• always trying to be funny in the comments

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • actually come to BC to give legit advice

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • fedex employee

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters

browl movement

Did you read in the NMA where it says if work is available, you must have missed that part when you where reading that great 22.4 language. Please dont try pin this crappy langauge off on drivers being to scared or hypocritical over excessive overtime is childish liberal tactics and you know it. Come back when you can come to the table with some real meat and potatoes and stop hiding behind false pretenses.
you wanna know if you work isnt available as a driver? You can work pre load or other PT work and bump someone and make the driver rate inside, or do you not have that in you region. or you just refuse to work anything other than driving because theres a lot of laid off drivers that would rather just sit at home waiting to drive than work pre load on mondays at a driver rate

browl movement

If this guy is a real ups employee, he must be a part timer who's just drooling over the chance to make $20/hr. Why lie and say you are a driver? Just be honest.
why would i lie on this website, if its not clear, im trying to have a fruitful discussion since im a relatively new driver that has worked pre load in the past so i have views on both sides

542thruNthru

you wanna know if you work isnt available as a driver? You can work pre load or other PT work and bump someone and make the driver rate inside, or do you not have that in you region. or you just refuse to work anything other than driving because theres a lot of laid off drivers that would rather just sit at home waiting to drive than work pre load on mondays at a driver rate

So you want PT workers to make more but are ok with drivers taking their work so that they make even less?

How would you feel if I bumped you every Monday? You going home because no work is available for you. Pretty sure you'd be pissed.

542thruNthru

why would i lie on this website, if its not clear, im trying to have a fruitful discussion since im a relatively new driver that has worked pre load in the past so i have views on both sides

Fruitful? Pretty much your whole first post was calling drivers entitled out of touch crybabies. Not very fruitful.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
theyd be making less than a regular RPCD, but more than anything close to what theyd make in preload, I dont think its a scam, idk if youve ever worked pre load, but i can tell you that i would gladly take being overworked for 12 hours a day on a weekend at 20 an hour than waking up at 2am to make 11 an hour to load 4 trucks for 4 hours. im not a shill, im just from pre load, you might be a little disconnected as to what its like to make 11 an hour, but it sucks, especially to bruise your body for 11 an hour. 8 hours a day and no OT isnt bad. Ive worked those 11 hours days driving and thought you must be crazy to do this, but i value my time, health, and free time over OT. Obviously not just shirts all day, but moving 20, 30 pound boxes into the 2000 shelf from the slide is much harder than loading them in a dolly and moving them through freight elevators. the majority of packages arent over 30 pounds, im not saying its an easy job either, but some perspective on that from both sides would be healthy overall and thats what im aiming to say, im sure you dont beleive im not a shill, hell this isnt even the real account i use on here, i have another one, but im trying to blur who i am so my center wouldnt pin point who i am, maybe i feel driving is that much easier than pre load which is why i feel this way, but with organization and time management skills, i feel that delivering 20 pound boxes to doors is easier than loading a truck, and the pay increase to someone like myself who came from preload makes a world of difference, regardless of how it came from

What makes you think 22.4's would be limited to 8 hours? That's a little optimistic.

browl movement

Deliver shirts? You gotta be a troll.
ok bro, lets not pretend that when its the end of the day and you deliver residentials that most people arent ordering mattresses door to door, you're moving shirts, cat food, fans, and school supplies for back to school, or are you delivering futons to every house you go to

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Because an RPCD is guranteed 40 hours of driving work, theres not that much need. Thats why it makes sense to have it more of an as demand arises basis. It helps current part timeres because working 1 day driving roughly equates to about a week of preload.

They start at 20 an hour with a progression and will more than likely move into an RPCD role before they even make the full progression, so the trade off is a fair concession rather then the alternative of staying at pre load for 11-13 and waiting longer to get a foot in the door and making less money while waiting
They will not be driving 1 day, they will be driving 5. Your assumption that they would move into a RPCD position before they finished their progression is optimistic at best. If anything, the 22.4 job itself almost guarantees that it will take longer to become a RPCD. This 22.4 job is really just lengthening the pay progression without coming right out and saying it.

542thruNthru

ok bro, lets not pretend that when its the end of the day and you deliver residentials that most people arent ordering mattresses door to door, you're moving shirts, cat food, fans, and school supplies for back to school, or are you delivering futons to every house you go to

You mean the same shirts you pre loaded into every truck? Ever done a heavy pick up route? Where you empty a truck and then fill it again.

browl movement

So you want PT workers to make more but are ok with drivers taking their work so that they make even less?

How would you feel if I bumped you every Monday? You going home because no work is available for you. Pretty sure you'd be :censored2:.
most drivers wouldnt work pt work on a monday, lets assume they did, theres multiple shifts throughout the day to work, and pre load would work t-sat, like many already do,
If they gave me a choice of driving 8 hours or pre loading 8 hours for the same rate. I'd do pre load. The pay is why people do it not because it's easy.
i disagree, but i guess thats just you're preference

542thruNthru

most drivers wouldnt work pt work on a monday, lets assume they did, theres multiple shifts throughout the day to work, and pre load would work t-sat, like many already do,

i disagree, but i guess thats just you're preference

Well you're a RPCD now so of course you don't care about 22.4. It won't be you making less. Your mind is made up and to be honest you really haven't brought anything to the discussion of 22.4 other then PT workers need more money and pre load is hard.

Vote yes man. Help your preload brothers and sisters make less then me. I'm going to bed.

browl movement

The way you keep describing ground driving sure doesn't make it sound like you've ever done it. How long have you been on preload? I waited a long time to drive, and I had zero problem working another full time job to pay the bills while I waited.
were not in the 80's anymore. you could do that because what you made then is roughly what PL makes now, but the cost of everything else has risen, thats a whole other discussion for another thread. And how would you describe ground driving, because it seems like any work you do is in the context that only you can do it. Thats makes this whole thread go full cirlce. The work isn't as impossible as you describe it. really, and ive worked pre load long enough to know what its like lol in refernce to another thing i said, im trying to blur personal details, ive unloaded trailers, loaded trucks ,sorted,

browl movement

Well you're a RPCD now so of course you don't care about 22.4. It won't be you making less. Your mind is made up and to be honest you really haven't brought anything to the discussion of 22.4 other then PT workers need more money and pre load is hard.

Vote yes man. Help your preload brothers and sisters make less then me. I'm going to bed.
nobody else has really chimed in so we've talked about the same specific thing lol and it boiled down to 20>11, OT is reduced, and if i wasnt an rpcd id be going for 22.4 without a doubt, just so many people cant seem to grasp the benifits of the new contract. yeah imma sleep too actually

UnconTROLLed

perfection
22.4 should make top 22.3 rate inside, top driver rate on road. If in progression, you receive the progression rates. I would vote yes if that were the case (along with fixing the technology/discipline language)

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
nobody else has really chimed in so we've talked about the same specific thing lol and it boiled down to 20>11, OT is reduced, and if i wasnt an rpcd id be going for 22.4 without a doubt, just so many people cant seem to grasp the benifits of the new contract. yeah imma sleep too actually

I hate to be cruel..But do you ever proof read your posts. I have a bad habit of it myself, also get spellcheck on your devices. It makes you more credible with your debating skills.