• always trying to be funny in the comments

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • actually come to BC to give legit advice

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • fedex employee

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters

badpal

Most drivers in my center could really care less about 22.4, says it wont affect them. Except for the fact they might be able to take more days off. I would imagine it passes here 70/30.

M

MenInBrown

Because an RPCD is guranteed 40 hours of driving work, theres not that much need. Thats why it makes sense to have it more of an as demand arises basis. It helps current part timeres because working 1 day driving roughly equates to about a week of preload.

They start at 20 an hour with a progression and will more than likely move into an RPCD role before they even make the full progression, so the trade off is a fair concession rather then the alternative of staying at pre load for 11-13 and waiting longer to get a foot in the door and making less money while waiting

You lost me at “fair concession”.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
the majority of people on this site, and really at work too, have been with the company for multiple years if not multiple decades. All these senior drivers have gotten so entitled that the idea of a new 22.4 driver taking some overtime makes them scared. Countless people ive talked to have complained about missing their kids grow up, pains in there bodies, divorce etc because of the long hours and yet you still want to claw on to the idea of 11 hour days. Im not a shill, but coming from pre load and working as a driver im very appreciative of the large pay bump. The fact that most of you are scared that many people that have 2 jobs, and can barely afford food are trying to become a 22.4 is sad. It balances the work load to not overwork a few people and balance it out more.
Im glad the bidlist in my center is filled up. That fear is driven by greed it seems. at 36 an hour making 75k if not more a year, how much more money do you actually need, because you're definitely not enjoying it out all day on the road. You're making more than many people with degrees and deliver packages with great benefits. Yeah its stressful sometimes but its not a skilled job, so many are blind about what they have and cant appreciate it. Get over yourself, you deliver shirts for a living at 36 an hour, and are keeping up with inflation. Ill now open it up for discussion of retired upsers, former angry employees, people who dont work even work here, and people with no social life to try and be funny in these comments. and also the upsers with a lot of seniority who have a lot of ups wisdom
It is not just the overtime we are worried about. UPS will use loopholes to hack up routes bigger than the Browns losing record! You don't get it. They won't stop there. If you can split one job, none are safe.

Daf

the majority of people on this site, and really at work too, have been with the company for multiple years if not multiple decades. All these senior drivers have gotten so entitled that the idea of a new 22.4 driver taking some overtime makes them scared. Countless people ive talked to have complained about missing their kids grow up, pains in there bodies, divorce etc because of the long hours and yet you still want to claw on to the idea of 11 hour days. Im not a shill, but coming from pre load and working as a driver im very appreciative of the large pay bump. The fact that most of you are scared that many people that have 2 jobs, and can barely afford food are trying to become a 22.4 is sad. It balances the work load to not overwork a few people and balance it out more.
Im glad the bidlist in my center is filled up. That fear is driven by greed it seems. at 36 an hour making 75k if not more a year, how much more money do you actually need, because you're definitely not enjoying it out all day on the road. You're making more than many people with degrees and deliver packages with great benefits. Yeah its stressful sometimes but its not a skilled job, so many are blind about what they have and cant appreciate it. Get over yourself, you deliver shirts for a living at 36 an hour, and are keeping up with inflation. Ill now open it up for discussion of retired upsers, former angry employees, people who dont work even work here, and people with no social life to try and be funny in these comments. and also the upsers with a lot of seniority who have a lot of ups wisdom
NOT EVERY THING IS ABOUT MONEY!!!! These complaints are about people performing the same job and not being treated equally. This creates division in the union and is a move toward “union busting”

reginald95

Do your research. Temporary Cover Drivers have been around for years now. They are used as regular package drivers year round and nobody bats an eye. These guys make less, no full-time pension, no seniority, work saturdays, and get no 9.5 protection. This is just an improvement to the position.

542thruNthru

Do your research. Temporary Cover Drivers have been around for years now. They are used as regular package drivers year round and nobody bats an eye. These guys make less, no full-time pension, no seniority, work saturdays, and get no 9.5 protection. This is just an improvement to the position.

Do your research temporary cover drivers are only used in select areas. Also they were never meant to drive year-round that was something the Union allowed after the fact.

Future

Victory Ride
Do your research temporary cover drivers are only used in select areas. Also they were never meant to drive year-round that was something the Union allowed after the fact.
Give them hell kid! We need your support on the West coast also ...think they give u guys a sweeter taste 2 get your votes ....but help us out

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
I totally understand what you're saying, but shouldn't we all put our jobs/livelihood on the line until they bring back to the table that center managers must remain at the building until the last driver punches out?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Need more drivers? Hire them! No need for this bull sheetrock!

