Illegal Anti-Union Meetings

bbsam

Staff member
for all the "testicular fortitude" you seem to think you have, maybe you just need to grow thicker skin. that's kind of a smarta** comment to make, but in all reallity you and mrfedex do seem to only complain and wish for a time long ago that isn't coming back. what's the worst that could happen if you just showed up everyday, did your best and let the chips fall where they may? if you get fired, would you really miss the job?

Other than my awesome coworkers. the insurance for my kids, and having to look for another job...NO, I wouldn't miss it at all. Actually, the job hunting is the one that I really don't look forward to...lol
my bad. i was becoming sold on the idea that express had absolutely nothing going for it. glad to see it has some redeeming qualities.:happy2:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
for all the "testicular fortitude" you seem to think you have, maybe you just need to grow thicker skin. that's kind of a smarta** comment to make, but in all reallity you and mrfedex do seem to only complain and wish for a time long ago that isn't coming back. what's the worst that could happen if you just showed up everyday, did your best and let the chips fall where they may? if you get fired, would you really miss the job?

If we let the chips "fall where they may" we'd be buried over our heads in manure. It's too bad you don't have the opportunity to spend a little time over at Express. I think you'd have a very different perspective.

FedEX 4 Life

fedex 4 life i would love to know what station you work at and transfer there.your station is the exception to the rule.i am at a a-station and the managers nit pick on every little thing.they expect you to perform at 120 per cent every day even during severe thunderstorms ,heavy snowfall and 100 plus temperature with high humidity[no a/c in my truck in the northeast]
Perhaps my view is a bit bias.My station had the highest SFA in the NATION last year.

FedEX 4 Life

Hmmm. I wonder what they're putting into the Kool-Aid at your station.
Why does everything have to be about kool-aid.Someone is happy with thier job= kool-aid

Dude you are sounding like a broken record.

I'm scared to find out what your home life is like.You sound miserable.

Wow is all I can say ,all I see is people arguing about things they cant control.I know at UPS our supervisors can be a holes but there is really nothing they can do to you .If they try to fire you you file a grievance ,I have seen guys come in drunk as hell ,get fired and be back to work in a couple of days with pay.I highly doubt this would happen @ fedex.With union backing you don't have to worry about your job ,as in the case at fedex it doesn't seem this way.I don't drive yet but I know every January and August 1st we get a raise of 70 cents do you get a raise every 6 months at fedex?? It is in our contract weather the economy sucks or not we get it .I know my health ,dental and vision benefits are the best I ever had.I know when my kids or wife go to the doctor or dentist I do not get stuck with some outrageous bill that I can't pay.I don't know why most of you guys from fedex hate the union so much ,everyone except a few seem to be for it .Mr Fredex I applaud your efforts and Ricochet1a it seems like you guys and gals understand alot about how the union can help you .Also all the talk about supervisors being up your butt is wrong I have hardly every seen that .Most of the drivers I talk to love their jobs and they make really good money ,maybe that is why so many of you @ fedex hate us .maybe your just jealous of what we have and you don't .I don't know but what I do know is that I hope you get your God given right to vot eyes or no someday.Until then keep doing what you do best and make funny commercials:happy2:

FedEx courier

Wow is all I can say ,all I see is people arguing about things they cant control.I know at UPS our supervisors can be a holes but there is really nothing they can do to you .If they try to fire you you file a grievance ,I have seen guys come in drunk as hell ,get fired and be back to work in a couple of days with pay.I highly doubt this would happen @ fedex.With union backing you don't have to worry about your job ,as in the case at fedex it doesn't seem this way.I don't drive yet but I know every January and August 1st we get a raise of 70 cents do you get a raise every 6 months at fedex?? It is in our contract weather the economy sucks or not we get it .I know my health ,dental and vision benefits are the best I ever had.I know when my kids or wife go to the doctor or dentist I do not get stuck with some outrageous bill that I can't pay.I don't know why most of you guys from fedex hate the union so much ,everyone except a few seem to be for it .Mr Fredex I applaud your efforts and Ricochet1a it seems like you guys and gals understand alot about how the union can help you .Also all the talk about supervisors being up your butt is wrong I have hardly every seen that .Most of the drivers I talk to love their jobs and they make really good money ,maybe that is why so many of you @ fedex hate us .maybe your just jealous of what we have and you don't .I don't know but what I do know is that I hope you get your God given right to vot eyes or no someday.Until then keep doing what you do best and make funny commercials:happy2:

Hey, just so you know, these people getting on here claiming to be FedEx drivers that hate the Union and UPS are most likely FedEx supervisor posing as employees. Any FedEx worker who has half a brain knows they would benefit from a Union because of all the reasons you just stated. Also most of the FedEx workers I come in contact with don't hate UPS people, that idea has been trumped up by FedEx only to try and keep a Union out if the FAA reauthorization act passes with the express courier protection. The only way a driver at FedEx could be anti-union is because they are believing the false crap that FedEx management is telling them!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hey, just so you know, these people getting on here claiming to be FedEx drivers that hate the Union and UPS are most likely FedEx supervisor posing as employees. Any FedEx worker who has half a brain knows they would benefit from a Union because of all the reasons you just stated. Also most of the FedEx workers I come in contact with don't hate UPS people, that idea has been trumped up by FedEx only to try and keep a Union out if the FAA reauthorization act passes with the express courier protection. The only way a driver at FedEx could be anti-union is because they are believing the false crap that FedEx management is telling them!

Well said. The recent spate of FedEx "trolls" are either Kool-Aid drinkers or management. Some don't even work for FedEx and get their "information" from places like Brownbailout.com. Others are just union-hating Right-Wingers trying to jump on board.

I think 705Red is a bit confused. He's angry because he can't access "our" site, which has nothing to do with employees. Brownbailout.com is directly from Fred S. Do you think he's actually going to let you post what you really think? The "moderators" there only want comments that support the FedEx side of the argument. It's just a big scam.

FedEx courier

I hope it becomes well known that brownbailout.com is censoring posts,that is if the site ever even gets any of the real attention that FedX wants it too!:biting::dead::dead::angry::biting::knockedout:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's a complete scam. From the get-go, it's been clear FedEx only wants "opinions" that agree with theirs. In the meantime, they've let loose a storm of trolls like FedEx4Life (and others)that spam sites like the BC with pro-FedEx propaganda.

If you want proof, go to FedExcess.com and read the posts from FedEx4Life over there....clearly a manager attempting to pose as a courier on the BC. And there are others.

In a way, this whole thing is illustrative of the way FedEx does business...dirty and underhanded.

Testicular Fortitude

Perhaps my view is a bit bias.My station had the highest SFA in the NATION last year.
Thats if you believe what a Fedex manager tells you.I was told the same thing at my station and Fedex managers dont lie.They only lie to you if their lips are moving.I am a 20 year employee who has not yet met a manager who wont lie to your face or shake your hand without stabbing you in the back.

Testicular Fortitude

bbsam its obvious you have never worked in the Express division at Fedex.The time of long ago will return when we are moved to the NLRB and allowed to unionize.I do show up everyday and do the best I can under adverse conditions[totally incompetent managers and engineers] The absolutely worst couriers became managers and engineers.The chips falling are wet cow chips.No I would not miss the job one bit and if they tried firing me they better be sure they have good cause or look at another major lawsuit.

Ricochet1a

It's a complete scam. From the get-go, it's been clear FedEx only wants "opinions" that agree with theirs. In the meantime, they've let loose a storm of trolls like FedEx4Life (and others)that spam sites like the BC with pro-FedEx propaganda.

If you want proof, go to FedExcess.com and read the posts from FedEx4Life over there....clearly a manager attempting to pose as a courier on the BC. And there are others.

In a way, this whole thing is illustrative of the way FedEx does business...dirty and underhanded.

Excellent catch MrFedEx!!! I checked out his posts over there. Reads just like corporate press releases regarding the benefits of keeping the RLA shackles around Express emplyoyees. I just love how his writing style changes over there. Makes me wonder if he is transferring material verbatim. This removes the last bit of "reasonable doubt" as to FedEx4Life's non-Courier status. While many couriers don't want a union, NONE would EVER write such dribble.

So... who is FedEx4Life??? No frontline manager would make such clumsy errors in their presentation (claimed hours of work, "free flights", jumpseating, topped out Courier working a pickup route, posting during supposed work hours, claiming to put in 16 hour days and still having time to post to at least two lists, etc). One error, OK. A litany of "errors", sorry.

I'm thinking he's one of three things. First, a retiree that has time on their hands and just loves FedEx (still owns stock, and doesn't want to take that post unionizaton "hit" to their portfolio of FedEx). Second, a PR type out of Memphis trying to muddy the waters, so to say (trying to muddy up all that clear water I've been providing eh?). Third, a hired PR shill that is dispensing Kool-Aid to all the lurkers, attempting to get the casual reader to think we're all just a bunch of malcontents, and everything is really just peachy for the hourly employees at Express. Whatever the case may be, FedEx4Life is no hourly employee.

