Important Update on Negotiations!!!

Lead

I Jack, I Rob, I Sin, I’m Jackie Robinson!!!!
Somehow I already knew that.
If you want to grow you get stretched.
It's part of life.

But liking what you do is the grease in the bearing that endures and
overrides the rough spots.
The average hourly will never relate to what you carry for them.
That’s a very true statement. Thank you for it. Being a steward is a thankless job, a BA is a very rewarding job with twice the thanklessness. I have a good mentor and teacher, who I got to shadow for a long time. I’ve always cared, sometimes to the point of unhealthiness. I’m surprised I’ve made it as far as I have in life and am thankful to still be alive and kicking. Thank you for your kind words!

542thruNthru

When I envisioned myself as a ba for years I envisioned a ba who spent a lot of time in the operation with the members. I have an awesome boss who lets me spend a lot of time at UPS. Ups is what I know and it works out. Members want to see you. The ones who like you and the ones who don’t like you. If you are there there is less the boss is going to try and pull with the member. If the boss thinks you could pop in anytime I keeps people on their toes.

Problem is our BA is rarely seen lately. I don't believe he ever really shows up to the late shifts (5-10pm).

It's actually the PT workers that are spear heading this petition. He's a good guy but does need to be seen more in my opinion.

Being around to answer question and address issues in front of your members makes members love you.

Gimme Danger

@wide load you will be disappointed in the 9.5 language. You didn't get what you wanted.
The harassment language is weak at best too.
The hybrid driver stuff is the biggest sellout since the 1982 contract (i.e. the 22.2 full timers red-circled and low pay part timers).

542thruNthru

Mind your business

giphy-19.gif

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
@wide load you will be disappointed in the 9.5 language. You didn't get what you wanted.
The harassment language is weak at best too.
The hybrid driver stuff is the biggest sellout since the 1982 contract (i.e. the 22.2 full timers red-circled and low pay part timers).
I figured as much. Easy no vote for me. Abney gets a 22% raise and we get the same language as last contract? Pitiful. Taylor kicking of committee members, for what? It’s easy to know nothing is changing. Maybe 3 years from now I’ll be happier.