Smashmouth

theyd be making less than a regular RPCD, but more than anything close to what theyd make in preload, I dont think its a scam, idk if youve ever worked pre load, but i can tell you that i would gladly take being overworked for 12 hours a day on a weekend at 20 an hour than waking up at 2am to make 11 an hour to load 4 trucks for 4 hours. im not a shill, im just from pre load, you might be a little disconnected as to what its like to make 11 an hour, but it sucks, especially to bruise your body for 11 an hour. 8 hours a day and no OT isnt bad. Ive worked those 11 hours days driving and thought you must be crazy to do this, but i value my time, health, and free time over OT. Obviously not just shirts all day, but moving 20, 30 pound boxes into the 2000 shelf from the slide is much harder than loading them in a dolly and moving them through freight elevators. the majority of packages arent over 30 pounds, im not saying its an easy job either, but some perspective on that from both sides would be healthy overall and thats what im aiming to say, im sure you dont beleive im not a shill, hell this isnt even the real account i use on here, i have another one, but im trying to blur who i am so my center wouldnt pin point who i am, maybe i feel driving is that much easier than pre load which is why i feel this way, but with organization and time management skills, i feel that delivering 20 pound boxes to doors is easier than loading a truck, and the pay increase to someone like myself who came from preload makes a world of difference, regardless of how it came from

You talk like you're the only one who EVER worked preload and then became a RPCD!! I would say the majority of us worked preload/reload before we became drivers. We know the job and what it takes and we know what it takes to be drivers too. Are you so new to driving and still google-eyed by the money your now making that you can't see the forest for the trees?? We deliver plenty more then just shirts or 30-40 lb. packages. My truck is regularly packed front to back and top to bottom with many 60-70 and up packages. I regularly work till 9 p.m. at least two days a week, because management still likes to :censored2: you twice even though you're on the 9.5 list. I've been doing this for 25 years after "paying" my dues for 6 years as a preloader and cover driver. So YOU being cool with someone working as a 22.4 driver for less pay, working weekends, working with no service hours protections,and basically having to "pay their dues" a second time before making it to RPCD...well, I just don't understand your logic. The fact that you're using a secret second account to post your thoughts speaks volumes. Are you this much of a coward when management asks you to do something?? I bet you're the center whipping boy!

El Correcto

god is dead
Can you paragraph that out for me?

542thruNthru

i picked fedex employee but im not

giphy-35.gif

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
you wanna know if you work isnt available as a driver? You can work pre load or other PT work and bump someone and make the driver rate inside, or do you not have that in you region. or you just refuse to work anything other than driving because theres a lot of laid off drivers that would rather just sit at home waiting to drive than work pre load on mondays at a driver rate
You avoided the real issue which didn't surprise me, the issue is we the RCPD's should be guaranteed 8hrs a day 5 days a week. You can put sugar on a turd but in the end it is still a turd. Their are already drivers that do not work Mondays due to Saturday and do not get the option to bump part time jobs due to lack of available work. Show me in the master where it states one day off due to work not available equals laid off. It does not state that now and does not state that in the current TA. Please before you go on a rant try to do some research into what you are talking about and STFU.

specter208

theyd be making less than a regular RPCD, but more than anything close to what theyd make in preload, I dont think its a scam, idk if youve ever worked pre load, but i can tell you that i would gladly take being overworked for 12 hours a day on a weekend at 20 an hour than waking up at 2am to make 11 an hour to load 4 trucks for 4 hours. im not a shill, im just from pre load, you might be a little disconnected as to what its like to make 11 an hour, but it sucks, especially to bruise your body for 11 an hour. 8 hours a day and no OT isnt bad. Ive worked those 11 hours days driving and thought you must be crazy to do this, but i value my time, health, and free time over OT. Obviously not just shirts all day, but moving 20, 30 pound boxes into the 2000 shelf from the slide is much harder than loading them in a dolly and moving them through freight elevators. the majority of packages arent over 30 pounds, im not saying its an easy job either, but some perspective on that from both sides would be healthy overall and thats what im aiming to say, im sure you dont beleive im not a shill, hell this isnt even the real account i use on here, i have another one, but im trying to blur who i am so my center wouldnt pin point who i am, maybe i feel driving is that much easier than pre load which is why i feel this way, but with organization and time management skills, i feel that delivering 20 pound boxes to doors is easier than loading a truck, and the pay increase to someone like myself who came from preload makes a world of difference, regardless of how it came from
How long you been with UPS preloading? Preloading is a lot easier when you know how to play the game.