Plant Engineering with Integrity

watdaflock?

Sometimes our belts stop moving. Usually its because of too much weight. Our PE department waits 5 minutes until the packages are off the belts and they begin moving again.

Hope this helps.

watdaflock?

Was this stopping because of an electrical overload or was the belt slipping on the drive pulley?
I'm assuming E O/L only because no squeaking/burning-smell from an overworked belt. Everything seems fine....suddenly the belts stop.

Ya know how it is, certain PC's get the bulk of their stuff off of one trailer. Ya get a handful of bulk stops all at once - GL with dat'.

detmaintainer

Detroit Maintenance Rat
We had a maintenance man retire lately that collected over $15,000 dollars in tool allowances over his career. He never bought a tool in his life. No screwdrivers sockets or wrenches matched or were a complete set. You could tell everything he had was fall out!

Integrity

Binge Poster
We had a maintenance man retire lately that collected over $15,000 dollars in tool allowances over his career. He never bought a tool in his life. No screwdrivers sockets or wrenches matched or were a complete set. You could tell everything he had was fall out!
Contractual tool allowances?

Integrity

Binge Poster
How much experience do have dealing with UPS PE?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Yes contractual tool allowances. Old timers got $35 a month. We get $350 a year now. I have been a UPS PE mechanic for 20 years.
$350 a year that is great. The mechanic I talk received a 1 time tool allowance at time of contract ratification.

PE mechanics got $275.00.

Last edited: