Islam

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
In Islam, Taqiya, literally "prudence, fear"is a precautionary dissimulation or denial of religious belief and practice in the face of persecution. Another term for this concept, kitmān (lit. "action of covering, dissimulation"), has a more specific meaning of dissimulation by silence or omission. Basically the Koran states that Shia Muslims that were persecuted by Sunnis can deny or hide religion. But interpreted today on the battlefield, sleeper cells, or foreign host nations; Muslims displaying infidel type behavior to deceive enemies. I.e.: Pork, alcohol, dress, etc.
I have no ill will against these folks. But I swear to God on everything holy they do not want to be compatible with western culture.
Native Americans didn't want to be compatible with European culture either. Europeans didn't care.

Serf

Native Americans didn't want to be compatible with European culture either. Europeans didn't care.
So what is it you are yearning for? A Cherokee Nation in the heartland of America. Like an autonomous province gifted to these folks? Are you not flourishing in an Anglo-European forged Nation? Or would it be better for you to embrace the decline and openly hope your host nation becomes an Islamic Theocracy?

vantexan

So what is it you are yearning for? A Cherokee Nation in the heartland of America. Like an autonomous province gifted to these folks? Are you not flourishing in an Anglo-European forged Nation? Or would it be better for you to embrace the decline and openly hope your host nation becomes an Islamic Theocracy?
Cherokee aren't the best example. We're pretty much assimilated and are mostly of mixed ancestry. You really won't see a Wounded Knee in Oklahoma.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
History tends to repeat itself. Wouldn't bother me in the least if Islam became the major religion in this country.

oldngray

nowhere special
51f341394.jpg

vantexan

Was just in Abu Dhabi, then Dubai. Saw I'm assuming European women, maybe some Americans, walking around airport in short shorts with women walking by them in full burkas. Saw the same in Kyrgyzstan with local women in shorts too. They have some serious fanaticism in parts of the Muslim world, but not everywhere. Some of the friendliest people you'll ever meet live in Kyrgyzstan.