It’s Not My Fault

fishtm2001

"Trump has insisted over and over again that no one could have predicted that something like this, which of course is complete nonsense. The Obama administration had set up a pandemic team within the National Security Council, which ran potential scenarios for the incoming administration in January of 2017 as part of a legally required transition exercise. Roughly two-thirds of the Trump representatives who attended that meeting are no longer serving in the administration anyway, another example of how the huge turnover has contributed to the botched response. "

digby

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
"Trump has insisted over and over again that no one could have predicted that something like this, which of course is complete nonsense. The Obama administration had set up a pandemic team within the National Security Council, which ran potential scenarios for the incoming administration in January of 2017 as part of a legally required transition exercise. Roughly two-thirds of the Trump representatives who attended that meeting are no longer serving in the administration anyway, another example of how the huge turnover has contributed to the botched response. "

digby
So Obama's inadequate pandemic response plan is to blame.... If you say so.

Personally I think communist China's lies and bribing of the WHO leadership is to blame, but if you want to blame Obama go for it.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Your reading comprehension skills rival those of the "very stable genius".
You're the one who said Hussein Obama came up with the pandemic response plan. I've read it, have you? It said to coordinate with the WHO. They were covering for communist china's blatant lies about their outbreak.

fishtm2001

Who decided in 2018 to dismantle a National Security Council directorate at the White House charged with preparing for when, not if, another pandemic would hit the nation?

fishtm2001

You're the one who said Hussein Obama came up with the pandemic response plan. I've read it, have you? It said to coordinate with the WHO. They were covering for communist china's blatant lies about their outbreak.
The playbook anticipated and gave instructions for federal officials to prepare for many of the same roadblocks the Trump administration now faces, including lack of medical equipment and coordination. But you know that since you read it, right?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The playbook anticipated and gave instructions for federal officials to prepare for many of the same roadblocks the Trump administration now faces, including lack of medical equipment and coordination. But you know that since you read it, right?
So you're upset Cuomo refused to follow their advice and buy ventilators? You expected Trump to do that guy's job for him?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Who decided in 2018 to dismantle a National Security Council directorate at the White House charged with preparing for when, not if, another pandemic would hit the nation?
John Bolton consolidated redundancies into a more efficient organization that had needlessly quadrupled in size under Obama. The pandemic response team members were still employed within that reorganization. Got any other lies you need me to correct for you?

No, the White House didn’t ‘dissolve’ its pandemic response office. I was there.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Funny and well done!

My take?
Flatten the curve.JPG

rickyb

Now that there are zero net-gains in the stock market under Trump, and unemployment claims are about to hit record levels, what do you think Trump’s re-election slogan will be?

If he chooses something like “It’s Not My Fault” do you think it will resonate with his base?

Once upon a time, the Republican base seemed to favor leadership that takes responsibility for a crisis situation.

I’m not sure if that is still the case.
george bush stood on top of his own intelligence failure and his approval went to 90%. patriotism is a powerful thing.

flip side is the economy is going to :censored2:s and presidents dont do well over that.

plus trumps going against dementia joe.