International election results! GO HOFFA!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Well, the east is being counted and so far.. its a bigger blowout for TDU than the south or central. I thought I heard on this board that Sandy Pope was strong in the east???

Early results show HOFFA leading by a 4 to 1 margin on sandy pope. An impressive 2 to 1 margin on fred and NO SIGN that TDU has had any influence on this years election.

This election for general president has to be the most embarrassing for TDU!

We will laugh at these results for months!

Peace.

Inthegame

Language that has to be censored followed up on pontifications of how religious you are. Hmmm...I pray for people all the time bb, but I don't wear my religion on my sleeve and pull it out to make a point. By the way friend, 10/75 and still active, so I win this bid. Who are you to tell anyone who deserves to wear a brown uniform. Many of these posters don't deserve the efforts of guys like TOS and BUG that are fighting every day so retirement benefits that you enjoy are available. And too many others on these threads blindly supporting the candidates that would wipe that all away. Madness! Thank you TOS and BUG, please ignore these blisters, and keep up the great work of watching out for all of us.
Well said my friend. I also thank and congratulate TOS on his prediction. I agree TDU was insignificant this time but the Gegare vote must be reckoned with. Most thought he would finish a distant third, so his stronger showing should get the attention of Hoffa/Hall. Gegare's a bull in a china shop but his message resonated better than Popes.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Hoffa needs to expend some energy making this one big brother/sisterhood. In house fighting just tears us up and makes us weak. Congratulations, Mr. Hoffa.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Well said my friend. I also thank and congratulate TOS on his prediction. I agree TDU was insignificant this time but the Gegare vote must be reckoned with. Most thought he would finish a distant third, so his stronger showing should get the attention of Hoffa/Hall. Gegare's a bull in a china shop but his message resonated better than Popes.

Indeed. Gegare was ALOT stronger that anyone gave him credit for. While he didnt spend much time on the west coast, he did impress me with his showing in all areas. HOFFA will surely win, but that doesnt mean things will stay the same.

Hoffa has heard from many of us, and he has heard about real reforms in enforcement and applications in the future.

If Hoffa fails to provide adequate change in the next five years, Gegare will give him a run for his money should he choose to run again and TDU gets out of the way.

Unfortunately, TDU is like herpes, it comes and goes away, but when its around, its very irritating. They are so bent on division, they will disrupt every election.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Well, all thats left for those persistent TDU whiners is the crying!

The EAST results were devastating for TDU and Fred Gegare.

As of late this evening, the count was as follows:

HOFFA 86345 56% of the vote, in three regions, Hoffa averaged 28781 votes each

Gegare 38755 - in three regions, Fred averaged only 12918 votes each

Pope 27484 - in three regions, POPE averaged only 9161 votes each

Only the west remains, and that wont make a difference to any of the candidates! Turnout was consistent with other years as members just dont take the time to complete a ballot.

CONGRATULATIONS BROTHER HOFFA! Youve been RE- ELECTED !!!

Peace

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Coldworld, I am concerned about excessive overtime, harassment, and my pension. I have never voted for Hoffa, nor do I think either of the other two candidates would have been much better. I see the IBT continuing losing membership and Fred S has out smarted the Teamsters as usual. I was sworn into my Local by Weldon Mathis in 1975. He was on the Executive board of the IBT and was Secretary-General and President for a short time, and also our Local 728 president. He also held two other positions and drew four pensions, so I am well aware of how things work.

Last edited:

hembone

I figured Hoffa would get 56% to 57% of the vote, but Gegare really surprised me. This must be very upsetting to to Sandy Pope. I'm sure she never dreamed she would finish third.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I figured Hoffa would get 56% to 57% of the vote, but Gegare really surprised me. This must be very upsetting to to Sandy Pope. I'm sure she never dreamed she would finish third.

Local 804 did their part to support Pope as they said, but the rest of the east let her down. We wont see her again on the national stage. This humiliating defeat will prevent anyone at TDU from backing her again.

I am surprised at the silence coming from TDU, so far, no claims of cheating or ballot tampering or any other types of nonsense that usually follows an election, and this a sign that TDU accepts it got its ash spanked.

Time to move on , put this election behind us, and get together and start to "air" our ideas and concerns for the next contract. From every aspect of the operation, preload, package and feeder and unload. Hoffa will make a statement shortly after the west is counted today and I am sure he will mention change and moving forward with new ideas.

As for Sandy Pope, she spent alot of money, time , effort and energy. I hope her supporters will help her pay her debts now that she lost, but as I said earlier last month, once she lost the room would go quiet, and it has.

Peace.

hypocrisy

Banned
I have really enjoyed scraping the Sandy Pope stickers her supporters defaced our trailers with over the past month or so.
56.62% as of this morning, helluva landslide way to go HOFFA!

hembone

Local 804 did their part to support Pope as they said, but the rest of the east let her down. We wont see her again on the national stage. This humiliating defeat will prevent anyone at TDU from backing her again.

I am surprised at the silence coming from TDU, so far, no claims of cheating or ballot tampering or any other types of nonsense that usually follows an election, and this a sign that TDU accepts it got its ash spanked.

Time to move on , put this election behind us, and get together and start to "air" our ideas and concerns for the next contract. From every aspect of the operation, preload, package and feeder and unload. Hoffa will make a statement shortly after the west is counted today and I am sure he will mention change and moving forward with new ideas.

As for Sandy Pope, she spent alot of money, time , effort and energy. I hope her supporters will help her pay her debts now that she lost, but as I said earlier last month, once she lost the room would go quiet, and it has.

Peace.
They're blaming the ballot design.

ups clerk

You're pathetic, TOS. Just hope you have a pension by the time you retire. Oh when Hoffa and Hall declared war on harrassment, let's see if they stick to their guns. Or will they now say, "Harrassment? What harrassment? Everything is fine and dandy both union and company are sitting around a camp fire, singing Kumbaya. I can't wait till contract time when Hoffa bends over and tells Scott Davis, 'Thank you sir, may I please have another.:angry:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You're pathetic, TOS. Just hope you have a pension by the time you retire. Oh when Hoffa and Hall declared war on harrassment, let's see if they stick to their guns. Or will they now say, "Harrassment? What harrassment? Everything is fine and dandy both union and company are sitting around a camp fire, singing Kumbaya. I can't wait till contract time when Hoffa bends over and tells Scott Davis, 'Thank you sir, may I please have another.:angry:

Blah blah blah.... more sour grapes.... look sonny, my pension is managed by the western conference of teamsters and not the international, but if you had half a brain, you would know that.

Our pension is solid, growing and paying more to our members than any pension in the USA!

GO Teamsters!

Peace.