It’s coming...

Gone fishin

Eventually everything will be Ground the Express stations will not be worth it. Freight is available to help out as Ground as expanded. Contractors model has been used for years in trucking but has been going away because of the internet has allowed owner operators to bypass the companies for loads. Ground contractors and drivers have no leverage on freight and Fdx knows it.
2020 just got stranger

bacha29

Eventually everything will be Ground the Express stations will not be worth it. Freight is available to help out as Ground as expanded. Contractors model has been used for years in trucking but has been going away because of the internet has allowed owner operators to bypass the companies for loads. Ground contractors and drivers have no leverage on freight and Fdx knows it.
Spot on man. Independent contractor? (LMAO) What independence? As long as Fat Freddy's DOT number is on the side of your bank financed truck and the only thing going in it has Fat Freddy's bar code on it ..there ain't no independence. None .Nada .

bacha29

Fright has been delivering “small” packages for most of this year.

Ground is piloting a few different contracts to handle large packages within the network.
Handling the truck freight they stole off the LTL's including Fedex Freight. It's going to be called Fedex Hernia. And since comp claims and lost time accidents will be strictly prohibited shippers who do ship on Fedex Hernia will be required to tape a needle and thread to every box so you can sew your nuts back on after you rip them off literally dragging that junk up stairs and down into cellars , etc, etc.

It will be fine

Handling the truck freight they stole off the LTL's including Fedex Freight. It's going to be called Fedex Hernia. And since comp claims and lost time accidents will be strictly prohibited shippers who do ship on Fedex Hernia will be required to tape a needle and thread to every box so you can sew your nuts back on after you rip them off literally dragging that junk up stairs and down into cellars , etc, etc.
It’s no wonder you destroyed your body if you were carrying heavy packages up and down stairs.

AB831

Spot on man. Independent contractor? (LMAO) What independence? As long as Fat Freddy's DOT number is on the side of your bank financed truck and the only thing going in it has Fat Freddy's bar code on it ..there ain't no independence. None .Nada .
I believe you said it best before: you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

zeev

Freight has hired some younger drivers to make it happen most truck drivers are used to 200 steps a month not 200 stops a day.

MAKAVELI

Freight has hired some younger drivers to make it happen most truck drivers are used to 200 steps a month not 200 stops a day.
Most freight drivers choose to drive for freight because it's less physical than small package pu and del. They don't even have enough drivers to be working ground routes to make a difference anyway.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It’s more than likely coming to every station. The mega hubs are adding sorts. The Indy hub is adding sorts. Stations won’t be getting all their freight for the day at one time. Whether you’re a big station or small station that’s going to affect you. There will be a morning sort of pure P1. Those part timers will go out and deliver. Then later in the morning the P2 freight will roll in. Another sort. And full timers will go out, deliver, and run pickups. We brought up the truck issue. Guy didn’t care. We brought up not being able to stay out as late doing pickups. Guy didn’t care. They’re making the change. Don’t assume your station will be immune.
It defeats the purpose to roll it out to every station, which is why they have no plans to roll it out to every station.

bacha29

It’s no wonder you destroyed your body if you were carrying heavy packages up and down stairs.
I have to admit that it did. Spinal stenosis, a double hip joint replacement and arthritis. But, knowing the extent of the physical beating I wasn't about to send somebody else out to do a job I wouldn't do myself as well as to expect them to do it for a fraction of the compensation the other industry leaders were paying their help.

And while some try to legitimize the daily work experience of contractor employed drivers by trying to hide behind that smoke screen called "business" there is not real way to hide the sad state of contractor employed drivers from the public as a whole as more and more media attention is being shined on what today's Fedex is compared to what they want the public to believe it is.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And while some try to legitimize the daily work experience of contractor employed drivers by trying to hide behind that smoke screen called "business" there is not real way to hide the sad state of contractor employed drivers from the public as a whole as more and more media attention is being shined on what today's Fedex is compared to what they want the public to believe it is.
MF spewed this "expose Ground" stuff a decade ago. The public doesn't care. As much as I don't like the image of the typical Ground driver, the public doesn't care. You can rant and ramble all you want. Their volume keeps growing and growing. There's always some guy for whom Ground is a step up from whatever he's doing at the moment. You see some guy who is exploited; he'll tell you it's better than the job he left and he can listen to the radio and smoke cigarettes and he can leave early if he has a light day.