Increased Stop Count Reactions

Over70irregs

The amazing thing is that anyone can do this job. It takes a special breed. We are the only ones who really know just how brutal this company is to work for. People see it as a good paying job but don’t see the toll it takes on your mind your body and your family life. The money is a trap. You start to live the lifestyle it affords and then you can’t leave because you can’t afford to. When was starting the old timers would warn me, quit before you get to top rate, I never understood. I do now. Ups will never change, they will wring every ounce of sweat out of you then throw you away.
Before being thrown away I will soak every 9.5, 8.0day, sup working grievance I can get. That is free investment money guys.

BrownStains

You only get away with that because the union protects your job. Anywhere else you would be fired. And I would say you are in the minority, the majority of drivers I work with just want to get the job done and go home at a decent time. If dispatch is piling on then go talk to them like an adult and ask for a few less stops. No need to play these childish games just to get a better dispatch.

Off the leash

We all work or have worked like animals for this company, but when they constantly over dispatch or try to punish you, you have to slow down take one stop at a time and get in when you get in. It isn’t easy to do because those of us who lasted in this place are hard workers who take care of our customers and don’t want to have bring back work. I loved a cleaned out truck but you have to draw a line somewhere or this company will kill you. friend… em
Working at a steady pace is childish? Asking for less stops is naive, they’ll laugh in your face. Maybe if you ask nicely and say please

Over70irregs

You only get away with that because the union protects your job. Anywhere else you would be fired. And I would say you are in the minority, the majority of drivers I work with just want to get the job done and go home at a decent time. If dispatch is piling on then go talk to them like an adult and ask for a few less stops. No need to play these childish games just to get a better dispatch.
I understand those who are apprehensive or reticent about filing. Management friendzone I am not. No negotiations. Leave no $ on the table. PVD’s are going down your throat sirs/gals. Stack your chips.

Cowboy Mac

Working at a steady pace is childish? Asking for less stops is naive, they’ll laugh in your face. Maybe if you ask nicely and say please
Sometimes please isn’t enough.
F22985F1-9A98-4571-8DC9-98EBDEB6A4A2.gif

Over70irregs

Hey scared grievance filers!!! Word of advice. When you have your ride-a-long and they ask you about your “home life”, all they want is info to screw you over. Tell them your wife loves grievance checks and your son/daughter wants new NIKE shoes each month at no additional cost. I have one more for ya but I’m saving it.

35years

Gravy route
Don’t talk at all, drives em crazy. Carry a lunch and stop at the specified time in the middle of no where so they can’t eat.
They want you to talk to get info to screw you later...Yes.

They also want you to talk so you lose concentration, don't do everything by the book, take shortcuts etc.

I tell them to be quiet so I can do my job. Do everything by the book. All driver release out of sight and the weather...set all boxes on the steps before exiting the vehicle...indirect attempts...No questionable releases...complete stops...proper full pretrip...etc.

It is nearly impossible to do all this while someone engages in conversation, unless you do it all this way all day, every day. I don't talk during rides.

Off the leash

They also want you to talk so you lose concentration, don't do everything by the book, take shortcuts etc.

I tell them to be quiet so I can do my job. Do everything by the book. All driver release out of sight and the weather...set all boxes on the steps before exiting the vehicle...indirect attempts...No questionable releases...complete stops...proper full pretrip...etc.

It is nearly impossible to do all this while someone engages in conversation, unless you do it all this way all day, every day. I don't talk during rides.
They’re your friend all of a sudden. Yeah right! Tell them nothing. It’ll be used against you later.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.

My ors usually has a sudden emergency and has to be picked up about 3 hrs into my "safety " ride. It's usually not a pleasant experience for him. Oh well.