Increased Stop Count Reactions

Off the leash

It helps if you don't have a family or kids. Or were already married when you started UPS.
Tough with kids, my son was already in bed when I got home when he was young. Sucked. But I worked to give him a better life. Today he makes 6 figures and works from home. No filthy hands and legs
The second type of driver is the only type you can be. Anyone doing it any different than that is clueless. There is zero stress involved when you’re the second driver. It also drives management nuts when you’re the second driver. They want people invested. They love mad drivers who bitch and moan. Show up, punch in, verify airs, work at a safe pace, follow every single method. Bring back missed. File any necessary grievances. Confirm check is in bank account on Friday morning. Rinse and repeat.
Any driver caught sorting his or her truck of the clock should be fined by the union. Repeat offenders should be suspended. If you see it report to the steward. They’re only screwing the poor bastard that has to cover that route when they’re out. And they make all the others look bad. Don’t need ass kissers

ManInBrown

Tough with kids, my son was already in bed when I got home when he was young. Sucked. But I worked to give him a better life. Today he makes 6 figures and works from home. No filthy hands and legs

Any driver caught sorting his or her truck of the clock should be fined by the union. Repeat offenders should be suspended. If you see it report to the steward. They’re only screwing the poor bastard that has to cover that route when they’re out. And they make all the others look bad. Don’t need ass kissers
Yup. We had a scared little runner that would come in every morning and sort his truck. I never saw it but drivers that came in early but didn’t work for free did. A couple drivers got in his face after repeatedly telling him to stop doing it. He went and complained to our center manager at the time. She flipped. Start threatening drivers with notice of discharge if they kept harassing the runner.

Off the leash

Yup. We had a scared little runner that would come in every morning and sort his truck. I never saw it but drivers that came in early but didn’t work for free did. A couple drivers got in his face after repeatedly telling him to stop doing it. He went and complained to our center manager at the time. She flipped. Start threatening drivers with notice of discharge if they kept harassing the runner.
My barn was very strict about it, the union wouldn’t stand for it. Ironically it was some of the oldest drivers doing it!

Off the leash

Off course management let’s you sort your truck early because it ultimately helps them. It’s violating union policy, no one works off the clock!! Are you effing crazy? We busted our balls to get what we have and now your giving it away? Those drivers should be shunned or talked to in the parking lot.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Grieve it. not asking from the top down for extra work
Only had to do it once union made sure I got paid for it
Runner gunners mad as hell mgr told them if he catches them in pkg car before start time he’s starting progressive discipline
Beautiful thing it was

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Runner gunners mad as hell mgr told them if he catches them in pkg car before start time he’s starting progressive discipline
Beautiful thing it was
Once the old drivers in the office find out you’ve been working off the clock you’re toast 😂
Grievance city. It’s incredible.

Off the leash

Beautiful thing it was
There ya go. That’s how’s done

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Had a driver here run out of gas because he was too scared about running over

✊🧔
Dude that’s my favorite thing ever when that happens
I mean seriously, you’re a professional driver. You drive 50+ hours every single week
And you allow yourself to run out of gas???? In the COMPANY VEHICLE? 😂

Off the leash

The second type of driver is the only type you can be. Anyone doing it any different than that is clueless. There is zero stress involved when you’re the second driver. It also drives management nuts when you’re the second driver. They want people invested. They love mad drivers who bitch and moan. Show up, punch in, verify airs, work at a safe pace, follow every single method. Bring back missed. File any necessary grievances. Confirm check is in bank account on Friday morning. Rinse and repeat.

Black Friday still optional here. Didn’t work. Year before I left for feeders they tell everyone you can start at 7:30am on Monday. I was the only driver that didn’t start early. 72 drivers I was the only one. I stroll in at the start time without a care in the world. Not a single driver there. Every truck gone but mine. Walk over to my load, bricked. With an entire days work piled behind that didn’t fit. My center manager had smoke coming out of his ears because I didn’t start early. It was a beautiful sight to see on my way out of the building🤣
Classic

Off the leash

I must admit I used to be the guy that got all bent out of shape and went and complained to everyone who would listen. Then I would work for free trying frantically to sort the load.

Now, I shut the door and let Jesus take the wheel.
Around 1pm I send a message saying looking at a 14 hour day with possible missed by the end. Now it’s up to them. I am done reacting, that’s what they want. Management gets off on that stupid * because they’re miserable.
Many of us have been there. It takes time to let it go. Truck and boxes will be there tomorrow, what doesn’t get done today will get done then

Off the leash

I must admit I used to be the guy that got all bent out of shape and went and complained to everyone who would listen. Then I would work for free trying frantically to sort the load.

Now, I shut the door and let Jesus take the wheel.
Around 1pm I send a message saying looking at a 14 hour day with possible missed by the end. Now it’s up to them. I am done reacting, that’s what they want. Management gets off on that stupid * because they’re miserable.
Numbers game