I'm not sure why one decides to be a supervisor if they're not happy

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
@Dragon , in all seriousness can you explain the late starts? Lots of angry customers and we aren’t afraid to hand out the direct UPS phone number to the center...FYI
🧔✊

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I became a PT supervisor because I was considering a management career with UPS and I felt my back couldn’t hold up to the package handler job for much longer.

I stayed PT Sup for 2 years and 2 months before going FT.

Based upon my experience in management (back in those days PT Sups actually did act as management a little ) I decided that a management career at UPS is not something that I wanted anything more to do with,

but I had a little problem, I needed to continue to pursue it so that I could get a FT Hourly Position back again as a management candidate.

Once I made book again, I was good.

When asked to sit for FT management interview I told them to take my name off the list of management candidates and I never looked back.

you showed a lot of @Integrity in that situation

SMH

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We got one who's always crying about his stupid numbers and blaming us for why he gets yelled at all the time. Then if you dare mention what the contract says to do he acts like you just kicked his dog lmao why do this job if you're so unhappy about it??
That is how people talk when they are trapped. Suck to be him.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U is carol tome in disguise all along

@Wally generate a meme from this pronto
BNxY5o.gif

raceanoncr

My opinion, and ONLY my opinion is: Every one wants POWER. I don't care if it's a menial job or a position of high responsibility....we ALL want power. I saw it here when I was forced to work the feeder yard. EVERYONE that got stuck there, took over. It didn't matter if they got paid the same as me or were lower senior....they TOOK OVER the yard. They wanted POWER.
Supes? Pay? Many of them said they made way LESS than I did. Well, it may have taken them a few years to overtake me in bonuses and such but PAY? No.
Power, as humans we have to have POWER

Dragon

Package Center Manager
@Dragon , in all seriousness can you explain the late starts? Lots of angry customers and we aren’t afraid to hand out the direct UPS phone number to the center...FYI
🧔✊
More Packages, we all know why
Less people (on both sides, all reasons)
Equipment shortages - everything from Preload, On-Road, HUB, Local

Start late, end late....cycle begins again.
Ugly cycle....we do the same thing every year and then wonder what happened, then continue to do the same thing.
If we can fix Peak we can fix the rest of the year.

My 2 cents...carry on.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
I became a PT supervisor because I was considering a management career with UPS and I felt my back couldn’t hold up to the package handler job for much longer.

I stayed PT Sup for 2 years and 2 months before going FT.

Based upon my experience in management (back in those days PT Sups actually did act as management a little ) I decided that a management career at UPS is not something that I wanted anything more to do with,

but I had a little problem, I needed to continue to pursue it so that I could get a FT Hourly Position back again as a management candidate.

Once I made book again, I was good.

When asked to sit for FT management interview I told them to take my name off the list of management candidates and I never looked back.

sounds like you got lucky, because most of these pt sups get stuck in a position and end up quitting.

Integrity

Binge Poster
sounds like you got lucky, because most of these pt sups get stuck in a position and end up quitting.
Lucky, you bet. Definitely an understatement.

There is no explanation as to how lucky I was.

I was in the right place at the right time and I happened to get to know the right person and be favored by a manager who blazed the trail for my opportunity.

It certainly was not simply by my merit.

I am certainly grateful for all the help and luck I had getting back to FT.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat

Ugly cycle....we do the same thing every year and then wonder what happened, then continue to do the same thing.

My 2 cents...carry on.
Maybe you people could start us EARLIER??????????????

a911scanner

My 2 cents...carry on.
Fixing peak was easy. We hired more people. At fairly good wages I might add.

Looking good at crunch time is one thing. Being significantly better all of the time is quite another.

The way to fix it all around is obvious. It takes money to make money. So it's 5.8B vs. 7.6B profit. So what. Fix the problems instead of creating them.