Illegal Anti-Union Meetings

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If you post a pic of yourself I will leave this site and never post again.

Tempting, but I really don't want management knowing who I am. You'd just come back under another username and spread the same lies. I have to agree with olcc in that you add nothing to this site and interfere with those of us who would like to improve working conditions and pay at FedEx. I suspect you're only here to be disruptive and dilute the message, and as usual, you've failed. You've provoked more pro-union sentiment than you've eliminated. Thanks.

Ricochet1a

If you post a pic of yourself I will leave this site and never post again.

So FedEx wants to know who Mr FedEx is that bad eh?

Why not offer resignation bonuses to those of us who aren't happy with the compensation. Squeeky wheel gets the grease (ticked off Courier gets the separation bonus). You can put up a schedule of bonuses to be paid out based upon tenure and number of posts over the past 6 months. Fred could cut his detractors down considerably if he pulls out the check book and starts writing checks.

He could just compensate all of us for what we are worth, but that would be giving in wouldn't it?

Tell you what. Why don't you just not post here and we won't post pictures of you? I'm sure we could all come up with creative illustrations of what we think you look like.

bbsam

Staff member
So FedEx wants to know who Mr FedEx is that bad eh?

Why not offer resignation bonuses to those of us who aren't happy with the compensation. Squeeky wheel gets the grease (ticked off Courier gets the separation bonus). You can put up a schedule of bonuses to be paid out based upon tenure and number of posts over the past 6 months. Fred could cut his detractors down considerably if he pulls out the check book and starts writing checks.

He could just compensate all of us for what we are worth, but that would be giving in wouldn't it?

Tell you what. Why don't you just not post here and we won't post pictures of you? I'm sure we could all come up with creative illustrations of what we think you look like.
Ricochet,
Is there any chance that you will revert back to a more thoughtul and intelligent member here? You seem to be getting dragged into spiteful and personal posting. It really is unbecoming of you.

I dont really even read your posts anymore but im pretty sure all you need is a highschool diploma to get a job delivering packages.If you wanted some big job where you can quit and get a new job with the same pay then maybe you should have thought about going to college.We all knew what we were getting into when we applied so dont give me that crap about Fred holding us hostage.I dont think you would last one week at UPS.

Know of two recent college grads...one is bagging groceries and the other is delivering flowers. So much for for a college degree.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Know of two recent college grads...one is bagging groceries and the other is delivering flowers. So much for for a college degree.

If he's (FedEx4Life) referring to me, I've got 2 degrees, neither of which have been of much use. Thay don't seem to mean much, unless you've got a degree in a discipline like Engineering or Chemistry. Those guys can almost always find work.

Winger

This is good to know.Ive never really got into to trouble but now i have a few poiners.Back to my point,ive never seen a car with Fedex managers driving around lloking for drivers making mistakes to write them up.I do howver see a car with UPS sups driving around and hiding,atleast 3 times a month.
Back in 99,my old station,there were a few managers that were complete **********but after too many critical SFAs,they were gone.I'm not crzy about my current management now,but they leave us lone.And yes its laid back.Im a night guy and rarely even see my managers.We have a lead at night that runs the show.
My point is that the union company seems stricter than the non-union company.

That is why the FedEx managers are secretly hoping the RLA fails and we go union. My manager told me behind closed doors that he can't wait for a union. His door will be closed and he won't have to "care" about our problems any more. He sometimes has to go out and do a route when we are short-handed (no more after the union contract gets signed) and he bends over backwards to accommodate requests from couriers who ask to get out early (after the union comes in he says that it will just be, "just go do your job and leave me alone"). Having a union and a steward to take care of the employees actually makes the manager's job much easier. Which would support your view that a union company is "stricter" than a non-union. A non-union company always has that "union threat" that forces them to do things for their employees (that they admittedly don't really want to do). If I were just starting at FedEx as a 21 year old driver I'd be all for a union. But with 22 years in, there's nothing a union is going to do for me.

FedEX 4 Life

That is why the FedEx managers are secretly hoping the RLA fails and we go union. My manager told me behind closed doors that he can't wait for a union. His door will be closed and he won't have to "care" about our problems any more. He sometimes has to go out and do a route when we are short-handed (no more after the union contract gets signed) and he bends over backwards to accommodate requests from couriers who ask to get out early (after the union comes in he says that it will just be, "just go do your job and leave me alone"). Having a union and a steward to take care of the employees actually makes the manager's job much easier. Which would support your view that a union company is "stricter" than a non-union. A non-union company always has that "union threat" that forces them to do things for their employees (that they admittedly don't really want to do). If I were just starting at FedEx as a 21 year old driver I'd be all for a union. But with 22 years in, there's nothing a union is going to do for me.
I can tell you what will change.Our service reliability.

