I'm a corporate big wig. Ask me anything.

F

Frankie's Friend

The only thing I forecast to hurt this company is driver's making over $40 for unskilled labor. The technology and training tells you exactly what to do. Anybody off the street could do the job.
Yeah dude our last off the street hire in to package car classification was a dumpster fire. 20 to 30 missed businesses daily, multiple ojs rides to get him up to speed, three to four drivers bailing him out every night, dozens of late air, and he made it to day 27 before they pulled the plug.
He's probably an on car supe in another local now.
20180715_222601.jpg

"Anyone can do this job."
Except the ones that can't homey.

And that guy was a body builder and personal trainer.
Good riddance.
Probably was your son?

Last edited by a moderator:

542thruNthru

Crazy that we have a self proclaimed UPS insider here telling us he will answer our questions and the majority of comments fired back at him/her is childish angry tit4tat. Why not ask him some legit questions. Sure he’s a dick, so are the rest of us. Regardless if he’s feeding us bs or not, it’s interesting ask and they(ups) to respond in a way that might be honest? We don’t get to hear this from work (thankfully) but wouldn’t it have value? Just saying.

Since you believe he's a corporate bigwig I just thought I'd let you know I'm David Abney. If you have any questions about the company I'd be happy to answer them.

Seriously man? He's a troll and everyone knows it. I mean for god sakes his name is UPS bigwig stockholder but go right ahead and ask him some questions. Lol

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yeah dude our last off the street hire in to package car classification was a dumpster fire. 20 to 30 missed businesses daily, multiple ojs rides to get him up to speed, three to four drivers bailing him out every night, dozens of late air, and he made it to day 27 before they pulled the plug.
He's probably an on car supe in another local now.
View attachment 202372
"Anyone can do this job."
Except the ones that can't homey.
Let’s go on strike and see them keep running the business like nothing has happen...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Since you believe he's a corporate bigwig I just thought I'd let you know I'm David Abney. If you have any questions about the company I'd be happy to answer them.

Seriously man? He's a troll and everyone knows it. I mean for god sakes his name is UPS bigwig stockholder but go right ahead and ask him some questions. Lol
It’s just getting ridiculous up in here now... let’s just get this NO vote in the books and send them back to the bargaining table... the faster we can get better language and get this thing ratified the faster these trolls will gtfo of here..

Daf

Why did I work 56hrs last week and some IE fool sits in a office decides how many routes you can have sitting in Atlanta looking at mystical numbers. It’s a no vote for me because of 9/5 and UPS doesn’t care if we have a life with our family.
I don’t think IE even bothers to look at the numbers. They just wing it. We have 2 IE guys, between the 2 of them they work maybe a total of 3 hours a day total.

Daf

The only thing I forecast to hurt this company is driver's making over $40 for unskilled labor. The technology and training tells you exactly what to do. Anybody off the street could do the job.
The technology tells us the WRONG thing to do. I find it interesting that upper management can be told by IE that a 50lb box and a letter are the exact same thing and they believe it. Then actually ask you why one takes longer than the other to process.