Increased Stop Count Reactions

Off the leash

100%. I work the same no matter what, unless I’m tired then I physically have to slow down. Just bring in my pickups, I’ll stay out all night doing resis. Misloads- I deliver every single one that I can. 10 minutes away, 30 minutes away, doesn’t matter. Have to take care of the customer.
Freakin preload throws stuff in the truck towards the end of shift to get rid of it.

Off the leash

The preload can’t keep up with the flow so they lose count. The stop counter would say 90 and you’d end up with 115. Day after day. I used to flip out on the belt several times a week, especially when there was a pile at the back of the truck that didn’t belong to me. Gradually I realized that no one gives a :censored2:. So I would pile everything in the truck, pull the door shut and drive away. Call at pick up time with the bad news that I found 10 or 15 misloads. Best if they were businesses that already closed too. Got one warning letter which I refused to sign. Eventually they realized I wouldn’t be effed with. Takes a thick skin and patience but it’s doable.

Off the leash

The amazing thing is that anyone can do this job. It takes a special breed. We are the only ones who really know just how brutal this company is to work for. People see it as a good paying job but don’t see the toll it takes on your mind your body and your family life. The money is a trap. You start to live the lifestyle it affords and then you can’t leave because you can’t afford to. When was starting the old timers would warn me, quit before you get to top rate, I never understood. I do now. Ups will never change, they will wring every ounce of sweat out of you then throw you away.

ManInBrown

The amazing thing is that anyone can do this job. It takes a special breed. We are the only ones who really know just how brutal this company is to work for. People see it as a good paying job but don’t see the toll it takes on your mind your body and your family life. The money is a trap. You start to live the lifestyle it affords and then you can’t leave because you can’t afford to. When was starting the old timers would warn me, quit before you get to top rate, I never understood. I do now. Ups will never change, they will wring every ounce of sweat out of you then throw you away.
I don’t even fault them for wringing every ounce of sweat out of drivers. You’ll never make the money we make, to do the same job somewhere else. Package or feeders. Doesn’t matter. I don’t blame them one bit for how they act and treat drivers. But be prepared to take that same treatment right back from drivers that have a set and don’t roll over and play dead. I wouldn’t have pissed on one of my on cars in package, if they were on the side of the road on fire. As long as my check was in my bank acct every Friday morning all was good. It’s a cold hearted company.

clean hairy

Off course management let’s you sort your truck early because it ultimately helps them. It’s violating union policy, no one works off the clock!! Are you effing crazy? We busted our balls to get what we have and now your giving it away? Those drivers should be shunned or talked to in the parking lot.
Or, name them Dave!

Off the leash

I don’t even fault them for wringing every ounce of sweat out of drivers. You’ll never make the money we make, to do the same job somewhere else. Package or feeders. Doesn’t matter. I don’t blame them one bit for how they act and treat drivers. But be prepared to take that same treatment right back from drivers that have a set and don’t roll over and play dead. I wouldn’t have pissed on one of my on cars in package, if they were on the side of the road on fire. As long as my check was in my bank acct every Friday morning all was good. It’s a cold hearted company.
Other places pay less true but they don’t brutalize their people either. They hate the fact they have to pay us so much

ManInBrown

Other places pay less true but they don’t brutalize their people either. They hate the fact they have to pay us so much
I would take being disrespected every day and being paid well, over rainbows and lollipops and making $15 an hour. Didn’t bother me one bit in package. In a sick way actually thought it was funny and slightly enjoyable. Because it allowed me to be an A hole right back. Very little disrespect in feeders. Basically non existent.

Off the leash

I would take being disrespected every day and being paid well, over rainbows and lollipops and making $15 an hour. Didn’t bother me one bit in package. In a sick way actually thought it was funny and slightly enjoyable. Because it allowed me to be an A hole right back. Very little disrespect in feeders. Basically non existent.
I wouldn’t work for $15 an hr. Why do you think they pay us do well? Who would do it for less once they saw what it’s like. Not everyone is in feeders brother.

Off the leash

I wouldn’t work for $15 an hr. Why do you think they pay us do well? Who would do it for less once they saw what it’s like. Not everyone is in feeders brother.
I can be an a hole with the best of em. Get a sup alone and you can call him anything you want, your word against his. And I don’t like lollipops either.

BrownSnowFlake

Dude that’s my favorite thing ever when that happens
I mean seriously, you’re a professional driver. You drive 50+ hours every single week
And you allow yourself to run out of gas???? In the COMPANY VEHICLE? 😂
In our building we have a few trucks with broken fuel gauges that always read empty no matter how much is in the tank.
And we also have a few trucks that the gas will back up and overflow unless you hold the nozzle at the exact right angle.
So give the guy a break, maybe his coworkers and management team set him up to fail by not filling the truck every day.

Off the leash

In our building we have a few trucks with broken fuel gauges that always read empty no matter how much is in the tank.
And we also have a few trucks that the gas will back up and overflow unless you hold the nozzle at the exact right angle.
So give the guy a break, maybe his coworkers and management team set him up to fail by not filling the truck every day.
Hey! Car wash fills those cars every night! I ought know I fill em……sometimes

pkgdriver

Yep we have had two pkg cars run out with 20-24% on the fuel gauge.

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
I have noticed that there are two types of route drivers in this company. When faced with increasing stop counts, the first type of route driver takes it personally. They are either in the office before start time complaining to dispatch, they come in early to sort their truck (off the clock), or they simply just run through the route. The second type of driver, my personal favorite, is the driver that drops anchor like an aircraft carrier in port. They don't come in any earlier than normal. If the route is blown out, they simply punch in, check their air and leave. No room for pickups? Oh well, cover them, ORS. ETA return to building 22:58? Send help, if you want. These drivers seem to maintain their sanity longer than the runners/old timers that lose their mind when a bit more work is added to their route. There is nothing more beautiful than watching the management team scramble to send help to a driver at top pay that doesn't give a single fawk and will scan 45 stops missed at the end of the night.
I get paid by the hour and the more i get paid, the sooner i get to retire.

WorknLateHuh

The more stops, the slower i go.

this isn't out of spite. It's simple... Drivers can't sustain long term overwhelming peak like volume and "move with a sense of urgency". If you pile on the work day after day, your sense of urgency is going out the window.

Cowboy Mac

Hey! Car wash fills those cars every night! I ought know I fill em……sometimes
Always top it off before you leave. Gotta have enough gas to get those misloads on the other side of the county. Yesterday didn’t run out of gas but ran out of hours. I was disappointed I couldn’t make service 💰