Illegal Anti-Union Meetings

bbsam

Staff member
A true mercenary....Fred would love you.
I don't think this is a compliment, but it does warm my heart to know you think so.

But really, why would I want an employee in a driving position for 30 years? As far as route knowledge goes, he/she couldn't possibly be gaining in value past 6 or 7 years. And we all know how the body begins to break down after years of this kind of work. So in the most cold, cynical, and machiavellian way, what is the purpose in having a "seasoned veteran"? And if that question angers you, is it because in you know for a fact that you are becoming more and more irrellevant and feel powerless to change it? Kinda like when the automotive industry became mechanized in the 70's and 80's.

bbsam

Staff member
Actually, Fedex courier, your assertion that the higher revenue from international shipments resulted in the higher profit may not mean anything more than Express lost less money than they expected. Let's say that x=express income and g=ground income. If x+g>0 then it can be said that a profit was realized. If x<0 but g>0 to the extent that g>-x then a profit would still be realized. g=-x would represent a break even point and g<-x a loss. Therefore if x+g=np (net profit) it is entirely possible that the value of x while not as bad as expected still represents a value less than zero but still allowing the value of np to increase over that which had been expected.

FedEX 4 Life

Woah there cheif, there's no need in calling people names. What "BS" are you referring to if you are in agreement? Do you just hate life or something so when you get cornered you have nothing else to do but to call people names. You must feel pretty sad all the time, I would If I lived in the conceptual box that you seem to live in. So yes I have been told by FedEx management that Ground was tanking before, just like I have been told that Express was in similar trouble. So no I didn't make that up, or did you forget that you accused me of making that up already?
Again I could think of a lot of names to call you like you call other people when you get proven wrong over and over and over and over again but it would just be a waste of time. You aren't really worth it,and I'm not like you nor do I want to be,nor do I wish your likeness upon anyone else. You can't back up any of your claims with sources so your credibility dwindles with every pathetic post that you make!:happy-very:

I didnt call any names.MrFedex is your buttbuddy.Everyone knows that.You should take that as a compliment.

FedEx courier

Actually, Fedex courier, your assertion that the higher revenue from international shipments resulted in the higher profit may not mean anything more than Express lost less money than they expected. Let's say that x=express income and g=ground income. If x+g>0 then it can be said that a profit was realized. If x<0 but g>0 to the extent that g>-x then a profit would still be realized. g=-x would represent a break even point and g<-x a loss. Therefore if x+g=np (net profit) it is entirely possible that the value of x while not as bad as expected still represents a value less than zero but still allowing the value of np to increase over that which had been expected.

That could be true, but is there any reference you have that Ground is the more profitable than Express? Any numbers to back it up?

FedEx courier

If I remember correctly, the previous quarterly report. Had a break down of all the divisions.

I think I remember a breakdown. So your completely ignoring the most recent report and basing on your statements on one quarterly report. You are the one claiming that Ground is the only profitable facet at FedEx. I'm sure that Ground is profitable but claiming it is the only part of "the company" that is making money seems ridiculous.

FedEx courier

Quality service for the right price? What a joke!

[video=youtube;StCBdfQNLKE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StCBdfQNLKE&feature=related[/video]

DHL has proven you can't servive with junkies and ex-cons running routes.If FedEx wants to completely outsource every operating company it has it will disappear.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I don't think this is a compliment, but it does warm my heart to know you think so.

But really, why would I want an employee in a driving position for 30 years? As far as route knowledge goes, he/she couldn't possibly be gaining in value past 6 or 7 years. And we all know how the body begins to break down after years of this kind of work. So in the most cold, cynical, and machiavellian way, what is the purpose in having a "seasoned veteran"? And if that question angers you, is it because in you know for a fact that you are becoming more and more irrellevant and feel powerless to change it? Kinda like when the automotive industry became mechanized in the 70's and 80's.