FedEx4Life, take me up on that offer, and I'll retract everything I just said if your facts line up. Otherwise, you are a dispenser of Kool-Aid, and that is about as low as an individual can be in my book. By the way, if you are going to shill on multiple lists, have the common sense to use a different log-in name.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Excellent catch MrFedEx!!! I checked out his posts over there. Reads just like corporate press releases regarding the benefits of keeping the RLA shackles around Express emplyoyees. I just love how his writing style changes over there. Makes me wonder if he is transferring material verbatim. This removes the last bit of "reasonable doubt" as to FedEx4Life's non-Courier status. While many couriers don't want a union, NONE would EVER write such dribble.

So... who is FedEx4Life??? No frontline manager would make such clumsy errors in their presentation (claimed hours of work, "free flights", jumpseating, topped out Courier working a pickup route, posting during supposed work hours, claiming to put in 16 hour days and still having time to post to at least two lists, etc). One error, OK. A litany of "errors", sorry.

I'm thinking he's one of three things. First, a retiree that has time on their hands and just loves FedEx (still owns stock, and doesn't want to take that post unionizaton "hit" to their portfolio of FedEx). Second, a PR type out of Memphis trying to muddy the waters, so to say (trying to muddy up all that clear water I've been providing eh?). Third, a hired PR shill that is dispensing Kool-Aid to all the lurkers, attempting to get the casual reader to think we're all just a bunch of malcontents, and everything is really just peachy for the hourly employees at Express. Whatever the case may be, FedEx4Life is no hourly employee.

FedEx4Life, take me up on that offer, and I'll retract everything I just said if your facts line up. Otherwise, you are a dispenser of Kool-Aid, and that is about as low as an individual can be in my book. By the way, if you are going to shill on multiple lists, have the common sense to use a different log-in name.

I don't know which he/she is, but they are definitely a troll. I liked the change in styles too. Semi-retarded over here, and much more concise over there. Too many errors to be an actual employee is exactly correct. I wouldn't doubt that FedEx hires professional shills to cloud the issues. They must not pay them very much, because FedEx4Life wasn't too bright.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Found this on the intranet today, it's a public site (checked it from home) and you can "follow it on Twitter" (had to ask my 16 yr old what that was...lol)

I think I threw up in my mouth a little over some of the replies...

fedex_rtd

FedEx Express senior managers are holding 30-35 minute mandatory paid "information sessions" about the RLA. Predictably, these are nothing but anti-union meetings designed to show employees how evil the Teamsters are and how "good" they've got it under the current system.

Isn't this illegal? To FedEx, it doesn't make any difference, apparently since they are so used to operating outside the bounds of the law. These "sessions" are so one-sided and full of untruths as to be laughable. Unfortunately, throwing out lies to the gullible and uneducated often has positive results, at least at FedEx.

Is this legal?? I don't see why it would not be...If FedEx Express wants me to listen to a 35 minute "information session" about how bad a union is, I will be happy to sit there and listen, AS LONG AS I'M BEING PAID!!! heck they can even tell me the sun rises in the West for all I care.

If your on the clock and on company property they are doing nothing wrong. Just a word of advice....sit there and nod your head and agree with everything they say. If and when it comes to a union vote, just remember what they did to your pension. I don't need to say anything else.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Is this legal?? I don't see why it would not be...If FedEx Express wants me to listen to a 35 minute "information session" about how bad a union is, I will be happy to sit there and listen, AS LONG AS I'M BEING PAID!!! heck they can even tell me the sun rises in the West for all I care.

If your on the clock and on company property they are doing nothing wrong. Just a word of advice....sit there and nod your head and agree with everything they say. If and when it comes to a union vote, just remember what they did to your pension. I don't need to say anything else.

That's why they call them "information sessions". If they named them "anti-Teamster meetings" they'd run afoul of the NLRA and RLA regs that say management must be "neutral" and cannot actively be anti-union. That's why Fred, who is the king of union-haters, always says "FedEx is not against unions in any way", which is pure BS. If he actually admitted to his true sentiments and actions, he'd be liable for violating "neutrality". It's all legal smoke and mirrors.

I do the same thing you do. As soon as the meeting was over at my station, we all grouped outside and had a good laugh. Most of us have very good memories too.