Important Update on Negotiations!!!

This one is for @hyena
3o7TKnWRcaMEGJcKxq.gif

Lead

I Jack, I Rob, I Sin, I’m Jackie Robinson!!!!
Problem is our BA is rarely seen lately. I don't believe he ever really shows up to the late shifts (5-10pm).

It's actually the PT workers that are spear heading this petition. He's a good guy but does need to be seen more in my opinion.

Being around to answer question and address issues in front of your members makes members love you.
I always liked talking to people face to face. It feels good walking into an operation and the disturbance to management is priceless. I’m there a lot so they sort of get used to it. At the beginning they didn’t know what to think. Now they just know they are going to see me and I’m going to stay on top of the issues. Like I said I had the best mentor and BA, in my opinion and a lot of others opinion to learn from. He saved my job when I thought UPS had me. UPS pays you a good living and 40 k in benefits for a full timer, but can be quite evil to its employees. I witnessed the evil and instead of curling up into a ball it made me even more hungry to pinch the bull in the nose. I wouldn’t be where I am without the people I had that had my back. Loyalty

Lead

I Jack, I Rob, I Sin, I’m Jackie Robinson!!!!
I just became a steward. So now I know who to ask when my BA doesn't answer his phone
I’ll try and answer questions when I can, but expect to have zero chance to participate in this site during the week and some weekends. If I can help you out I will PM me!!

dogs.bite.me

This is a good site for information but always remember everywhere is different. So check your contract before taking what you read to heart.

Thanks for becoming a steward. Good luck.

I know my contract pretty well, but it's the technical stuff that gets me.

Things like the proper procedure for punishment.. etc etc.

So when they ask me to come and be union rep, I ask if it's for discipline and about what, then call my ba.

I'm learning more and more every day, but still have plenty to learn

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

So when they ask me to come and be union rep, I ask if it's for discipline and about what, then call my ba.

you need this book!!!!
image.jpg

542thruNthru

Remember you can always stop a meeting to talk to your member. This helps a lot and annoys management. You'll learn.. I've said before a good steward is always learning and one that thinks he knows everything will fall behind.

Also remember if you don't know the answer tell the member that but assure him that you will find out and let him know ASAP. Never guess.

dogs.bite.me

Remember you can always stop a meeting to talk to your member. This helps a lot and annoys management. You'll learn.. I've said before a good steward is always learning and one that thinks he knows everything will fall behind.

Also remember if you don't know the answer tell the member that but assure him that you will find out and let him know ASAP. Never guess.

Good tips.

I frequently tell the people that if I don't know I'll find out. Not a guessing person here.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

And ALWAYS assume they know the answer every question they ask. They are trying to catch you in a lie to use “dishonestly “