Excellent and highly competent employees who provide great service are never irrelevant....just ask UPS. How long do you think FedEx can preserve it's reputation when you have your typical Ground clown doing everything possible to not be excellent.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!! Perhaps you and Fred will eventually learn this lesson the hard way. It's kind of like a domestic equivalent of outsourcing customer service to India. You pay nothing, provide no benefits, and then tell the customer that they are going to have an outstanding experience each and every time they use FedEx. Ever had computer problems and talked to "Bobby" or "Cindy" in Mumbai? Even if "Bobby" knows how to build a computer out of matchsticks and AA batteries and has memorized the manual, what good is he if you can't understand him?

This is kind of like the Ground guy who speaks 4 sentences of English well and shows up at your dock at 1730 when you closed at 1600. Oh yeah, he was going to deliver those boxes that should have been there last week when he was there. Oh well...

bbsam

Staff member
I think I remember a breakdown. So your completely ignoring the most recent report and basing on your statements on one quarterly report. You are the one claiming that Ground is the only profitable facet at FedEx. I'm sure that Ground is profitable but claiming it is the only part of "the company" that is making money seems ridiculous.
Not at all. Simply haven't seen the latest break down. Have you?

O

olcc

If I remember correctly, the previous quarterly report. Had a break down of all the divisions.

Alright, I'll take the bait:

http://news.van.fedex.com/Q4FY08

Fourth Quarter Results
FedEx Corp. reported the following consolidated results for the fourth quarter:

• Revenue of $9.87 billion, up 8% from $9.15 billion the previous year

FedEx Express Segment
For the fourth quarter, the FedEx Express segment reported:

• Revenue of $6.37 billion, up 9% from last year’s $5.83 billion

FedEx Ground Segment
For the fourth quarter, the FedEx Ground segment reported:

• Revenue of $1.72 billion, up 8% from last year’s $1.58 billion

In the last quarter alone, Express was responsible for about 65% of FedEx Corporation's total revenue and YOY revenue even increased more (%) than Ground. Please elaborate on how Ground is carrying the company.

FedEX 4 Life

Fourth Quarter Results

FedEx Express Segment

FedEx Ground Segment

In the last quarter alone, Express was responsible for about 65% of FedEx Corporation's total revenue and YOY revenue even increased more (%) than Ground. Please elaborate on how Ground is carrying the company.
Isnt Express more expensive to run?

FedEx courier

Fourth Quarter Results

FedEx Express Segment

FedEx Ground Segment

Thank you for clearing that up.

Fantasm

You guys realize that being given a job and being allowed to keep that job is a privilege not a right, correct?
MrFedEx, you obviously have no where else to turn for a job or you would have long ago left if you are "SO" unhappy here. So you are LUCKY that you haven't been terminated for what seems like a malicious attitude and constant attack towards the company that pays your mortgage, electric bills and helps your kids get their McDonalds every week. You go to work every day, TAKING FedEx's money then coming home and HIDING ONLINE like a coward bad mouthing with what seems like play by play information on every minut detail.

If you really hate the atmosphere so bad, go work some place else!
Can't get hired some place else? Tough! Sounds like you are stuck getting exactly what you are worth. Stop complaining about it and simply excel at your job and work to get promoted, etc.
Nothing comes for free. You won't get anything by being a 9-5'er and thats it. You MUST put in extra effort to be a shining star that people will notice.

So stop complaining because you are LAZY and all you want to do is the bare minimum that the job requires and get paid in gold for it.

Fantasm

Excellent and highly competent employees who provide great service are never irrelevant....just ask UPS. How long do you think FedEx can preserve it's reputation when you have your typical Ground clown doing everything possible to not be excellent.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!! Perhaps you and Fred will eventually learn this lesson the hard way. It's kind of like a domestic equivalent of outsourcing customer service to India. You pay nothing, provide no benefits, and then tell the customer that they are going to have an outstanding experience each and every time they use FedEx. Ever had computer problems and talked to "Bobby" or "Cindy" in Mumbai? Even if "Bobby" knows how to build a computer out of matchsticks and AA batteries and has memorized the manual, what good is he if you can't understand him?

