Jax Using golf cart helpers instead of cover drivers

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was talking with my on-car yesterday and he told me that UPS will be utilizing more independent helpers this Peak. He told me that I may have as many as 3 helpers and that I will be dropping off residential packages for each of the helpers, who will then walk up and down the streets of that section to make their deliveries while I focus on the commercial areas. They will not be allowed to use their personal vehicles. I have my doubts but will try to keep an open mind.

oldngray

nowhere special
I was talking with my on-car yesterday and he told me that UPS will be utilizing more independent helpers this Peak. He told me that I may have as many as 3 helpers and that I will be dropping off residential packages for each of the helpers, who will then walk up and down the streets of that section to make their deliveries while I focus on the commercial areas. They will not be allowed to use their personal vehicles. I have my doubts but will try to keep an open mind.
Expect a flood of driver follow ups in January.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
TIER 3.......................GOlf cart goes head on, into Grandpa's electric scooter!...........Followed by 10 messages in your DIAD. accident in center!...........lol
what's next ups? Why not just put a big basket on grandpa's rascal scooter, paint it brown and deliver packages that way! sounds like job for cosmo....lol.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
she may have to file to get it. Higgy brought this up last meeting

I wonder if a golf cart driver can file and get extra pay for pulling a trailer too. My present Preloader drove a golf cart last year, he was paid the $8.50 an hour Helper wage. They won't let him drive one this year because he has so many missorts everyday.

I wonder if a golf cart driver can file and get extra pay for pulling a trailer too. My present Preloader drove a golf cart last year, he was paid the $8.50 an hour Helper wage. They won't let him drive one this year because he has so many missorts everyday.
Wouldn't that be considered retaliation?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Wouldn't that be considered retaliation?

Sounds like it to me. Most of our Preloaders don't seem to file on things, even though they have an excellent shop steward. My Center might be better off if he was driving a golf cart instead of working the Preload. I do appreciate the extra OT from running missorts though!

Sounds like it to me. Most of our Preloaders don't seem to file on things, even though they have an excellent shop steward. My Center might be better off if he was driving a golf cart instead of working the Preload. I do appreciate the extra OT from running missorts though!

I hear you. Been vacation covering an AM air route this week. After air is off I will spend 2 or 3 hours running misloads. Easiest money you can ever make.