It’s coming...

NC man

This will be interesting, they never got DRA right, at my station anyway.We have 45 ft routes ,very few pt routes,mostly pup. One pt pup route covers my and another routes area. What full time route is gonna get the pups or spread it around? Then we would bevtwiddling our thumbs waiting for pups. If we have 45 doing p1 p2 now how many pt will they need to hire and people quit a lot these days,new hires that is.
This is gonna be a cluster friend.
What happens at peak next yr when pt drivers say sorry, can’t do p2. Going home and ft routes have 150p2 del,lol.
Close to retirement, hell may go pt for yr and cya!

Gone fishin

MF spewed this "expose Ground" stuff a decade ago. The public doesn't care. As much as I don't like the image of the typical Ground driver, the public doesn't care. You can rant and ramble all you want. Their volume keeps growing and growing. There's always some guy for whom Ground is a step up from whatever he's doing at the moment. You see some guy who is exploited; he'll tell you it's better than the job he left and he can listen to the radio and smoke cigarettes and he can leave early if he has a light day.
The public does care , I hear about it every fn day.

It will be fine

The public does care , I hear about it every fn day.
F1F901BC-03CC-4BA4-AF05-FEFB7C3D9057.gif

bacha29

MF spewed this "expose Ground" stuff a decade ago. The public doesn't care. As much as I don't like the image of the typical Ground driver, the public doesn't care. You can rant and ramble all you want. Their volume keeps growing and growing. There's always some guy for whom Ground is a step up from whatever he's doing at the moment. You see some guy who is exploited; he'll tell you it's better than the job he left and he can listen to the radio and smoke cigarettes and he can leave early if he has a light day.
If it's so great why are they always begging for box ox? It's not all growth and volume related.

Obviously you've been to the Fedex Mind Control And Reeducation Academy recently. This "you should feel honored to work for Fedex because you're nothing and are incapable of being something better" propaganda you spew is obviously a product of the brain washing you undergo when you're at the academy.

AB831

If it's so great why are they always begging for box ox? It's not all growth and volume related.

Obviously you've been to the Fedex Mind Control And Reeducation Academy recently. This "you should feel honored to work for Fedex because you're nothing and are incapable of being something better" propaganda you spew is obviously a product of the brain washing you undergo when you're at the academy.
See, instead of actually being a good company to work for, FedEx would rather spend that effort trying to brainwash people into thinking that they’re a good company to work for. “Where else are you going to start out making twenty something an hour”, “it is what it is”, “all companies have BS” are just mind control tools used by management to convince people into thinking there’s nothing better out there, when in reality, plenty of jobs on the outside are a huge improvement.

falcon back

See, instead of actually being a good company to work for, FedEx would rather spend that effort trying to brainwash people into thinking that they’re a good company to work for. “Where else are you going to start out making twenty something an hour”, “it is what it is”, “all companies have BS” are just mind control tools used by management to convince people into thinking there’s nothing better out there, when in reality, plenty of jobs on the outside are a huge improvement
Once you leave there will be plenty of employees that are a huge improvement

AB831

Once you leave there will be plenty of employees that are a huge improvement
When I leave, I'll be replaced by another twenty-something who will put in six to twelve months with the company, decide that he is sick of having a box company dictate his personal life, and then subsequently leave for greener pastures. When he leaves, he will be replaced by the same exact thing, and the wheel will turn accordingly. No one buys into this company's propaganda anymore except a small percentage of topped out employees, who ironically are the ones that Fat Freddy wants most badly to eliminate.

falcon back

When I leave, I'll be replaced by another twenty-something who will put in six to twelve months with the company, decide that he is sick of having a box company dictate his personal life, and then subsequently leave for greener pastures. When he leaves, he will be replaced by the same exact thing, and the wheel will turn accordingly. No one buys into this company's propaganda anymore except a small percentage of topped out employees, who ironically are the ones that Fat Freddy wants most badly to eliminate.
What facts are you basing your opinion that topped out employees are on the company's radar to be replaced?

AB831

What facts are you basing your opinion that topped out employees are on the company's radar to be replaced?
You think Fat Freddy wants to pay drivers $30 an hour plus benefits when Amazon is paying half of that? How about all of this two sort business. You think that's to keep the old timers happy and content? I don't think so. I know you've been brainwashed by his academy, but even you should be able to admit the winds of change are blowing, and they aren't blowing in the favor of those who have been with the company for decades.

falcon back

You think Fat Freddy wants to pay drivers $30 an hour plus benefits when Amazon is paying half of that? How about all of this two sort business. You think that's to keep the old timers happy and content? I don't think so. I know you've been brainwashed by his academy, but even you should be able to admit the winds of change are blowing, and they aren't blowing in the favor of those who have been with the company for decades.
Fdx couriers and Amazon drivers are Apples to Oranges
Nice try though

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
See, instead of actually being a good company to work for, FedEx would rather spend that effort trying to brainwash people into thinking that they’re a good company to work for. “Where else are you going to start out making twenty something an hour”, “it is what it is”, “all companies have BS” are just mind control tools used by management to convince people into thinking there’s nothing better out there, when in reality, plenty of jobs on the outside are a huge improvement.
Don’t forget the out right lie of “industry leading pay and benefits”.

Gone fishin

You also have to realize no one will do this for peanuts. I talked to 3 Amazon drivers this week out of curiosity. I said, you ready for the snow and cold in the dark delivering. They laughed and said I won’t be around long enough.
Fred better not overplay his hand

AB831

You also have to realize no one will do this for peanuts. I talked to 3 Amazon drivers this week out of curiosity. I said, you ready for the snow and cold in the dark delivering. They laughed and said I won’t be around long enough.
Fred better not overplay his hand
Based on the current staffing situation at our station, I’d say he already has

falcon back

How so? It’s unskilled labor delivering packages. It’s the exact same job.
Pay, benefits and most Amazon drivers break every safety rule Fdx has. Many Amazon drivers are contract labor and no benefits. Last I heard, most Express drivers are employees with benefits. Has that changed?

AB831

Pay, benefits and most Amazon drivers break every safety rule Fdx has. Many Amazon drivers are contract labor and no benefits. Last I heard, most Express drivers are employees with benefits. Has that changed?
Oh, so you’re one of the guys who believes delivering cardboard is prestigious, noble work for Fat Freddy but it becomes menial, grunt work when it’s for someone else? Got it.

falcon back

Oh, so you’re one of the guys who believes delivering cardboard is prestigious, noble work for Fat Freddy but it becomes menial, grunt work when it’s for someone else? Got it.
Yep. If you do it for Amazon. you make $15 an hr and have ZERO benefits and drive Sprinter vans that have been wrecked on every corner. When you work at Express, you start at close to $18 and top out at close to $30. Full benefits. Pt or Ft, and drive a little better Sprinters. Which do you think is better?

AB831

Yep. If you do it for Amazon. you make $15 an hr and have ZERO benefits and drive Sprinter vans that have been wrecked on every corner. When you work at Express, you start at close to $18 and top out at close to $30. Full benefits. Pt or Ft, and drive a little better Sprinters. Which do you think is better?
LMAO

vantexan

If it does come down to most FT couriers barely getting more than 35 hrs a week most likely turnover is going to spike again. They've strung so many couriers along at lower pay for years that the only thing that made the job ok was getting OT. Many are fine working little OT if they're topped out but couriers who spent many years making less than $18hr really count on getting at least 5-10 hours of OT, which FedEx is clearly trying to eliminate. Will probably accelerate retirements too. Looks like a calculation has been made at corporate level that they can make this work. They've been wrong before.