It Feels So Wrong It Has to Be Right

Superteeth2478

So I just finished writing 19 supervisors working grievances that I accumulated records for over the past 5 days. 5 days, 19 supervisors working. 25.67 hours worth of supervisors working. At double my pay rate, that's $1,000. Took me all of an hour to file those grievances. Thus making my effective pay rate $1,000 an hour.

That's more than I make in 2.5 weeks of working part-time. And they're literally laying off a good 10-15 people MINIMUM every single day. The violations are so blatant now that they send home most of the hourlies on the metro I, the steward known to be the king of supervisors working grievances, work on, and the supervisors continue to work right in front of me.

The old preload manager thought I was "raping" the company with grievances back before it all went straight down the :censored2:ter like it's going now...I wonder what he would think if he saw how bad I was "raping" the company now?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So I just finished writing 19 supervisors working grievances that I accumulated records for over the past 5 days. 5 days, 19 supervisors working. 25.67 hours worth of supervisors working. At double my pay rate, that's $1,000. That's more than I make in 2.5 weeks of working part-time. And they're literally laying off a good 10-15 people MINIMUM every single day. The violations are so blatant now that they send home most of the hourlies on the metro I, the steward known to be the king of supervisors working grievances, work on, and the supervisors continue to work right in front of me.

The old preload manager thought I was "raping" the company with grievances back before it all went straight down the :censored2:ter like it's going now...I wonder what he would think if he saw how bad I was "raping" the company now?
We had a feeder driver who paid for his kids college with nothing more than sups working grievances.

Superteeth2478

We had a feeder driver who paid for his kids college with nothing more than sups working grievances.
I believe it! And that was BEFORE it all really went to Hell in a handbasket...I've never seen the state of the building worse in my 11 years working there. Today the unload literally ran until 9:45AM. The drivers just barely made it out of the building before 10:00AM! 3 supervisors working full-time in the sort aisle! At least now someone is filing on it, when it's been going on for the past month at least. I got her paid on the 3 grievances she filed the day she filed them. 600 minutes at double-time rate!

It's funny because that aforementioned old preload manager actually PCM'ed his supervisors saying BS like "Superteeth2478 made $20,000 in supervisors working grievances last year!" to try to turn them against me. Truth is that I hadn't made that much in 7 years of filing. But at the rate it's going with 2019, I'll make MORE than $20,000 in this year alone. I'm already up to $7,000 YTD, and we're not even halfway through the year...and this is BY FAR the worst 5 days of supervisors working violations.

Last edited:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
And all they have to do is honor the contract to avoid silly :censored2: like this.

:censored2:ing pathetic.

I applaud you sir, I’d pick up cash sitting on the ground for the taking all day, everyday.

Superteeth2478

And all they have to do is honor the contract to avoid silly :censored2: like this.

:censored2:ing pathetic.

I applaud you sir, I’d pick up cash sitting on the ground for the taking all day, everyday.
I know, right? It would have cost them 1/3 as much to pay 25 hours at $13/hour by having hourlies do the work...instead they opted to pay me $1,000 for NOT doing the work. Not to mention that the time spent by the supervisors doing hourly work was time spent NOT supervising. It's so backwards it's amazing.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
A lil south of the equator?
Something involving anacondas?
A certain matter regarding lack of pants?
Ive got a bulk stop and its going in and out of the back of ur package car?
An irreg for you to doube handle?
Heard you wanted to see my diad?
Dispatch is sending you a special?
Ive got a sensitive package to shuttle you?
This is gonna be the quickest driver release?

Ive got more

Indecisi0n

A lil south of the equator?
Something involving anacondas?
A certain matter regarding lack of pants?
Ive got a bulk stop and its going in and out of the back of ur package car?
An irreg for you to doube handle?
Heard you wanted to see my diad?
Dispatch is sending you a special?
Ive got a sensitive package to shuttle you?
This is gonna be the quickest driver release?

Ive got more
....you talking to me ?

oldngray

nowhere special
....you talking to me ?
you talkin to me.gif

Yolo

So I just finished writing 19 supervisors working grievances that I accumulated records for over the past 5 days. 5 days, 19 supervisors working. 25.67 hours worth of supervisors working. At double my pay rate, that's $1,000. Took me all of an hour to file those grievances. Thus making my effective pay rate $1,000 an hour.

That's more than I make in 2.5 weeks of working part-time. And they're literally laying off a good 10-15 people MINIMUM every single day. The violations are so blatant now that they send home most of the hourlies on the metro I, the steward known to be the king of supervisors working grievances, work on, and the supervisors continue to work right in front of me.

Thanks for keeping the records for me. I have more seniority then you so I'm going to file and get the grievance pay.

brostalss

Just wondering and I know I'll probably get hosed for this, but instead of being greedy and keeping that money for yourself, why not give it to the hourlies who were sent home everyday with no pay?

boswharfs

Just wondering and I know I'll probably get hosed for this, but instead of being greedy and keeping that money for yourself, why not give it to the hourlies who were sent home everyday with no pay?
Couldn't agree more. Need to educate the people who are being sent home to demand work, then grieve their loss of work. If we have a whole workforce that is first willing to work every day and second makes UPS pay every time they don't work us and we are in it together, then finally we will have the strength and unity to drive our own future. Tired of solo hunters. BTW supervisors don't want to work, it's the managers who don't want their labor hours to look "bad"

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Technically, the hourly's that are sent home.... would be entitled to the grievance

settlement. The actual grievant would only be entitled if no person affected could

be identified as being directly at a loss.