask for the moon, but there is nothing that says the company has to give it to them!

FedEx All the Way!

Just put on a happy face and take it in the rear? No, thank you. The more I read your posts I wonder if you and FedEx4Life are related. You certainly possess the same awesome powers of reasoning and logic.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, FedEx doesn't have the best interests of it's people in mind? And that perhaps some of those people don't like that and would like to see some changes? What if FedEx suddenly canned your husband without cause...would that make you feel differently? What if they put so much pressure on him to perform that he had a nervous breakdown and had to downgrade to courier? It's happened. In general, managers don't last that long at FedEx. And please don't attack me for mentioning your VIP manager "husband". After all, that is your only legitimate connection to FedEx because you are not an employee and would never understand the perspective of an hourly. Your warped views come from him, not from your own experiences at FedEx..because you have none.

I always have difficulty believing that some people can be so utterly clueless and then argue themselves into a corner with circular logic or outright fabrications (lies). No matter what Smith and FedEx do, you'll defend those actions. No thinking it through, no consideration of ulterior motives or political or financial gain at the expense of the average hourly employee. Yet you do it over and over again...simply amazing.

First of all, it does not come from my husband's mouth. The words I express come from me - seeing how hard my husband has worked and still is - I think I'm capable of speaking for myself. It is just hard to comprehend how someone can be so naive about life - have you seen the world around you lately? I'll explain it to you - people loosing their jobs, businesses going bankrupt, home foreclosures just to name a few, and you're complaining about FedEx taking some things away from you in this economy. Whine, Whine, Whine - that's all you do - get real.

By the way, I have absolutely no relation to FedEx4Life, but I do agree with him.
Later,

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
First of all, it does not come from my husband's mouth. The words I express come from me - seeing how hard my husband has worked and still is - I think I'm capable of speaking for myself. It is just hard to comprehend how someone can be so naive about life - have you seen the world around you lately? I'll explain it to you - people loosing their jobs, businesses going bankrupt, home foreclosures just to name a few, and you're complaining about FedEx taking some things away from you in this economy. Whine, Whine, Whine - that's all you do - get real.

By the way, I have absolutely no relation to FedEx4Life, but I do agree with him.
Later,

Another stunning defeat. How do you do it?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think she is telling everyone to be afraid again. :funny:

Yes..be afraid. Actually, her posts are almost always pretty much the same thing...over and over. While I'm certainly thankful I have a job, she entirely misses the point that the vast majority of takeaways happened when profits and growth were at record levels. In other words, Fred didn't have to screw us, but he did anyway to pad his pockets.

bbsam

Staff member
Yes..be afraid. Actually, her posts are almost always pretty much the same thing...over and over. While I'm certainly thankful I have a job, she entirely misses the point that the vast majority of takeaways happened when profits and growth were at record levels. In other words, Fred didn't have to screw us, but he did anyway to pad his pockets.
And you believe you have a chance at getting it back now that profits are nowhere to be found (except at ground who's business model you abhor)?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And you believe you have a chance at getting it back now that profits are nowhere to be found (except at ground who's business model you abhor)?

You're making the very large assumption that Ground can continue to exist in it's present form. Profits will return when the recession ends. Any contract reached would obviously take that fact into mind. One of the reasons that profits are nowhere to be found is overpaid top executives and too many MEM middle managers and engineers who spend their days trying to extract more blood from a workforce that has been bled dry.

bbsam

Staff member
You're making the very large assumption that Ground can continue to exist in it's present form. Profits will return when the recession ends. Any contract reached would obviously take that fact into mind. One of the reasons that profits are nowhere to be found is overpaid top executives and too many MEM middle managers and engineers who spend their days trying to extract more blood from a workforce that has been bled dry.
Actually I am assuming (no, betting) that the model will continue to evolve with more and more responsibility and profit going to the contractor. And if this workforce has been bled dry, bring in the fresh meat.:wink2:

FedEx courier

Strange because FedEx beat it's predicted profit margins and FedEx says "FedEx credited its better-than-expected first-quarter results primarily to international-priority shipping services, which include shipments between foreign countries as well as U.S. shipments outbound for foreign countries."

We are always told that Ground is tanking and is just in place to try and take business away from UPS. I guess the tell the Ground guys the same thing about Express?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Actually I am assuming (no, betting) that the model will continue to evolve with more and more responsibility and profit going to the contractor. And if this workforce has been bled dry, bring in the fresh meat.:wink2:

A true mercenary....Fred would love you.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And you guessed, FedEx threatens more jobs!?