This is kind of like the Ground guy who speaks 4 sentences of English well and shows up at your dock at 1730 when you closed at 1600. Oh yeah, he was going to deliver those boxes that should have been there last week when he was there. Oh well...

This BEGS the question -- WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE? Quit already! Go to UPS?? Are you a glutton for your perceived punishment?
Fact is, there are plenty of people happy with their job. If they supposedly get paid so little, then leaving this company and doing something else isn't that big of a leap right?
Is that why there are DROVES of employee's marching away from FedEx?

Get real guy and take your Midol.

Broke

You guys realize that being given a job and being allowed to keep that job is a privilege not a right, correct?
MrFedEx, you obviously have no where else to turn for a job or you would have long ago left if you are "SO" unhappy here. So you are LUCKY that you haven't been terminated for what seems like a malicious attitude and constant attack towards the company that pays your mortgage, electric bills and helps your kids get their McDonalds every week. You go to work every day, TAKING FedEx's money then coming home and HIDING ONLINE like a coward bad mouthing with what seems like play by play information on every minut detail.

Can't get hired some place else? Tough! Sounds like you are stuck getting exactly what you are worth. Stop complaining about it and simply excel at your job and work to get promoted, etc.
Nothing comes for free. You won't get anything by being a 9-5'er and thats it. You MUST put in extra effort to be a shining star that people will notice.

So stop complaining because you are LAZY and all you want to do is the bare minimum that the job requires and get paid in gold for it.
Looks like we have another Einstein that's rotated on here.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

So stop complaining because you are LAZY and all you want to do is the bare minimum that the job requires and get paid in gold for it.[/QUOTE]

TROLL :peaceful:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I am a "7" employee at FedEx. Since you don't work there I'll explain what that means. Simply put, it means you can't get a higher score in terms of an employee evaluation (review). I do excel at my job.

Being covert goes with the territory at FedEx, Again, since you are a troll who doesn't work there I'll explain it for you s-l-o-w-l-y. Even though FedEx claims to not be anti-union, openly supporting a union is the kiss of death. Your hours will be cut, you will be targeted and watched by management, or they will try and set you up so you can be terminated. This is illegal, but the law means nothing to FedEx.

So, "Maury" or whatever sort of FedEx synchophant you are, remove your head from your butt and go back to Brownbailout.com and enter some more phony statements of support. Maybe you're FedEx4Life, who trolls this site constantly using multiple usernames trying to spread misinformation.

Each and every time you come here, I or someone else will expose you for the phony you are. It's your time to waste....or is Fred paying you? Isn't it amazing that you and your fellow trolls show up here at the same time the RLA poop hits the fan. Planned...not coincidence. Keep trying, OK?

Washu234

This BEGS the question -- WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE? Quit already! Go to UPS?? Are you a glutton for your perceived punishment?
Fact is, there are plenty of people happy with their job. If they supposedly get paid so little, then leaving this company and doing something else isn't that big of a leap right?
Is that why there are DROVES of employee's marching away from FedEx?

Get real guy and take your Midol.

I agree that MrFedEx comes off as very angry, but most of his statements are true. I think I'd be as pissed as him if I dedicated my life to a career and saw things going down the tube.

I like FedEx, I'm happy with my job, but, its not my career.

I hate to admit it, but if MrFedEx did speak up about all the wrongs he's seen in person - he'd probably get fired. Using the word "union" at FedEx is a fireable offense.

FedEX 4 Life

Mr Fedex probably doesnt even work for Fedex.Sounds more like an ex-employee to me.Majority of Fedex workers i know are happy to be working for Fedex.Of course we all have our gripes but thats the case at any job.Im just gettin tired of of people say that UPS and Fedex are the same job when it clearly is not.

In general, UPS drivers work harder and deserve higher pay.

This same clown wants $30 an hr even though he admits that UPS works harder.