Interested in switching from preload to local sort

konsole

How is the unload on the local sort? The people that unload the package cars when they come back with all their pickups. I'm interested in trying that but I wonder if its only a small group that does the unload and even 12 years seniority wont get me into it? Anyone do the unload on the local sort? Whats it like?

konsole

Trailers get unloaded on the local sort also? I assume they use the extendos when unloading the trailers on the local sort? Either unloading the package cars or trailers sounds better then loading the trailers. Atleast with the package cars your handling alot more at waist height or higher and the scenery changes frequently as you move from truck to truck. Then with unloading the trailers again atleast your handling alot more at waist height or higher. I really didnt like loading the trailers and picking up every package off the ground as they had the rollers laid on the ground instead of propped up. Plus when loading the trailers you have to keep up with the pace that the packages are rolling in on the rollers. Atleast with unloading the trailers or package cars you can work at a more reasonable pace since the packages arent being forced in your face.

I dunno, any input on my thoughts here would be good.