Maury Lane...Fred's oracle of lies. What a little pimp this clown is. Isn't it illegal to threaten jobs like this? The answer would be YES. Any attorney's out there? Or how about some Teamster officials with the cajones to press the issue.

bbsam

Staff member
Strange because FedEx beat it's predicted profit margins and FedEx says "FedEx credited its better-than-expected first-quarter results primarily to international-priority shipping services, which include shipments between foreign countries as well as U.S. shipments outbound for foreign countries."

We are always told that Ground is tanking and is just in place to try and take business away from UPS. I guess the tell the Ground guys the same thing about Express?
They tell you ground is tanking? That is the first time I have ever heard that one. Are you making it up? If it was tanking, wouldn't Fred just want to sell it off or get rid of the IC model? MrFedEX, can you confirm what FedEx courier is saying here? Anyone? I think you made that up.

FedEX 4 Life

They tell you ground is tanking? That is the first time I have ever heard that one. Are you making it up? If it was tanking, wouldn't Fred just want to sell it off or get rid of the IC model? MrFedEX, can you confirm what FedEx courier is saying here? Anyone? I think you made that up.
ROFL.All i ever hear is that Ground is whats keeping Fedex afloat,not tanking but this is typical made up BS from a disgruntled pathetic poster who has nothing better to do then just make up stuff.Again and again Mr Fraggex likes to pretend hes a behind the scenes guy at Fedex who has a vast knowledge of whats going on behind closed doors with Fred S and and the Vps meanwhile hes nothing more than a courier.I'm getting sick of his moronic posts like this and in the off topic talking about 9/11 was an inside job blah blah.Hes really starting to sound quite childish.

At this point I want Fedex to stay non-union just so Mr Fedex stays miserable. :happy2:

FedEx courier

I'm actually the one that said it. Wow FedX4life is back? What would be the motive in me making that up. We've been told that Ground and Kinko's(now FedEx Office) were tanking. You know the usual, the company is in trouble, even though these other "branches" aren't technically part of "the company". This has usually been an excuse to try and insinuate a raise in production. I've also heard that "Ground is saving our ass right now". The fact is there isn't ever clear information as to what branch of the company is totally doing great and which ones aren't. In the article I linked a few posts back FedEx claims that the international segment was responsible for the increase in expected profit. That would be Express and not Ground. So if you read that article it will become crystal clear that FedEx is claiming their higher than anticipated profits are a result of Express division and not the Ground division.

And I don't think it's totally "tanking". I think it's "tanking" the service quality and the FedEx image.

You guys seem to think there is concrete information given to employees across the board at this company and there isn't. I can't speak for Mr. Fedex but I know at my station we've been told things like this a lot. If Fedx4life is claiming that Fedex gives employees information like this across the entire company at the same time then that further proves that they are a phony. The only info you get like that is frontline which I havn't had to watch in a while. When is the last time you had to watch a frontline Fedx4life? How do you code that on the famis? Do you even know what I'm talking about? :happy-very:

FedEx courier

Now I guess my question for you is where are you getting your information about FedEx Ground being the most profitable aspect of the company as you claim. There is no question it has to be somewhat profitable because Fred S has been able to outsource the majority of his labor force. How pimp is it to not have to:
provide any benefits, or
call you an employee,
or have responsibility for your dot requirements,
provide any staff to handle your taxes...ect..
but then he can
make you buy your own truck,
make you where a uniform,
still put numbers on you even though you aren't an employee,
tell you when you have to change the tires on the damn truck,
still fire you,
sounds very pimp to me.
Yeah it seems like it has to be profitable to a certain extent because he's been able to outsource the majority of employees and doesn't even have anything invested in the trucks. I would just like to know if you have any numbers or even claims from FedEx itself that back up your stance that Ground is the most profitable?:happy2:

FedEX 4 Life

When is the last time you had to watch a frontline Fedx4life? How do you code that on the famis? Do you even know what I'm talking about? :happy-very:
Frontline 2 months i think this month would be 0902

And i agree there is no concrete information so why do you and your buttbuddy Mrfedex keep spreading this BS?

FedEx courier

Frontline 2 months i think this month would be 0902

And i agree there is no concrete information so why do you and your buttbuddy Mrfedex keep spreading this BS?

Woah there cheif, there's no need in calling people names. What "BS" are you referring to if you are in agreement? Do you just hate life or something so when you get cornered you have nothing else to do but to call people names. You must feel pretty sad all the time, I would If I lived in the conceptual box that you seem to live in. So yes I have been told by FedEx management that Ground was tanking before, just like I have been told that Express was in similar trouble. So no I didn't make that up, or did you forget that you accused me of making that up already?
Again I could think of a lot of names to call you like you call other people when you get proven wrong over and over and over and over again but it would just be a waste of time. You aren't really worth it,and I'm not like you nor do I want to be,nor do I wish your likeness upon anyone else. You can't back up any of your claims with sources so your credibility dwindles with every pathetic post that you make!:happy-very: