• always trying to be funny in the comments

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • actually come to BC to give legit advice

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • fedex employee

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters

clean hairy

the majority of people on this site, and really at work too, have been with the company for multiple years if not multiple decades. All these senior drivers have gotten so entitled that the idea of a new 22.4 driver taking some overtime makes them scared. Countless people ive talked to have complained about missing their kids grow up, pains in there bodies, divorce etc because of the long hours and yet you still want to claw on to the idea of 11 hour days. Im not a shill, but coming from pre load and working as a driver im very appreciative of the large pay bump. The fact that most of you are scared that many people that have 2 jobs, and can barely afford food are trying to become a 22.4 is sad. It balances the work load to not overwork a few people and balance it out more.
Im glad the bidlist in my center is filled up. That fear is driven by greed it seems. at 36 an hour making 75k if not more a year, how much more money do you actually need, because you're definitely not enjoying it out all day on the road. You're making more than many people with degrees and deliver packages with great benefits. Yeah its stressful sometimes but its not a skilled job, so many are blind about what they have and cant appreciate it. Get over yourself, you deliver shirts for a living at 36 an hour, and are keeping up with inflation. Ill now open it up for discussion of retired upsers, former angry employees, people who dont work even work here, and people with no social life to try and be funny in these comments. and also the upsers with a lot of seniority who have a lot of ups wisdom
Hello Dave!

WTFm8

It's funny you can always tell the people that don't drive or only did it a hand full of times. They think the job is so easy. I did preload for 9 years. It wasn't easy but driving isn't either.

Driving IS easy... when you're running a couple air savers and missloads hahahaha.

Strap the bluetooth speaker to the dash and cruise the county for 5-8 hours putting on 150 miles to move maybe 20 small packages.

Returntosender

You say you’re working as a driver. A full time driver?

I’m not scared of 22.4 drivers, I’m concerned that the company is trying to break the union and the union itself is complicit.
employees need to learn the language so they defend themselves. The more they informed the better is it for them

UrFellowUpser

I want my overtime these 9.5 days are not enough. Im a cover driver and not on the 9.5 list but Ive noticed most routes i cover are 8 to 9.5 hrs

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
were not in the 80's anymore. you could do that because what you made then is roughly what PL makes now, but the cost of everything else has risen, thats a whole other discussion for another thread. And how would you describe ground driving, because it seems like any work you do is in the context that only you can do it. Thats makes this whole thread go full cirlce. The work isn't as impossible as you describe it. really, and ive worked pre load long enough to know what its like lol in refernce to another thing i said, im trying to blur personal details, ive unloaded trailers, loaded trucks ,sorted,

I was too young to work, in the 80's, bud. I had up to five jobs at once around a decade ago. I never called ground driving impossible, you chose that word, and I never said only I could do it, that was you again. I already said that I couldn't argue that 22.4 is a better deal for at least some part timers. But, if this contract goes through, I'd bet we'll be having a conversation in 5 years about how it's not fair that 22.4's make less than rpcd.

The union is claiming that 22.4 is the answer to the complaints from drivers working Saturdays. If given the choice between a t-s ground driving job and a 22.4 job, I'd go for the t-s ground job. Those who think 22.4 is their ticket out of part time, they may still have to wait for years to go 22.4, and when they get there, they might get stuck there.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I totally understand what you're saying, but shouldn't we all put our jobs/livelihood on the line until they bring back to the table that center managers must remain at the building until the last driver punches out?

That is why we need to create "Hybrid Management" positions. It is called flexibility, great idea, make it happen...

AwashBwashCwash

Why do you want to make less money than the next guy

I don't care what the next guy is making, I care what I'm making, and 22.4 is :censored2:ing DOUBLE what I make.
You make 36 an hour or whatever? Good for you! I was never going to make that at this company anyways. We have old ass drivers who can barely walk at my center still hanging on to their job with a death grip. Dudes are 65 year old alcoholics and still somehow keep showing up every day. You'd think one of them would just retire and get the hell out the way so one of these part time guys in their late 20s can finally start a family but I guess they gotta have one more bass boat before they kick the bucket.

I don't care what the next guy is making, I care what I'm making, and 22.4 is :censored2:ing DOUBLE what I make.
You make 36 an hour or whatever? Good for you! I was never going to make that at this company anyways. We have old ass drivers who can barely walk at my center still hanging on to their job with a death grip. Dudes are 65 year old alcoholics and still somehow keep showing up every day. You'd think one of them would just retire and get the hell out the way so one of these part time guys in their late 20s can finally start a family but I guess they gotta have one more bass boat before they kick the bucket.
It's called putting your time in and paying your dues.

jaker

trolling
Why do you feel you was never going to make 36 a hour and by the way I hope you are not to far down the pole because all those 65 year olds are getting replace by 40 year olds right now and that means a even longer wait

twoweeled

the majority of people on this site, and really at work too, have been with the company for multiple years if not multiple decades. All these senior drivers have gotten so entitled that the idea of a new 22.4 driver taking some overtime makes them scared. Countless people ive talked to have complained about missing their kids grow up, pains in there bodies, divorce etc because of the long hours and yet you still want to claw on to the idea of 11 hour days. Im not a shill, but coming from pre load and working as a driver im very appreciative of the large pay bump. The fact that most of you are scared that many people that have 2 jobs, and can barely afford food are trying to become a 22.4 is sad. It balances the work load to not overwork a few people and balance it out more.
Im glad the bidlist in my center is filled up. That fear is driven by greed it seems. at 36 an hour making 75k if not more a year, how much more money do you actually need, because you're definitely not enjoying it out all day on the road. You're making more than many people with degrees and deliver packages with great benefits. Yeah its stressful sometimes but its not a skilled job, so many are blind about what they have and cant appreciate it. Get over yourself, you deliver shirts for a living at 36 an hour, and are keeping up with inflation. Ill now open it up for discussion of retired upsers, former angry employees, people who dont work even work here, and people with no social life to try and be funny in these comments. and also the upsers with a lot of seniority who have a lot of ups wisdom
How many company Shills have you known, consider themselves a Shill? It seems to me, a Shill doesn't know he's a Shill.
Either way, I'm betting that management loves you, and you care. Let's talk in 10 years and see if you feel the same?

Maplewood

Believe it or not the company can relieve the massive overtime without 22'4s. If Orion was turned off and If all the :censored2:ers that take RO's every week would insist on working every day there would be no need for these huge 9.5 lists. Giving 10 Ro's and working everyone else 12 hours is a management decision and the RO whores are complicit. Makes no sense to me.

CitizenTruth

Did he say deliver shirts? Lol I'll remember that line next time i lug a mattress up 3 flights of stairs

siouxman

siouxman
You make some valid points

rocket man

So you want PT workers to make more but are ok with drivers taking their work so that they make even less?

How would you feel if I bumped you every Monday? You going home because no work is available for you. Pretty sure you'd be :censored2:.
you guys and women can do my route every monday. Let me know on friday? And have a good time. I still get 40 hours .Im good to go