International election results! GO HOFFA!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
When the ballot counting stopped for the evening, this is how it ended:

1) HOFFA 47627 or 52.67% of the vote.

2) Gegare 26257 or 29% of the vote.

3) Pope 16535 or 18% of the vote.

A special note to mamirk, you said you dont believe in people who do predictions. But as of the end of the day today, HOFFA is at 52.67% and I predicted 53%.

I would hope you would accept that understanding elections and trends plays a major part of the electoral process. Both Pope and Gegare are at 47% of the vote, again, just as I said they would be, with the only misfire on my part being that I did not give Fred more credit and gave Pope TOO much credit.

Either way, I am dead on balls accurate.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Mean and cruel.you have no respect.Everyone is entitled to an opinion,yet you belittle someone who
has one.

Its not mean or cruel. Those of us still in the trenches are the only ones who matter. A retired UPSer has NO IDEA what is happening in the yards any longer and cannot be relevant to the current discussion. Its a different world at UPS. Its ever changing. While I respect all retirees, ones who jump onto an election thread for the Teamsters and try to work in a "JAB" at democrats or "liberals" deserves no respect from me.

the "droids", have been endoctrinated........ergo Hoffa wins.............it's kinda like liberals, once you drink the kool-aide...you are incapable of making YOUR OWN mind up.........if the status-quo seems OK, so be it .........glad I'm retired

And thats my opinion.

Peace.

brown bomber

brown bomber
Were glad as well. Old timers should be remembered and not heard.

Peace.
thanks for giving a damn......I spent close to 35 yrs., battling the big brown machine......and now I've been forced to retire due to my body shutting down....you should thank your ASS, that I've went through more crap than you could ever imagine.......workers like myself, are the reason why you still have a retirement available...

brown bomber

brown bomber
by the way........my retirement date is Oct 2012.......You are clueless.....I've dealt w/ the same BS...thanks for treating a pioneer as an *******

brown bomber

brown bomber
I'll turn the OTHER SIDE OF MY ASS to you..........appreciate what you have.........and understand that the ones who went before you paved your way

brown bomber

brown bomber
sorry, my retirement date was Oct., of this year..(2011)........I hope that "the other side", can in fact reach retirement

just wondering what his date of hire was.......mine was 9/22/1977........are you gonna hang around for 30+ yrs. ??

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
sorry, my retirement date was Oct., of this year..(2011)........I hope that "the other side", can in fact reach retirement

just wondering what his date of hire was.......mine was 9/22/1977........are you gonna hang around for 30+ yrs. ??

You should have kept your "bill orielly" impression out of this thread and you wouldnt be blowing a gasket right now.

Im in 22 yrs now and my body is in great shape. Looking to do 35 yrs brother... You want to rant and repeat right wing talking points, hop onto the current events thread and sign up for the C9.

Peace.

brown bomber

brown bomber
so..you're up at 2:22 AM..........and you're gonna give your best effort.......please inform me, if in fact you are a pkg. car driver,...the face of UPS, is the man in brown,..if you don't qualify, for that status........shut the **** up...and good luck.......you don't deserve the uniform

brown bomber

brown bomber
by the way.......I can stay up......because, I can.......and I've also devoted a few hours a week to prayer, at the chapel of my church...4:00-5:00 AM wednesday, and also 8:00-9:00 AM monday.........I pray for all of my friends on Brown Cafe.........along with many others

sorry to be so religious (Christian)......

I'm sure somebody is gonna give me grief, over my show of faith...........God Bless

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In my county, the voter turn out was 49.7% for the last election, so I don't think it is just this election. But Golden Corral gave out free dinners to Vets (which I am not criticizing, they deserve more than a free meal once a year, but that is another subject) but the line was 100 deep all day. Just sayn

Golden Corral gave out free dinners to anyone claiming to be a vet---they did not require proof.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

so..you're up at 2:22 AM..........and you're gonna give your best effort.......please inform me, if in fact you are a pkg. car driver,...the face of UPS, is the man in brown,..if you don't qualify, for that status........shut the **** up...and good luck.......you don't deserve the uniform

To be fair, TOS is from California, so it is 11:22pm.

menotyou

bella amicizia
You should have kept your "bill orielly" impression out of this thread and you wouldnt be blowing a gasket right now.

Im in 22 yrs now and my body is in great shape. Looking to do 35 yrs brother... You want to rant and repeat right wing talking points, hop onto the current events thread and sign up for the C9.

Peace.
What exactly do you do all day? I know of stewards whose job is more gravy than the am air driver at Black River. With that kind of a work load, you could do fifty on one foot.

moreluck

golden ticket member
by the way.......I can stay up......because, I can.......and I've also devoted a few hours a week to prayer, at the chapel of my church...4:00-5:00 AM wednesday, and also 8:00-9:00 AM monday.........I pray for all of my friends on Brown Cafe.........along with many others

I'm sure somebody is gonna give me grief, over my show of faith...........God Bless
We used to have sign-up sheets for perpetual adoration and you'd sign up for an hour of prayer.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

One perspective could lend itself to believe that "drinking" was involved in the creation of your posts. Just saying.

As for your prayers, no need to include me in them. I am a front lines Package Car driver, a former executive officer of the teamsters, and the most senior steward in so california. Ive been a part of three contract negotiations over the years, handled local arbitrations for our members with a winning record, and will be a part of the negotiating committee for my local in 2012/2013.

This thread was and is about the current teamster election, and not a place for you to rant about your right wing leanings.

As I said, if you want to rant about right wing nonsense, hop onto the current events thread and sign up for the C9.

You said you are retired, stay that way. You did your time. Now sit at home and enjoy the benefits that were negoitiated for you over the last 5 decades and dont try to take credit for creating those benefits for others.

You were a part of a collective bargaining agreement, and your contribution to its success depended on guys like me negotiating the terms to which you retired. Enjoy your life and rather than "bag" on liberals or democrats, why not just say "THANK YOU" to your Union and its Officers for creating such a benefit as retirement?

For all the years you worked at UPS, you didnt contribute ONE DIME in to your pension. You can thank the Teamsters. While you cash your check each month, remember that there are plenty of people still in the trenches contributing to that fund from which you withdraw money, you can thank them as well.

Dont come on here and talk about "liberals" as if they are bad, they are what make up the strength and power of the teamsters. We care about all members and their futures.

Its guys like you that take advantage of liberal policies for years, but cash the checks each month without blinking an eye. Its clear you have right wing leanings from the mentioning of "koolaid" and "liberals".

How do you think you got to 35 years? You think UPS wanted you for 35 years?

You best keep the Teamsters in your prayers and ask your god to keep the Teamsters healthy and profitable or you may just see your pension end up at the PBGC where you will get .25 cents on the dollar.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
DRINKING ???!!!!
TOS...if I looked up 'despicable' in the dic, your picture would be there. That's right, I said in the dic!

frank75

Language that has to be censored followed up on pontifications of how religious you are. Hmmm...I pray for people all the time bb, but I don't wear my religion on my sleeve and pull it out to make a point. By the way friend, 10/75 and still active, so I win this bid. Who are you to tell anyone who deserves to wear a brown uniform. Many of these posters don't deserve the efforts of guys like TOS and BUG that are fighting every day so retirement benefits that you enjoy are available. And too many others on these threads blindly supporting the candidates that would wipe that all away. Madness! Thank you TOS and BUG, please ignore these blisters, and keep up the great work of watching out for all of us.