It’s coming...

Gone fishin

It’s more than likely coming to every station. The mega hubs are adding sorts. The Indy hub is adding sorts. Stations won’t be getting all their freight for the day at one time. Whether you’re a big station or small station that’s going to affect you. There will be a morning sort of pure P1. Those part timers will go out and deliver. Then later in the morning the P2 freight will roll in. Another sort. And full timers will go out, deliver, and run pickups. We brought up the truck issue. Guy didn’t care. We brought up not being able to stay out as late doing pickups. Guy didn’t care. They’re making the change. Don’t assume your station will be immune.
We are going to be getting about a half of can on the second sort. Most will just come back at the station , but a few rts will be shuttled out

bacha29

This post is coming from a lazy * that was ran off and has done nothing but bitch and whine since. You were the embarrassment that was in the uniform. You wore it despite your hatred for the company and now you are obsessed with spreading your negative opinions. Must suck hating to wake up every day mad at the world because the way your life turned out.
LOL. There you again, running to Fat Freddy's defense. You're doing the same job now that you did when you started. Pick it up here, haul it over there, put it down someplace else.

So what good has it done you? There is one thing you simply cannot stop..... change . And change is what these guys are describing to you. And for you letter luggers that change is clearly trending in the direction that will most definitely NOT make life any better.

Nobody and I mean nobody is going to give a rat's expletive deleted about your fondness for day's gone by. Why? It's because those days are just that.... long gone.

falcon back

LOL. There you again, running to Fat Freddy's defense. You're doing the same job now that you did when you started. Pick it up here, haul it over there, put it down someplace else.

So what good has it done you? There is one thing you simply cannot stop..... change . And change is what these guys are describing to you. And for you letter luggers that change is clearly trending in the direction that will most definitely NOT make life any better.

Nobody and I mean nobody is going to give a rat's expletive deleted about your fondness for day's gone by. Why? It's because those days are just that.... long gone.
If companies don't change, they die and go away. Montgomery Ward, Sears, K mart, Pontiac, Saturn. All thriving companies years ago, all gone or soon will be. Because lazy dinosaurs like you are afraid of change, you whine and bitch when change happens.

I don't care if anyone cares about my fondness. Doesn't matter to me, as long as pension checks come when I decide to start drawing and the Dow makes my retirement fund keep growing. You got pushed out and don't seem to have a purpose except for crying and complaining.

bacha29

If companies don't change, they die and go away. Montgomery Ward, Sears, K mart, Pontiac, Saturn. All thriving companies years ago, all gone or soon will be. Because lazy dinosaurs like you are afraid of change, you whine and bitch when change happens.

I don't care if anyone cares about my fondness. Doesn't matter to me, as long as pension checks come when I decide to start drawing and the Dow makes my retirement fund keep growing. You got pushed out and don't seem to have a purpose except for crying and complaining.
I wasn't pushed out . But, then again the difference between you and me is that I knew when it was time to go. Too bad you didn't know enough to to the same.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
This post is coming from a lazy * that was ran off and has done nothing but bitch and whine since. You were the embarrassment that was in the uniform. You wore it despite your hatred for the company and now you are obsessed with spreading your negative opinions. Must suck hating to wake up every day mad at the world because the way your life turned out.
One of the biggest embarrassments was the day someone was stupid enough to hire you.

How’s that assistant delivery guy position for the neighborhood kid’s paper route coming along?

vantexan

It’s more than likely coming to every station. The mega hubs are adding sorts. The Indy hub is adding sorts. Stations won’t be getting all their freight for the day at one time. Whether you’re a big station or small station that’s going to affect you. There will be a morning sort of pure P1. Those part timers will go out and deliver. Then later in the morning the P2 freight will roll in. Another sort. And full timers will go out, deliver, and run pickups. We brought up the truck issue. Guy didn’t care. We brought up not being able to stay out as late doing pickups. Guy didn’t care. They’re making the change. Don’t assume your station will be immune.
You apparently don't work in such an area. If you've got 15 routes, and only 3 are in town, everything else runs 200-300 miles a day, or more, you don't send the part timers out then the fulltime later. Fulltimers will start early, run all day. In bigger cities where more rts are in town you'll see the early part-time thing, but extended rts will still run all day with one courier. Part-timers aren't going to run to spread out areas 70+ miles from the station, do P1, then run back to hand off vans to FTers who'll then drive out into same areas for P2 and pickups.

falcon back

You apparently don't work in such an area. If you've got 15 routes, and only 3 are in town, everything else runs 200-300 miles a day, or more, you don't send the part timers out then the fulltime later. Fulltimers will start early, run all day. In bigger cities where more rts are in town you'll see the early part-time thing, but extended rts will still run all day with one courier. Part-timers aren't going to run to spread out areas 70+ miles from the station, do P1, then run back to hand off vans to FTers who'll then drive out into same areas for P2 and pickups.
What meeting were you in when your plan was discussed?

Damon77

Exactly. This will "work" in some major metropolitan markets. The rest of the country will be business as usual.

Still haven't answered the question of what happens when the plane is an hour late and those P1 rtes are clearing at Noon instead of 10:31, thereby not being able to hand off these imaginary vehicles to the FTs.

vantexan

Exactly. This will "work" in some major metropolitan markets. The rest of the country will be business as usual.

Still haven't answered the question of what happens when the plane is an hour late and those P1 rtes are clearing at Noon instead of 10:31, thereby not being able to hand off these imaginary vehicles to the FTs.
Makes me wonder if the 35 hr guarantee will go out the window.

bacha29

Good point Go chase RD's all morning then send a guy out to chase the very same RD's all afternoon and evening. That won't go on for long when the gas bills and truck repairs start coming in. This situation had a lot to do with the consolidation of G and HD. Too much running around. Too little to show for it.

zeev

My scenario is management keeps pushing more P2 to Ground especially on these rural routes , if the volume gets to great they can borrow from Freight, they have been doing this already this also keeps the contractors from getting to demanding.