Inappropriate behaviour poll

What action would you take for inappropriate behaviour?

• Grin and bare, er BEAR it.

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Report to management team.

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Tell customer, "Stop it!"

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Accept the advances and begin dating.

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Hit customer in head with DIAD

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Report to police, FBI, or SWAT

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Give it right back to him!

Votes: 9 16.4%

• Total voters

Tony31yrs

Treat him like any other customer while being careful not to say anything that would be misconstrued and possibly lead him on. If it goes any further, make it clear that you aren't interested or talk about your wife or girlfriend. Don't confront him too strongly and tick him off so that he may make a formal complaint. I would also have it on record with the center and the union to avoid any future problems.
I had a friend who joked around with a married woman who was the owner of a shop. She was always cool with it and joked back until one day, she complained that he was coming on to her. The funny thing was, that he was a real hound, but she wasn't the type that he would look twice at and he got away with a lot worse with women he would love to have "bedded". Ironic! In order to keep his job of 20+ years, he wound up having to get off his bid route and run cover until another bid opened up.

feeder53

ADKtrails
My advice would be to mention it to my sup and then when the individual acts in the same way, I would just explain that it is not acceptable and ask that he refrain from such actions in a business like manner.

doctor brown 688

Funny,I was in this situation a few years back.XXX video and adult toy store w/preview booths,it wasn't the owner but rather a frequent customer.The lady who ran the place had pre-warned me of the infatuation and I did my best to avoid any contact.But he eventually followed me out to my truck and asked if I wanted to take a little break,preview a movie with him(he said it would be worth my time! Ha Ha) Anyway, I let him down gently.Most at the hub got a good laugh out of it,but there were a few of our more distinguished rednecks that did not find it amusing.If you get in this situation regardless of your feelings on the subject, why would you be mean or rude and risk your job? While I worked part-time UPS I also worked for an electronics company installing phone systems,alarms etc.,after a few weeks working I figured out the owner was gay.He never made any advances and was by far the best guy I ever worked for!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I voted to hit him in the head with my DIAD. I have actually had this happen to me. I have a gay doctor on my area and his boyfriend would hit on me. I always ignored him and told him to "have a good day" and then I would drive off. Every time I got my haircut or wore my shorts, he would make some kind of compliment. I used to wear a mustache for about twenty five years. I shaved it off one morning and this guy was the only one who said something that day. Talk about hurting one's ego! I'm glad the happy couple finally broke up and he moved away.