Broke

There's never been a real union threat at Fedex Express, so they've never had to do **** for us.If the RLA exemption is gone then threre will be a legitimate threat and will be forced to treat their employees better.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

There is a great deal of "secret" support for the union movement within management. Your point that a "union threat" forces a company to "do things for their employees" is incorrect. If FedEx felt threatened at all by unionization we'd still have our old retirement plan instead of the PPP, our wages and benefits would have kept pace with inflation, and on and on. They've stepped all over us, and we've let them do it because of the RLA. Smith knows that it's basically impossible for us to go Teamster as long as he's got his special dispensation. There's a lot the union can do for you, even as a 22 year employee. For one, wouldn't you like to have your retirement plan back? A legitimate grievance process would also be nice, or do you like GFT and Open Door? Perhaps you should educate yourself as to how you (and many others) would benefit as a Teamster, and figure out that Smith doesn't give a damn about any of us. I wish people would quit acting like PSP and all the other public relations BS actually means something...it doesn't.

FedEx courier

"FedEx is afraid the measure will pass with ease, and if it does, they say significant job loss could occur in Colorado."

According to this article FedEx is threatening jobs again as a result of this Union campaign. That is a violation of both RLA and NLRA rules. I wonder if the part about this measure passing with ease is true. Does FedEx know they have lost already? :happy-very:

FedEX 4 Life

"FedEx is afraid the measure will pass with ease, and if it does, they say significant job loss could occur in Colorado."

According to this article FedEx is threatening jobs again as a result of this Union campaign. That is a violation of both RLA and NLRA rules. I wonder if the part about this measure passing with ease is true. Does FedEx know they have lost already? :happy-very:
"significant job loss could occur in Colorado"
How is that threatening jobs?If Fedex were to go union,how could they afford to pay everyone $30 an hour?They would most definitely have to lay off.Its not a threat,its a fact of life.I can tell you're not the brightest.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
How is that threatening jobs?If Fedex were to go union,how could they afford to pay everyone $30 an hour?They would most definitely have to lay off.Its not a threat,its a fact of life.I can tell you're not the brightest.

Ever hear of "scare tactics"? If Colorado is anything like the rest of FedEx right now there are zero extra people to go around. If they eliminate anyone, there aren't enough people to maintain service levels. If 1 person calls-in sick at my station that means a manager is on the road or a route gets collapsed and in either case, service suffers badly. And it IS "threatening jobs"...how much clearer does it need to be? Illegal anti-union strategies have been a hallmark of FedEx over the years. They aren't going to change now.

As the RLA controversy goes on, look for more of these tactics by FedEx upper management. You fell for it, hook,line and sinker...I think you might have even swallowed the fishing pole. Why am I not surprised?

FedEx courier

You never cease to amaze do you? Saying "significant job loss could occur in Colorado" is certainly threatening jobs in Colorado. Don't know how more Crystal clear that statement could be. I'm not going to waste time on putting you down like you do others. Your statements and reasoning skills speak for themselves.

FedEx courier

You really are a joke if you think they couldn't afford to pay competitive wages. Don't you realize that everyone is laughing at you because you continue to display a lack of knowledge about the courier job and the company in general. They can't lay people off the way they have every route stretched so far, the only layoffs that could occur would be management layoffs. You can't lay the people off that are necessary to do the job, anybody can see that. :funny:

"I can tell you're not the brightest."

I guess I was bright enough to pass that BST that you didn't know anything about.:smart:

O

olcc

What are you even talking about? I love the fantasy land that you and all the other purple cheerleaders live in, where FedEx is just barely getting by and can't afford to do anything. Give me a break, this is one of the most profitable companies in the world. We know that, they know that, and for anyone to say otherwise is a blatant exaggeration.

How do I know that they could afford to pay competitive wages and benefits, with reasonable top-out times and a halfway decent pension? Because they used to do it before, when they were a much, much smaller company.

SmithBarney

They lay the same company line down here..

although they said "if it passes, we just don't know what will happen with jobs"

Meanwhile they want an extra stop per hour "or they'll have to lay off people"

while at the same time they have just hired a new person, and have a new position open
for transfers.

FedEx All the Way!

How many times are we going to have to put you in check? You are unwilling to provide any proof that you even work for FedEx. You add nothing to the dialog and you clog these boards with insults and nonsense.

You have nothing constructive to say in any of your posts. Leave the discussion to people who actually want to make FedEx a better place to work and get lost. You are totally irrelevant.

I guess then you would have to put most of us in check as well! (Whatever that means) Totally fustrated with MrFedEx - he has always posted negative things about FedEx. There has never once been a post from him stating he's ok with his job! He should try looking at FedEx from the outside in. He must say negatives things about his own shadow - please get real. Sooooo unhappy, get another job in this economy!!!!!

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I guess then you would have to put most of us in check as well! (Whatever that means) Totally fustrated with MrFedEx - he has always posted negative things about FedEx. There has never once been a post from him stating he's ok with his job! He should try looking at FedEx from the outside in. He must say negatives things about his own shadow - please get real. Sooooo unhappy, get another job in this economy!!!!!

Uuumm...I know for a fact that he's said that he does like his job, it's cuckoos ruling the roost that cause all the problems..

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No he doesnt.He said he hates his job and Fedex many many times.

I actually like my job. I don't like the way FedEx regards me (disposable at any time) or pays me. Federal Express was a great place to work..FedEx is not. If Smith had stayed true to the original premise (and promise)of Federal Express, there wouldn't be any issues with a union right now. Unfortunately, Fred took the low road and has continued to seek lower roads with each passing year.