It’s coming...

vantexan

It is hilarious watching the 3 village idiots bitch and bash with every post. AB, Cactus and bacha seem to cherish the negativity each spews with each post. I challenge any of you to find 1 positive thing you have ever posted on here. Maybe the free donuts?
Exactly what kind of positivity do you radiate? You seem to live for putting others down.

bacha29

It takes a special type of person to believe increasing volume is a problem for contractors. “Oh No! More money, whatever shall I do!”
It's a problem if you can't find somebody willing to go out there in all kinds of weather every single day of the week match the production of the average UPS driver for half the wages and zero benefits.

Sure you can get away with it being that you operate in one of the most population dense areas of the country. So hello! The country is not just one great big city and you can't make somebody do a job that doesn't pay a competitive buck.

vantexan

It's a problem if you can't find somebody willing to go out there in all kinds of weather every single day of the week match the production of the average UPS driver for half the wages and zero benefits.

Sure you can get away with it being that you operate in one of the most population dense areas of the country. So hello! The country is not just one great big city and you can't make somebody do a job that doesn't pay a competitive buck.
The thing is in many rural areas there's a lack of jobs anyways so people take what they can get. When you've got kids to feed you man up.

AB831

I thought I heard your old station cheering from here. You quit a job and let the bitterness linger after you have moved on. That is great. LOL
I texted back and forth with my old manager today. I’m not bitter about anything. He treated me very well, and most of my coworkers with whom I worked closely were cool too. Just because I hate the company doesn’t mean I was on bad terms with every single person who worked there.

bacha29

The thing is in many rural areas there's a lack of jobs anyways so people take what they can get. When you've got kids to feed you man up.
The rural population is not only growing old but it's thinning out in numbers as well. Not to mention the failed drug tests and prior convictions.

It will be fine

Contractors successfully operate in rural areas. More volume, especially the easy smalls we get from Express, make the routes smaller and the work easier while increasing revenue. A business growing is a good thing, not a problem.

vantexan

The rural population is not only growing old but it's thinning out in numbers as well. Not to mention the failed drug tests and prior convictions.
No worries. Biden is putting 20,000,000 illegal immigrants on the path to citizenship with more coming. I'm sure they'd rather schlep boxes than work in the fields.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Gonna have to call :bsbullf: on that one until you can tell me exactly what kind of scan differentiates between selected P2 and lesser P2.

I'm curious, I need this education.

Feel free to amend your your statement.
No idea what kind of scan. Not my job to know it.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And charge the appropriate opco price. Not lead the customer to believe he's getting premium Express service at Express prices then use Ground to do it. That opens FedEx up to litigation exposure.
No it doesn't. They are selling a delivery commitment, not the means to achieve it.

falcon back

No it doesn't. They are selling a delivery commitment, not the means to achieve it.
He is on his lawsuit kick again. His demented mind insist the company is open to civil action if Ground delivers a package in 2 days. Which is exactly what the customer will be paying for. Most customers believe we fly their packages. Is the company open to lawsuits if customers find out their package is trucked?

bacha29

Contractors successfully operate in rural areas. More volume, especially the easy smalls we get from Express, make the routes smaller and the work easier while increasing revenue. A business growing is a good thing, not a problem.
More volume requires more manpower. How many trucks can you drive at one time? Last time I looked it was still only one.

vantexan

If you lead a customer to believe he's paying premium prices for premium service, and then use your cut rate service to do the work, and the cut rate service screws up an important shipment, your brand at the very least suffers an embarrassment that may lose you business. At worst a savvy lawyer might put together a class action suit representing a bunch of very unhappy customers. Even if the company wins(they can do anything they like I hear)you can bet their competitors will get a lot of mileage out of it. And please don't tell me it'll never happen because FedEx has been used many times over the years.

falcon back

If you lead a customer to believe he's paying premium prices for premium service, and then use your cut rate service to do the work, and the cut rate service screws up an important shipment, your brand at the very least suffers an embarrassment that may lose you business. At worst a savvy lawyer might put together a class action suit representing a bunch of very unhappy customers. Even if the company wins(they can do anything they like I hear)you can bet their competitors will get a lot of mileage out of it. And please don't tell me it'll never happen because FedEx has been used many times over the years.
So UPS package car drivers never deliver Next Day packages? Does the customer complain if a dedicated Next Day driver doesn't deliver their package?