Improper Use of Speedy Dry "On Topic"

FEGuy

Have you read the MSDS and safe handling instructions for speedy dry?
Many, many times. And they are not MSDS's anymore. Only SDS's. I forget when they changed. Once again, and I've said it now twice already. If the spilled material is NOT a hazardous material, oil dry on the floor is really not too big a deal, aside from the obvious slipping hazard, which would occur with ANY residue on a floor.

FEGuy

If a spilled substance is unknown, how is it to be handled?

It is to be treated the same as a hazardous.
DMP responders are trained in handling "unknown" spills. There is a formal procedure. You can get all this information by talking to any current DMP responder. Or, the process is overseen by the PE Department. Just go talk to them. I'm not sure a message board thread is the best way to find out this information. I mean, none of this is a secret.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Many, many times. And they are not MSDS's anymore. Only SDS's. I forget when they changed. Once again, and I've said it now twice already. If the spilled material is NOT a hazardous material, oil dry on the floor is really not too big a deal, aside from the obvious slipping hazard, which would occur with ANY residue on a floor.
SDS that is what I meant.

Other than that I disagree with the rest.

Integrity

Binge Poster
DMP responders are trained in handling "unknown" spills. There is a formal procedure. You can get all this information by talking to any current DMP responder. Or, the process is overseen by the PE Department. Just go talk to them. I'm not sure a message board thread is the best way to find out this information. I mean, none of this is a secret.
By the way spills are treated you would think it is a secret.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The formal procedure is to simply follow the flow charts given to you. Basically, if it's an unknown, you first test PH to find whether it's acid or base, then use sodium bicarbonate if needed to balance PH.