Inaccuracies in overall attendance record.

snarts

I asked for a copy of my attendance record and saw that I was marked late 5 times since September, days in which came in on time, including on a Saturday which is a optional day for me since I'm scheduled to work Mon-Fri. Also I was incorrectly fired for a week, it was overturned because I was originally given a notice of suspension for not following methods but they somehow went back on what they and my shop steward agreed upon and changed it to notice of discharge. Since I wasn't supposed to get discharge they changed it to a 5 day suspension on my record even though I've never been suspended before.

Any advice on how I should tackle this? Should I talk about it to my sup and make him correct this? I work in the preload and they are always looking to get rid of guys with senority and I feel they have enough ammunition if I don't get this fixed.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had a scheduled day off last week and I was marked down as a no call. If I didn't check upser and contacted my sup it would of stayed like that. I figured this could of been done before.

To be blunt, it sounds like you are a problem child with a history of attendance issues and an inability to follow prescribed methods.

snarts

To be blunt, it sounds like you are a problem child with a history of attendance issues and an inability to follow prescribed methods.
I haven't been late in the past 4 months which is why I'm taking issues with having 5 lates on my record including one on Saturday when I'm not scheduled to work on that day.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Sounds like the management person who is doing timecards isn't doing his/her job right.
It is in everybody's best interest that timecards are produced properly.
If they screwed up your timecard, how many others have been improperly done ?

I would tell your steward AND make HR aware that they are coding timecards wrong that can lead to unwarranted discipline.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
You can see on the upsers site when they mark it yellow on the time card. I have had to go to the center manager twice after seeing I was marked twice late. ( I am always in 20 min before start time)

Box Ox

How can you be when you're sorting your 2000 shelf a half hour before start time. LOL

1953617_o.gif

Returntosender

When your term got reduced to suspension
Did you get any paperwork saying that? If yes show your union that and they should inform management to have the termination reduced to suspension

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I asked for a copy of my attendance record and saw that I was marked late 5 times since September, days in which came in on time, including on a Saturday which is a optional day for me since I'm scheduled to work Mon-Fri. Also I was incorrectly fired for a week, it was overturned because I was originally given a notice of suspension for not following methods but they somehow went back on what they and my shop steward agreed upon and changed it to notice of discharge. Since I wasn't supposed to get discharge they changed it to a 5 day suspension on my record even though I've never been suspended before.

Any advice on how I should tackle this? Should I talk about it to my sup and make him correct this? I work in the preload and they are always looking to get rid of guys with senority and I feel they have enough ammunition if I don't get this fixed.
file a grievance, make them prove it

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
file a grievance, make them prove it
Sounds like they don’t like you, when you go in to a panel for any issue you have they will pull your history up to prove that you are a problem for the company and will use this against you to get the result they want. Definitely would try to fix this issue so it doesn’t become a bigger issue down the road. Can’t give you any info on how to do that. I would start with going to the union about it and see what they say or if they can do anything.