BlackCat

Of course all management were long gone by the time I got in. I did not hear a peep from them all day long regarding the issue.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
For anyone who took the first few weeks of January for vacation. Check your paycheck the company now has the practice of just paying 40 hours and not a 1/52 of your yearly total. And they're claiming they didn't have time to figure out the math. Please spread the word and ask coworkers to check there paychecks. This has happened to many drivers in this area and now I'm wondering how many years has this been going on for?
I just got one (tomorrow's check) for 40 hrs.
If you combined your sick days and personal days into a week's vacation, that could be the origin of your 40 hour paycheck.
A regular vacation would be paid at the 45 hour rate.

over12

Yes, the option week is 40 hours straight pay. But all the vacation weeks are based on your yearly gross from year prior here. So our checks are 1/52 from year prior. The problem is in process of being corrected here. But many drivers were unaware that the company was paying 40 hours and are claiming they were too busy from peak to figure out what there year to date was going to be. I'm just spreating the word so if this is in your contract agreement of how your vacation checks get cut make sure you check it out. Like I said drivers have been contacted to look at there checks and never even noticed. Just another way the company gets away with trying to screw you. Like air drivers not getting ground rate when delivering grounds, helpers not getting paid correct hours, helpers not getting bonus, this list goes on. If they can screw you THEY WILL!

oldngray

nowhere special
Yes, the option week is 40 hours straight pay. But all the vacation weeks are based on your yearly gross from year prior here. So our checks are 1/52 from year prior. The problem is in process of being corrected here. But many drivers were unaware that the company was paying 40 hours and are claiming they were too busy from peak to figure out what there year to date was going to be. I'm just spreating the word so if this is in your contract agreement of how your vacation checks get cut make sure you check it out. Like I said drivers have been contacted to look at there checks and never even noticed. Just another way the company gets away with trying to screw you. Like air drivers not getting ground rate when delivering grounds, helpers not getting paid correct hours, helpers not getting bonus, this list goes on. If they can screw you THEY WILL!

I never heard of that. Here option weeks are 50 hours straight pay and other vacation weeks are 45 hours straight pay. I never heard of any locals with that 1/52 rule.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
wmZEQr.gif
That sgt slaughters dad???